My first thread got me thinking.

Geordie_Mentalist

And its largely down to your guys input aswell, but it got me sitting here thinking, just who has been the best one season wonder? A couple of contenders spring to mind.

Habib Beye, was quality for us and his career has curtailed after he left us like. I genuinely did think he loved the club, all the interviews whitley beye use to do in chronicle proffesing his love for us. Shame he didnt stick around he could of been well on his way to having a very respectable status amongst us fans.

Alex Mathie, now I know he was strictly more than a one season wonder, but he's in here from me because of that lobbed goal he scored alone. :angry:

Seb Bassong, some mentioned in the other post, he kept his head when others were falling. Had a truly great season and when we went down it was plainly obvious we would not be keeping ahold of such a talent.

The winner for myself though has to be Dide Hamann, what a season he had and its no doubt Liverpool came sniffing. He was good for Liverpool, great infact, but I dont think he ever hit the heights of the form he had with us. Who you lads reckon?

Edited by Geordie_Mentalist