Robbie Savage

Monroe Transfer

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there's something about welsh sportsmen - Savage, Bellamy, Henson...

they all think they are marvelous and will fight everyone who disagrees - and in some cases even those who agree with them.............

I agree and have a few theories about it. I just think Welsh people have such little identity, and what identity they do have is ridiculed, that they feel they have to make the biggest noise to get noticed. They're right to be fair. What doesn't help their cause is their attitude towards the English, they'd be third world without us, perhaps fourth world. They wouldn't be able to feed themselves, what else is there in Wales apart from coal?

You really are a Geordie Scouser sometimes. Wales does have a strong sense of identity, but unlike Scotland it is more about art and language than politics, but then you'd probably not know that reading Viz in your holiday home up Jimmy Nail's arse. If it came to some sort of war, Wales would do a fair amount of damage considering its size-a lot of England's water supply comes from Wales. And it tends to be west and north Wales that get funny about the English.

they all think they are marvelous and will fight everyone who disagrees - and in some cases even those who agree with them.............

I agree and have a few theories about it. I just think Welsh people have such little identity, and what identity they do have is ridiculed, that they feel they have to make the biggest noise to get noticed. They're right to be fair. What doesn't help their cause is their attitude towards the English, they'd be third world without us, perhaps fourth world. They wouldn't be able to feed themselves, what else is there in Wales apart from coal?

You really are a Geordie Scouser sometimes. Wales does have a strong sense of identity, but unlike Scotland it is more about art and language than politics, but then you'd probably not know that reading Viz in your holiday home up Jimmy Nail's arse. If it came to some sort of war, Wales would do a fair amount of damage considering its size-a lot of England's water supply comes from Wales. And it tends to be west and north Wales that get funny about the English.

:lol: Define geordie scouser. As for Wales having identity, you know your country has fuck all identity when Aled Jones is one of the ten most recognisable people. What identity? A language 70,000 speak, that's less than turn out at Old Trafford every week, a few castles (built by the English), a dead coal industry, and fat ginger cunts at the rugby singing land of their fatha's. That's identity?!?!?!? They have 1% of the identity Scots or Irish have. As for South Wales people not having chips on their shoulders about the English, you have never been to Swansea or Cardiff then.

It may well be a sheep related answer tbh, perhaps the Northumbrian sheep did not appeal to Bellamy etc. The longer they are away from a welsh sheep the more pronounced the exhibited cuntishness? Just a thought.....

I suppose I should say that my mother, and her family are Welsh at this point, and I have been to Cardiff and Pontypridd, where my family are from. I've not been to Swansea, but my parents' met at Swansea teaching college in the mid 70's and my grandpa is orginally from there.

But enough about my family history. I do find Wales has an identity, like most parts of Britain be it Liverpool, Newcastle, Dorset or Glasgow. If you really want a non-descript void of a place, try Bedfordshire/East Buckinghamshire. Not quite in East Anglia, the midlands or the home counties Bedfordshire is flat and contains such towns as Bedford, Leyton Buzzard and Luton. And just to the west, the other side of the M1 there is Milton Keynes. Milton fucking Keynes!! I lived round there for 10 years and that area was like staring at a biege Nissan Bluebird whilst drinking weak orange squash.

• 2 weeks later...

he's one of those players everyone hates, but if he played for your team you'd love him.

Anyone who unashamedly clatters the oppositions best players is good entertainment when you're a few down, so long as you don't ask if you might not be losing if you weren't fielding Robbie Savage..

I normally agree with most stuff you say but having had alot of welsh mates i think this isn't strictly speaking true, I think the welsh have a strong national identity, the problem is, no one gives a fuck, everyone sees them as cheap extensive to the english and by christ it riles them, even more so than the scots, so they gob off at every opportunity

I think the thing with the Welsh... it had been part of England for 500 years before the Acts of Union, whilst Scotland had always had its sovereignty. This has made them more like the English, so they had less of an identity. But they do still have an identity. Besides, I quite like Savage, it's embarrassing to say so but theirs something about him which I like, just not sure what :(

I think the thing with the Welsh... it had been part of England for 500 years before the Acts of Union, whilst Scotland had always had its sovereignty. This has made them more like the English, so they had less of an identity. But they do still have an identity. Besides, I quite like Savage, it's embarrassing to say so but theirs something about him which I like, just not sure what :icon_lol:

always nice to see someone less fortunate than yourself!!