Major daft virus problem....!

Geordie Boyo

Never had this problem I don't think. Basically I can't open Malwarebytes to try and tackle the problem as I just get a security alert warning popping up saying Application cannot be executed. it is infected. do you want to activate your antivirus software now? ...If you click Yes it just opens up a website to download and obviously pay for some so-called antivirus software.

As I say I can download links.....but not open them without that alert coming up.

I can't use any current antivirus software programe either......I don't actually have one :D just have malwarebytes and other anyspyware software to run every now and then.

Think I'm fooked, but what do you think? Is there anything I can do. the alerts 'security warning' 'windows sercity alert' and antivirus software alert' keep popping up.....its a bit annoying :icon_lol:

'Application cannot be executed. the file wuaudt.exe is infected. do you want to active doftware now?'

Edited by Geordie Boyo

Never had this problem I don't think. Basically I can't open Malwarebytes to try and tackle the problem as I just get a security alert warning popping up saying Application cannot be executed. it is infected. do you want to activate your antivirus software now? ...If you click Yes it just opens up a website to download and obviously pay for some so-called antivirus software.

As I say I can download links.....but not open them without that alert coming up.

I can't use any current antivirus software programe either......I don't actually have one :D just have malwarebytes and other anyspyware software to run every now and then.

Think I'm fooked, but what do you think? Is there anything I can do. the alerts 'security warning' 'windows sercity alert' and antivirus software alert' keep popping up.....its a bit annoying :icon_lol:

It would help if you could post the name of the company whose website it leads you too. This info will allow a search for a fix, which there will be.

Reboot your computer in safe mode with networking. download microsoft security essentials, scan with that, then scan with malware bytes. Go on safe mode with networking before you download microsoft security essentials. to get into safe mode reboot your computer and keep tapping f8 when its starting up.

Reboot your computer in safe mode with networking. download microsoft security essentials, scan with that, then scan with malware bytes. Go on safe mode with networking before you download microsoft security essentials. to get into safe mode reboot your computer and keep tapping f8 when its starting up.

I'll try that and see what happens. ta.

• 5 weeks later...
Was at my mothers yesterday and my stepfather has this shit on, says he was on the 02 site looking at phones.

:lol:

He was obviously on spankwire pulling the banjo of himself!