Happy 60th birthday Kevin Keegan

Dr Kenneth Noisewater

Under Lawrie McMenemy ;)

Took them to the cup final in 79 too. Not sure where they finished 81/82.

79 was the one where Arsenal beat Man Utd but I only 'remember' it from 101 Great Sporting Moments that used to be on the Beeb. It's the one where Man Utd scored two late goals to equalise before Alan Sunderland went down the other end to get the winner. They won it in the 70s though when Mick Shannon played for them (later to join KK up here) and Lawrie McMenemy was manager. Before my time like.

The year Southampton led the league for a while was the same year Swansea did well after coming up with John Toshack as manager and Leighton James on the wing for them. Swansea had had 3 promotions in 4 years or something like that and were also top at one point. I think Liverpool still won the league quite comfortably in the end though. Funny the snippets you remember.

Guest Marshall-Baines
Under Lawrie McMenemy ;)

79 was the one where Arsenal beat Man Utd but I only 'remember' it from 101 Great Sporting Moments that used to be on the Beeb. It's the one where Man Utd scored two late goals to equalise before Alan Sunderland went down the other end to get the winner. They won it in the 70s though when Mick Shannon played for them (later to join KK up here) and Lawrie McMenemy was manager. Before my time like.

The year Southampton led the league for a while was the same year Swansea did well after coming up with John Toshack as manager and Leighton James on the wing for them. Swansea had had 3 promotions in 4 years or something like that and were also top at one point. I think Liverpool still won the league quite comfortably in the end though. Funny the snippets you remember.

There was a time when about 3 seasons running Watford and Southampton were running for the title till near the end both came 2nd. Even a wank club like Villa won the league in that era. Everton not long after too. Criminal how we were never involved to be honest.

Under Lawrie McMenemy ;)

There was a time when about 3 seasons running Watford and Southampton were running for the title till near the end both came 2nd. Even a wank club like Villa won the league in that era. Everton not long after too. Criminal how we were never involved to be honest.

Funnily enough it reminded me of Watford under Graham Taylor with John Barnes and that goalie who used to kick the ball into the opposition penalty area. They came 2nd twice I think.

any NUFC fan over the age of 35 who doesn’t think KK is a god should be banished to that shithole 12 miles to the South East of Newcastle, for life.

He took our club to a different stratosphere and in such a spectacular way too.

St James’ Park wouldn’t be the way it is today without his impact and NUFC probably would’ve gone out of business as well.

I loved him as a player even before he played for us, but wow, what an impact he had on NUFC.

Under Lawrie McMenemy :)

Just looked it up, it was the League cup and they lost to Forest.