Partial Eclipse

Toonraider

Anyone see the partial eclipse of the Sun this morning? I went to see it after work earlier but it was too cloudy to see much ;) I was really disapointed.

Talking of the skies, did anyone watch the Stargazing live last night? I quite enjoyed it.....mind, that might be cos Dr Brian is fecking gorgeous :lol:

Anyone see the partial eclipse of the Sun this morning?

I missed it. Is it being repeated?

its being shown on Stargazing live tonight ;)

Surely some trades description conflict there.

I saw the one in 2000 (iirc) for which we had clear skies up here, whereas I think the West Country (where it was a full eclipse) had cloudy skies that day. Typical.

I saw the one in 2000 (iirc) for which we had clear skies up here, whereas I think the West Country (where it was a full eclipse) had cloudy skies that day. Typical.

I think it was 1999, and luckily I had a fairly good view of it here. The clouds had cleared alittle. I will never forget that day.

I think it was 1999, and luckily I had a fairly good view of it here. The clouds had cleared alittle. I will never forget that day.

I remember seeing it on Eastenders but I'm a little sketchy on the details.

Eastenders? ;) are you ok today alex?

Didn't watch it. Apparently there'll be another one in 28 years so I thought I'd save it til then.

I rekon I'll be dead by then :lol:

Don't worry, it'll probably be cloudy anyway.

;) Git!

Eastenders? ;) are you ok today alex?

:lol: It was (skillfully as you can imagine) woven into the storyline. I remember Ian Beale on the beach looking skyward but that's about it.

Eastenders? :lol: are you ok today alex?

:icon_lol: It was (skillfully as you can imagine) woven into the storyline. I remember Ian Beale on the beach looking skyward but that's about it.

;) Isnt it funny the things that stick in our minds?!

Anyone see the partial eclipse of the Sun this morning?

I missed it. Is it being repeated?

its being shown on Stargazing live tonight ;)

Recorded that to watch with the bairn. Was it canny or geeky?

tbh CT, alittle bit of both. I enjoyed it though. but then I like Dara and Dr Brian and I am really into anything to do with the skies! I was at a mates house the other night out in his conservatory in the dark peering into the sky to try and see Jupiter. All serious like. I went off to get a drink and came back to find hubby zooming in on a local hotel watching people go about their business in their hotel rooms :lol::icon_lol:

Edited by Toonraider

I thought that Stargazing (should have called it Stargazer and used the song as theme/background) was caught too much between catering for people with an amateur interest like me and dumbing down too far for people who'd never looked up in their lives.

Would also have enjoyed it more if it hadn't been so cloudy last night which prevented following up on the tips.

I thought that Stargazing (should have called it Stargazer and used the song as theme/background) was caught too much between catering for people with an amateur interest like me and dumbing down too far for people who'd never looked up in their lives.

Would also have enjoyed it more if it hadn't been so cloudy last night which prevented following up on the tips.

Good shout!

Liked that Solar System thing Dr Brian Cox did. I think it was repeated recently although I'm not sure if it was on BBC3 or Eden or something like that.

Liked that Solar System thing Dr Brian Cox did. I think it was repeated recently although I'm not sure if it was on BBC3 or Eden or something like that.

yeah I saw it was on again, bbc3 or 4 I think. I really enjoyed that series. I loved the way Dr Cox explained things easily so dimwits like me could follow ;) He is very pretty on the eye too, just as lovely as the stars :lol:

yeah I saw it was on again, bbc3 or 4 I think. I really enjoyed that series. I loved the way Dr Cox explained things easily so dimwits like me could follow ;) He is very pretty on the eye too, just as lovely as the stars :lol:

BBC 4 sounds more like, thinking about it. Can't get over how he was the keyboard player in D:Ream like. :icon_lol:

BBC 4 sounds more like, thinking about it. Can't get over how he was the keyboard player in D:Ream like. :icon_lol:

Noooo?!?!

Noooo?!?!

I shit thee not

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Cox_(physicist)