snakehips

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Denton for me. Been going for years. I like the Powder Monkey over Benton way. Bars in town Goose, The Junction, Three Bulls Heads, The Waterline & The Bridge Hotel.

Nothing worse though when you've got scumbag dealers selling and snorting coke in the toilets at the local (the first place I mentioned). Makes me fucking sick when you can't get in to have a big poo or even the doorway too because of some knobends doing that shit.

On that note, good riddance to the Howlet! Got set about in there by that scum the week before it shut down...for good. It's now a Sainsburys.

The Mile Castle on a match day . :calmdown:

Do you ?

Shame about the Howlett, good riddance like but my uncle took me in there when I was about 17, sat with him and his mates watching them play bloody dominoes all night.

I do aye whenever I get a ticket, which can be quite often. Normally sit at the back on the groundfloor. It's never really heaving, cheap & close enough too.

I meant the Denton, but not on match day, just regularly. It was my local during the 70's and early 80's before I moved away, been in a few times lately.

I lived in Denton Burn during that time.

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
Meenzer I'm there 8 or 9 times a year. I stay in Lewisham just off Lee High Road on Belmont Hill when am there. I know the area like the back of me hand mate it's me second home. Me sis has lived in various places in Blackheath for about 16 years so it's my London manor. Where exactly do you stay? I was only in "The One Bar" a few weeks ago, and often pop in to Dylans. There's the best Indian take away ever in Lea by the way just along the road.

I know Lewisham Shopping Centre is ok as is the market, the people are ugly as fuck though, it's like being in Blyth.

I knew you knew your way around Blackheath and all, didn't realise it was quite that close to home though. I'm halfway up the hill from the big roundabout at the top of Lewisham, go up Loampit Vale to Lewisham Way and that's where I am basically. Know the One Bar pretty well, walk up Belmont Hill as part of my occasional Sunday constitutional :calmdown: via Blackheath then back through Greenwich Park and home. Small world like.

Fuck me, so close. I'll be honest like, I hate Lewisham and New Cross, best thing about round there is that all night hatch on New Cross Road that sells beer. Was there about 1am a while ago walked from NCS to the hatch about 200 yards and was offered four types of drug in that 2 minutes off 4 different characters. Fuckin £9 in a taxi from there home robbing bastards.

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

Meenzer I'm scheduled to be down for a few days end of the month, I'm not going home till the Sunday night (am hoping we get an away FA Cup draw in London). If you're doing your normal walk I'll have a pint with you in the crown if you like.