Winning Mentality

Guest Tuco Ramirez

Guest Tuco Ramirez
Ant, has Niall McGinn or Pat McCourt had any bother while playing for NI? Gibson was born in NI and should be playing for them.

No but both recent call ups aren't they with a few games between them? last couple of years, like i said times have changed slightly, but it's still in the back of everyone head and there still the odd section, but fair play to those lads for taking the chance and it's players like that which will hopefully end up putting an end to the previous years entirely.

But you can't blame the likes of gibson opting to play for the republic, if you grew up here in the last 20years, had one chance of playing for either country and seen what has happened to previous players etc, i'd say not a lot of people would think it was worth the risk signing up and using their one chance at internationals that might end up being miserable.

Personally think the football should be like the Rugby considering the size of the island and the standard of the football in the leagues here, never any bother with the fans mixing for ireland playing then, whether it's just a different crowd who knows.

edit> recently read an interview for Jonny Evans who went to school and lived in an estate near me that frankly i wouldn't want to be anywhere near the middle off (rathcoole if anyone knows it) and in his words "if your protestant you play for northern Ireland", and unfortunately that sums it up, same age same club as gibson but other side of the fence, until religion has absolutely bugger all to do with football here it'll always be an underlying problem. (one that Rangers and Celtic make infinitely worse....)

From a reliable source, shirtlifter apparently, not saying it's his fault but he is.

I agree Celtic and Rangers make it worse, football attracts the less educated more bigoted crowd, certainly more than rugby, and right round the world football has ALWAYS been used as a political tool. So many examples of it.

Ant, has Niall McGinn or Pat McCourt had any bother while playing for NI? Gibson was born in NI and should be playing for them.

No but both recent call ups aren't they with a few games between them? last couple of years, like i said times have changed slightly, but it's still in the back of everyone head and there still the odd section, but fair play to those lads for taking the chance and it's players like that which will hopefully end up putting an end to the previous years entirely.

But you can't blame the likes of gibson opting to play for the republic, if you grew up here in the last 20years, had one chance of playing for either country and seen what has happened to previous players etc, i'd say not a lot of people would think it was worth the risk signing up and using their one chance at internationals that might end up being miserable.

There isn't a massive time difference between the three call ups.

And I do blame Gibson for opting to play for the Republic. I have grown up here over the last 20 odd years. I've been brought up to support the ROI team because at the time I couldn't have gone to Windsor Park with my dad to watch a game. However, times have changed. Whilst it's too late for me to change my allegiances, if players like Gibson don't change their attitude then the issue of supporting the NI football team is never going to become non-sectarian, it's up to people like him to set an example for the younger generation.

Gibson's family believe they live in Ireland, so why shouldn't he play for the country he believes he lives in?

We if he believes he lives in that country then that's all okay then, let's not worry about reality.

Guest Tuco Ramirez

Gibson's family believe they live in Ireland, so why shouldn't he play for the country he believes he lives in?

We if he believes he lives in that country then that's all okay then, let's not worry about reality.

If you asked 50 people in your "community" if they were Irish or British, I bet 45 would say Irish.

Personally think the football should be like the Rugby considering the size of the island and the standard of the football in the leagues here, never any bother with the fans mixing for ireland playing then, whether it's just a different crowd who knows.

There are too many issue with having to have an all-Ireland FA and the amalgamation of the Northern and Southern domestic leagues and the resultant effect that would have on European places for this to ever happen.

If you asked 50 people in your "community" if they were Irish or British, I bet 45 would say Irish.

And in an ideal world they'd say we're Northern Irish and get on with developing our own national identity rather than hanging Union Jacks or Tricolours off lamp posts.

A lot of animosity towards Citeh the club which I never understand tbh. Don't see them winning it this season at all but I wouldn't have owt against them if they did well for themselves. This is a club who were in the old 3rd division when their nearest rivals were winning the European Cup/winning everything in football for the last 20 years.

Fair enough if they've had a bit of cash to splash recently tbh and the media can fucking lump it.

They're cunts always were, always will be. In the grand scheme of things Sunderland have a bigger fanbase than them, and from years of accepting they're shit they're now demanding the Champions League. You would think having the most expensive team in the world would bring some passion and atmosphere to their games, but they can't even fucking sell out games against sides with big away followings like us.

I remember going to Maine Road in 2000, Shearer header, leaving the ground for about 300 "faces" to indsicriminately wade in to Newcastle scarfers including women and children, and on the bus back to Piccadilly, smashing lights on the bus, generally being scumbags. Never liked them, always preferred Man Utd. The myth about their support being out of the ordinary because of one year in Division Three, is baffling, their support outwith that has been mediocre at best. I love this thread.

http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/Forum/viewt...=1&t=192226

"for a one club town their support is a disgrace, last season was an embarrassment to them."

Yeah massive embarrassment, getting a better average gate of 44,000 than they've had in the top flight at any point in their history. Utter wanks. I replied with this, which they so far have negated to post the total mugs.

Last seasons support was a disgrace?

* Premiership prices

* Watching drivel most weeks

* A club who sold 10 of their best players

* Thrown to the ground and spat on by Ashley with not a penny investment

* No domestic trophies in 55 years

* Gets the third highest non top flight gate in history of English football (just under 44,000)

Hi

* Bettered only by Man Utd 48,000 (1974) and Newcastle 58,000 (1948)

* An average attendance bettered by Man City in the TWICE in any division

....and our average gate of 43,569 is a disgrace? You total fucking mug. Your 28,000 in 1998 was nothing special. £15 to get in tops, in the boom years after Euro 96, Oasis made City cool for a while, and it was almost a cult to watch the club, just a few years earlier you were getting 19,000 in a division higher. Whereas all you can throw at us is 1991, when if anyone who had a clue about Newcastle would know there was an official boycot to overthrow Gordon McKeag which we won. We had the highest average outside the top tier in the 80's (1984 - 30,000 third highest in the country), the highest in any league and a world record in the 40's (58,000) and the highest outside the top tier in the 21st century, 44,000, and that will never be bettered. Because the only fans who are capable of such loyalty are Man Utd, and they'll never go down again.

As for the laughable stats about population. Newcastle's population is actually 250,000, we're part of Tyne & Wear which has a pop of 1.1m, Greater Manchester is nearly 3m. So that dispells that myth, the irony is you use Man Utd as an excuse for your support, when the bush you beat them with is they're all out of towners, make your fucking mind up eh, and on an even level playing field Sunderland are a much better supported club than Manchester City.

Abusing a 44,000 average gate from a club without a trophy in 55 years in the second tier of a football league :( you all know you're not capable of it. Lets be honest you'd be at 29-32000 now in the Premiership if you were still managed by Pearce coming 15th-16th. The fair minded City fans would begrudgingly agree. You mouthy fat cunts* Britain's fattest cunts according to more than one survey, dwarf like rodents just like the dippers.

I don't really care what they say about us like, opposing fans are always inclined to spout shit about each other and it's seldom objective. I don't bother with opponents forums for that very reason, or at least not to argue the toss anyway, it's a waste of time.

What I can say purely objectively is that they've been down in the old 3 and up and down out of the top flight while their neighbours have won a record number of trophies and had their arses licked by the media for generations. You honestly could only guess at what that must be like. It deserves credit and you'd have to be deluded to say otherwise.

And the stuff you mentioned outside of Maine Road is nasty, no two ways about that and theres absolutely no excuses. Moss Side is probably one of the roughest places in Britain though. In a way it's a shame they moved to an almost equally nasty part of Manchester when they re-located to Eastlands but then it was with a view to the overall regeneration of East Manchester. We're pretty spoilt with SJP being where it is iyam.

:(

Amir Khan's brother is boxing for Pakistan in the Commonwealth Games. Good to see him sticking up for the community he believes he belongs to. :(

When he gets beaten the Pakistani press will be calling him British again etc etc.

A lot of animosity towards Citeh the club which I never understand tbh. Don't see them winning it this season at all but I wouldn't have owt against them if they did well for themselves. This is a club who were in the old 3rd division when their nearest rivals were winning the European Cup/winning everything in football for the last 20 years.

Fair enough if they've had a bit of cash to splash recently tbh and the media can fucking lump it.

They're cunts always were, always will be. In the grand scheme of things Sunderland have a bigger fanbase than them, and from years of accepting they're shit they're now demanding the Champions League. You would think having the most expensive team in the world would bring some passion and atmosphere to their games, but they can't even fucking sell out games against sides with big away followings like us.

I remember going to Maine Road in 2000, Shearer header, leaving the ground for about 300 "faces" to indsicriminately wade in to Newcastle scarfers including women and children, and on the bus back to Piccadilly, smashing lights on the bus, generally being scumbags. Never liked them, always preferred Man Utd. The myth about their support being out of the ordinary because of one year in Division Three, is baffling, their support outwith that has been mediocre at best. I love this thread.

http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/Forum/viewt...=1&t=192226

"for a one club town their support is a disgrace, last season was an embarrassment to them."

Yeah massive embarrassment, getting a better average gate of 44,000 than they've had in the top flight at any point in their history. Utter wanks. I replied with this, which they so far have negated to post the total mugs.

Last seasons support was a disgrace?

* Premiership prices

* Watching drivel most weeks

* A club who sold 10 of their best players

* Thrown to the ground and spat on by Ashley with not a penny investment

* No domestic trophies in 55 years

* Gets the third highest non top flight gate in history of English football (just under 44,000)

Hi

* Bettered only by Man Utd 48,000 (1974) and Newcastle 58,000 (1948)

* An average attendance bettered by Man City in the TWICE in any division

....and our average gate of 43,569 is a disgrace? You total fucking mug. Your 28,000 in 1998 was nothing special. £15 to get in tops, in the boom years after Euro 96, Oasis made City cool for a while, and it was almost a cult to watch the club, just a few years earlier you were getting 19,000 in a division higher. Whereas all you can throw at us is 1991, when if anyone who had a clue about Newcastle would know there was an official boycot to overthrow Gordon McKeag which we won. We had the highest average outside the top tier in the 80's (1984 - 30,000 third highest in the country), the highest in any league and a world record in the 40's (58,000) and the highest outside the top tier in the 21st century, 44,000, and that will never be bettered. Because the only fans who are capable of such loyalty are Man Utd, and they'll never go down again.

As for the laughable stats about population. Newcastle's population is actually 250,000, we're part of Tyne & Wear which has a pop of 1.1m, Greater Manchester is nearly 3m. So that dispells that myth, the irony is you use Man Utd as an excuse for your support, when the bush you beat them with is they're all out of towners, make your fucking mind up eh, and on an even level playing field Sunderland are a much better supported club than Manchester City.

Abusing a 44,000 average gate from a club without a trophy in 55 years in the second tier of a football league :( you all know you're not capable of it. Lets be honest you'd be at 29-32000 now in the Premiership if you were still managed by Pearce coming 15th-16th. The fair minded City fans would begrudgingly agree. You mouthy fat cunts* Britain's fattest cunts according to more than one survey, dwarf like rodents just like the dippers.

I don't really care what they say about us like, opposing fans are always inclined to spout shit about each other and it's seldom objective. I don't bother with opponents forums for that very reason, or at least not to argue the toss anyway, it's a waste of time.

What I can say purely objectively is that they've been down in the old 3 and up and down out of the top flight while their neighbours have won a record number of trophies and had their arses licked by the media for generations. You honestly could only guess at what that must be like. It deserves credit and you'd have to be deluded to say otherwise.

And the stuff you mentioned outside of Maine Road is nasty, no two ways about that and theres absolutely no excuses. Moss Side is probably one of the roughest places in Britain though. In a way it's a shame they moved to an almost equally nasty part of Manchester when they re-located to Eastlands but then it was with a view to the overall regeneration of East Manchester. We're pretty spoilt with SJP being where it is iyam.

PS just had a squint at that thread and the posts by 'cleaver'(12:01) and 'Gary James'(12:06) are pretty much all that needs to be said.

The rest is just the usual message board hot air.