Partial Eclipse

Toonraider

Liked that Solar System thing Dr Brian Cox did. I think it was repeated recently although I'm not sure if it was on BBC3 or Eden or something like that.

yeah I saw it was on again, bbc3 or 4 I think. I really enjoyed that series. I loved the way Dr Cox explained things easily so dimwits like me could follow ;) He is very pretty on the eye too, just as lovely as the stars :icon_lol:

BBC 4 sounds more like, thinking about it. Can't get over how he was the keyboard player in D:Ream like. :icon_lol:

Noooo?!?!

I shit thee not

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Cox_(physicist)

I'd just read that. I cant believe it :lol: I fancy him even more now! :icon_lol: He is nearly 43 too, he doesnt look it. I see he has a second series coming to BBC2 soon.... Wonders of the Universe. I will look out for that.

Dont you just feel abit envious of people sometimes, who have achieved so much in their young lives?!

Yeah, but he seems such a nice bloke I don't begrudge him it.

No nor me, He's just seems a top guy who has got the lot, looks and brains!

Wonder if things can get any better for him? ;)

Anyone see the partial eclipse of the Sun this morning?

I missed it. Is it being repeated?

its being shown on Stargazing live tonight ;)

Recorded that to watch with the bairn. Was it canny or geeky?

tbh CT, alittle bit of both. I enjoyed it though. but then I like Dara and Dr Brian and I am really into anything to do with the skies! I was at a mates house the other night out in his conservatory in the dark peering into the sky to try and see Jupiter. All serious like. I went off to get a drink and came back to find hubby zooming in on a local hotel watching people go about their business in their hotel rooms :lol::icon_lol:

:icon_lol: Dirty old bugger.

I know what you mean about the dark though. When Ive been in the sticks in Northumberland or Scotland with no man made light the night sky can be amazing.

I saw the total eclipse in 1999 in France - in the Champagne region (Rheims). Fortunately the clouds cleared just before the event. I can honestly say it was one of the most brilliant things I have seen in my life. Don't wait 28 years, get yourself on a plane to somewhere with good weather and see it before then.

I love Cox (phnarr phnarr) and what he has done for Science. He's impossible to dislike because he is so enthusiastic on his subject, and he explains things so well. Take the following example.

Well I thoroughly enjoyed the Stargazing Live shows so Ive just looked online to buy a Planisphere and everyone else must have had the same idea cos theyre sold out on Amazon and the Book Depository :rolleyes: But I've ordered it anyway and theyll send it when they have some in stock, cant wait! Ive been out walking tonight and as its really dark here, had a great view of the starry sky tonight. Yes I think I'm a geek <_<