Aston Villa clear out

KeithJ

Stacks of optimism in this thread. Maybe it needs Toonpack or skidders to tell us how well Mike Ashley "plan" is going

Edited by LeazesMag

Steven Taylor is dishonest and lacks heart, that's his problem, particularly at CB. If you compare him to someone like Williamson he probably has more natural talent but Williamson at least sticks to his job (even if he is a tart, as is Taylor tbh) whereas Taylor goes missing, often losing his player, which is why you see him sweeping behind the keeper so often. It's no coincidence Taylor's best PL season (or half season to be more accurate) is when he was playing at full-back, because he has less defensive responsibilities there.

Thats more like it! :nufc:

Stacks of optimism in this thread. Maybe it needs Toonpack or skidders to tell us how well Mike Ashley "plan" is going

Give it a rest will yah.

genuine comment, and relevant to the thread. It's also a chance for someone to prove me wrong, as there seems to be plenty who would like to.

Skidders and Toonpack can cheer us all up by telling us all how things are going just great and the club is aiming for the sky.

Steven Taylor is dishonest and lacks heart, that's his problem, particularly at CB. If you compare him to someone like Williamson he probably has more natural talent but Williamson at least sticks to his job (even if he is a tart, as is Taylor tbh) whereas Taylor goes missing, often losing his player, which is why you see him sweeping behind the keeper so often. It's no coincidence Taylor's best PL season (or half season to be more accurate) is when he was playing at full-back, because he has less defensive responsibilities there.

I'm not surprised at all that Villa are going down the pan. O'Neill is overrated and was never going to last the length of his absurdly long contract.

I'm not surprised at all that Villa are going down the pan. O'Neill is overrated and was never going to last the length of his absurdly long contract.

I don' think O'Neill would have taken them down though. Houllier has completely lost the dressing room by all accounts.

Edited by Holden McGroin

I don' think O'Neill would have taken them down though. Houllier has completely lost the dressing room by all accounts.

despite winning loads of trophies elsewhere ? Like Liverpool. One of the most highly achieving managers going.

Funny old game isn't it.

Plenty of villa rejects would improve us. Id take any of those listed in the op. You can't be too picky when you've a squad like ours.

Personally I think the fact that we are looking at a championship bound side and seeing 3/4 players that would improve us is fucking scary. Maybe this is all part of the FCB masterplan (whatever the fuck that is).

Richard Dunne's never handballed in the box and went down clutching his chest. Or tried to go on a Gazza-esque run up the pitch and lose the ball. Or spent most of his games pointing at imaginary problems in the backline so it looks like he's the organiser. Or brown-nosed the fans so most of his faults go unnoticed by stupid people. Basically, Steven Taylor's a not-very-good centre half and Dunne is a good one. Him and Warnock would be two good signings from them. I don't think Agbonlahor is the greatest but he'd be useful on the counter and off the bench. Who was the player that didn't get in the 25 squad in January alongside Warnock? I'm sure it was two decent players.

As we currently have the worst collective strike force in the premiership, every other team has at least one striker who would walk into our team.

Plenty of villa rejects would improve us. Id take any of those listed in the op. You can't be too picky when you've a squad like ours.

you have a go at me for saying the same thing, but now you sound like me :nufc: