The football trivia thread

Mac-Toon

• Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've edited the correct ones now Alex. Not AC Milan Bayern or Madrid though. Still two to get.

Right, I thought it must be one of them. Good question like. It's not Borrusia Dortmund is it? Or Juve?

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
Bet it's Porto and/or Benfica.

No. Not German, Italian, Spanish or Portuguese.

Celtic? I'm just naming every European Cup winner now btw :nah:

Celtic won every tournament they entered in 1967.

What champions league record do Newcastle hold?

Are we the only team to lose our first three group games and still qualify for the second stage?

Pretty sure we were the first anyway. Not sure if it's been done since.

PSV in 1988 was the last answer for the 'trebles' question by the way.

Fascinating to look at the stats for domestic doubles too. There were five in England between 1869 & 1993 and then six between 1994 & 2010. Just goes to show how much stronger the biggest, richest clubs are becoming compared to the rest.

Fascinating to look at the stats for domestic doubles too. There were five in England between 1869 & 1993 and then six between 1994 & 2010. Just goes to show how much stronger the biggest, richest clubs are becoming compared to the rest.

Didn't Fergie say its because of better pitches?....the best sides are able to play at their best on the almost uniformly great surfaces in the premier league.

But I think you're more accurate :nah:

Which British footballer scored a goal at his home ground for the away team and it wasn't an own goal?

Didn't Fergie say its because of better pitches?....the best sides are able to play at their best on the almost uniformly great surfaces in the premier league.

Which British footballer scored a goal at his home ground for the away team and it wasn't an own goal?

That's not it. It's the money in football. There was much more of an even level playing field even 25 years ago. Imagine the European Player of the Year signing for Southampton now, cos thats what Keegan did. The likes of Ipswich, Everton, Forest could compete, never again sadly.

Anyway which toon player shagged Keegan's wife?

I'm thinking somebody at Inter or AC or another ground share team.

Becks?

I'm thinking somebody at Inter or AC or another ground share team.

Becks?

Ian Rush probably too.

That's not it. It's the money in football. There was much more of an even level playing field even 25 years ago. Imagine the European Player of the Year signing for Southampton now, cos thats what Keegan did. The likes of Ipswich, Everton, Forest could compete, never again sadly.

Keegan

But I think you're more accurate :lol:

Keegan

:nah: