Sky blagging

Smooth Operator

Want multiroom and hd upstairs and down, got no problem getting the one hd box for the main connection downstairs but don't think they'll give me the second one for nowt, anyone got any good blagging techniques that have worked before? Got full package and would be increasing monthly bill by about 35 quid so surely it's in their interest to play ball?

Threaten to leave and get put through to the retentions department

Aye did that few months back and got put straight through to disconnections!

Don't think blagging techniques make an iota of difference. At the end of the day it's just down to pure luck on who answers your call and 9 times out of 10 times you'll get one of the mongs from the call centre who are incapable of thinking for themselves and just witter off the standard spiel.

As you're only after a new HD box for nowt, it might just be better to explain you're thinking of getting multi-room but don't have another HD box and currently can't afford to pay the £200 (or whatever it is these days) fee upfront.

Seeing they're giving the older HD boxes away to new customers I can't see them having too much of a problem with it... unless you're after the new 1TB box for free.

Too late posting this I guess but its the home of top tips in such matters

Keeps you updated on offers that they never 'put to you' as an existing customer too

Stood me in good stead with Virgin Media capers

(speaking of which - anyone ex-Starview etc. found a new way forward at all ? )

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=183

Keeps you updated on offers that they never 'put to you' as an existing customer too

Apparently there's a box that connects to the internet that people are using now but it needs updated quite often. Haven't checked in a few months like so could be different now!

Was gutted when my Starview died.

Apparently there's a box that connects to the internet that people are using now but it needs updated quite often. Haven't checked in a few months like so could be different now!

Was gutted when my Starview died.

Aye mate t'was a sad day indeed. Had a great innings though ;)

Had a couple. The earlier ones always went off before a game and the funk on 'getting the codes' haha great days.

Cheers - I'm gonna have to look into your revelations like ! . :lol: .