Carroll v Agbonlahor

Park Life

He clicked with Shearer virtually from the off. He only looked a tad dodgy when he played early doors alongside Shola (Intertoto Cup iirc?) when Shearer was injured. But Shola doesn't even know what he's going to do so you can't blame Bellamy for not reading him. How long had Bellamy been here when he had that blinder against Villa (goal through Schmeical's legs after a delicate chip into him by Robbie Elliott)? He's not a natural finisher (although he's improved on that score) in that he's better when he has less time to think but what's that got to do with what 2J said anyway? I.e. his comments about his movement and touch. The latter was very good in particular as soon as he linked up with Shearer. I don't remember his final ball being poor anyway. And while I'm at it I think Agbonlahor is shite.

Christ, can you remember when Shola and Lua Lua played a few games together in Europe? No body (including themselves) had any idea what either of them were going to do. Scored a few mind.

Played well at Camp Nou. I was there as well, soopafan tbh :lol:

As a complete neutral, I'd take Carroll before Agbonlahor every time.

Different type of player maybe but there are a few around that can do what Agbonlahor does but not many with the physical presence of Carroll.

I'd certainly give him an early call up to the England squad. He offers something that nobody else offers with the possible exception of Crouch and I think he's better than Crouch even at this stage of his development.

As a complete neutral, I'd take Carroll before Agbonlahor every time.

Different type of player maybe but there are a few around that can do what Agbonlahor does but not many with the physical presence of Carroll.

I'd certainly give him an early call up to the England squad. He offers something that nobody else offers with the possible exception of Crouch and I think he's better than Crouch even at this stage of his development.

High praise indeed.

I hope Sunday has done wonders for his season, but I'm in the camp where I think he will develop best out of the spotlight as much as possible this year and thats what I'm hoping for by and large.

Feel like a bit of a lone voice though after this weekend (though I can appreciate everyone's enthusiasm, it makes a nice change to have something to be positive about again)

I hope Sunday has done wonders for his season, but I'm in the camp where I think he will develop best out of the spotlight as much as possible this year and thats what I'm hoping for by and large.

Feel like a bit of a lone voice though after this weekend (though I can appreciate everyone's enthusiasm, it makes a nice change to have something to be positive about again)

I'd certainly not want him being rushed into the England squad, just have him know from Cappello that if he keeps it up he's definitely in with a shout within the year and he'll get a lift without being given it all too soon. Also it means he won't be likely to get injured playing for them!

My only real worry with Carroll though is his court case in October!

I'd certainly not want him being rushed into the England squad, just have him know from Cappello that if he keeps it up he's definitely in with a shout within the year and he'll get a lift without being given it all too soon. Also it means he won't be likely to get injured playing for them!

I wonder why he's still being allowed to play for the U-21s - not that I'm arsed like but I know in the past the FA has taken a tough stance with things like this. For example Woodgate and Bowyer - I'm sure even James Beattie wasn't allowed to play due to his drink driving case.

I wonder why he's still being allowed to play for the U-21s - not that I'm arsed like but I know in the past the FA has taken a tough stance with things like this. For example Woodgate and Bowyer - I'm sure even James Beattie wasn't allowed to play due to his drink driving case.

I did read an article somewhere debating whether Cappello could even pick him right now anyway and mentioned how annoyed Sven was with the rule when he couldn't get Bowyer and Woodgate in his team. Maybe its only when convicted rather than a pending case, i can't remember exactly to be honest?

I think that would be ideal but the chances of a young Englishman being kept out of the limelight if he has a good month, nevermind a full season, is unlikely. Stupid meeja.

I did read an article somewhere debating whether Cappello could even pick him right now anyway and mentioned how annoyed Sven was with the rule when he couldn't get Bowyer and Woodgate in his team. Maybe its only when convicted rather than a pending case, i can't remember exactly to be honest?

Bowyer wasn't convicted (on that occasion anyway :) ) so I'm not even sure if it was a 'rule' or just a decision the FA made given the sensitivity of the case etc.

Honestly and people will laugh. I have more technique than Agbonlahor he's shit.

I doubt they will laugh! Theres a fair few modern footballers who have any combination of pace, power, stamina etc. but football brain and basic technique are often lacking.

Guest Tuco Ramirez
Honestly and people will laugh. I have more technique than Agbonlahor he's shit.

:):lol:

You win on Monday?

Chucked it for 6 weeks :blush:

surely comparing carroll and agbonlahor is like comparing 2 players that could not be more different. one's a shopmobility forward with a sweet left foot, the others a headless chicken thats bluddy fast.

carroll would probably outscore agbonlahor this season. depends on us being creative, which is a bit of a weakness. as for agbonlahors technique, it is pretty bad. reminds me of a lad i played with a few years ago, fast as fuck but rearely took the ball with him when dribbling.....!

surely comparing carroll and agbonlahor is like comparing 2 players that could not be more different. one's a shopmobility forward with a sweet left foot, the others a headless chicken thats bluddy fast.

carroll would probably outscore agbonlahor this season. depends on us being creative, which is a bit of a weakness. as for agbonlahors technique, it is pretty bad. reminds me of a lad i played with a few years ago, fast as fuck but rearely took the ball with him when dribbling.....!

He is more like Crouch, but that would have been a boring and predictable thread. The main reason is that Ag and Carroll are in my mind next in the CF pecking order.

something stevie added, technique wise, Carroll is not bad. he has (after watching him last season and the early part of this season) better technique than he's given credit for. His movement needs a bit of work, but his work rates improved since we got relegated.

Wonder how Beckford's pace and movement would've complimented Carroll this year. Not that I think he's amazing or owt, just think he might have been worth a punt.

championship player in my view. yes he scored one against a under strength Man utd side, but he did virtually nothing for leeds after that game last season. he's fast sure, but his attitude according to leeds fans was appalling.

championship player in my view. yes he scored one against a under strength Man utd side, but he did virtually nothing for leeds after that game last season. he's fast sure, but his attitude according to leeds fans was appalling.

To be honest, our top level game is littered with players who are essentially just very fast coupled with a very limited amount of footballing ability these days.

Made a bet here with a lad at work. He's betting €10 that Carroll scores 15 goals in the season.. Can't see it happening to be honest..

I have done similar. I bet £10 Andy will get minimum 1 in 3. Put in a clause that he has to play a minimum of 21games. This was before the 6-0. Needless to say, the boy is pissing himself now.

Edited by Flair