The World's 50 Best Restaurants

ChezGiven

the fat duck is the best restaurant i've ever been too. i'm surprised it's down so much, the others making up the top 5 must be something special.

of the others on the list i've only been to daniel and hibiscus. i'm surprised daniel is 11th actually. i've been to far better michelin star restaurants in the UK, benares, la gavroche, la manoir aux quat saisons and helene darroze at the connaught ...to name a few

the fat duck is the best restaurant i've ever been too. i'm surprised it's down so much, the others making up the top 5 must be something special.

of the others on the list i've only been to daniel and hibiscus. i'm surprised daniel is 11th actually. i've been to far better michelin star restaurants in the UK, benares, la gavroche, la manoir aux quat saisons and helene darroze at the connaught ...to name a few

Couple of them are on the list, just dont make the top 50. Michelin prefers restaurants that treat their diners like royalty, this one seems to be more about the food and not about rarefied atmospheres.

Been to no.1 and no.9 but before they were rated highly on these sort of lists so neither were expensive at the time, probably more so now.

Aye, Big Luke's is conspicuous by its absence too.

<_< I'd rather go to Amichi than the places on that list tbh. I'd draw the line at Big Luke's though.