Alan Pardew vows to stay Positive

Christmas Tree

ALAN PARDEW has vowed to deliver a team the Toon Army will be proud of next season.

Pardew is not trying to win a popularity contest at St James’ Park but his footballing beliefs match the dreams of Newcastle United fans as he looks to build an attacking team along with the input of backroom figures John Carver and Steve Stone.

However, Pardew is aiming to impose a sensible soccer policy and make sure more clean sheets like the one against Man United this week are a regular occurrence – something which has been the achilles heel of teams of the past with shoddy defending suffocating any hope of glory for the Magpies.

The United boss has reiterated his deep desire to hold on to both Joey Barton and Jose Enrique, and believes stars such as Cheick Tiote, Hatem Ben Arfa, Kevin Nolan and Fabricio Coloccini give him an excellent platform to build on this summer.

Pardew has also been delighted with the efforts of colossal defender Mike Williamson and workaholic right-back Danny Simpson.

Pardew’s scouting network and backroom staff have been working around the clock to run the rule over summer targets.

However, the Chronicle understands United will not panic when it comes to incoming players this summer and will take their time to get their men.

Pardew told the Chronicle: “We have a great team already to build on.

“We want to play exciting football and want that to continue.

“We want to wire players up in the wide areas like we did against Man U and get players through the middle and in on goal – that sort of movement is what you should have at St James’.

“We want to break teams down that way rather than committing defenders and leaving yourself exposed.

“That is the next step we have here and something we are working on daily.”

With United getting close to mathematical safety, we can reveal that talks with Barton and Enrique will take place soon.

Enrique promised to speak to the club as soon as survival was confirmed and that could unfold in the next eight days.

Pardew said: “I don’t want to go there just now. It has been a great few days for us after a big result against Man United.

“Obviously, I want Jose and Joey to stay and we will do everything we can to keep them at Newcastle.”

Pardew is confident a strong finish could also be the key to keeping his best players, with a top-10 finish looking a big possibility.

He added: “After what we have shown recently you would like to think there are a two wins left in us at least this season in the final four or five games.

“We really owe it to ourselves to finish the job strongly and owe it to the rest of the Premier League too.

“We are preparing for games right, we are warming up and down for games right, and if we play as well as we did against Man U we will win more than we lose.

“What we want to give to the fans is a display like Man United or better.

“The minimum amount of effort we should be putting in is what we did against Man United.

“We look forward to the big games, not fear them.”

Actions speaks louder than words and all that, but I still believe we have have a good group of players to build a team around.

Add to this we are expected to break even this season, we have money in the bank to spend, we have a very good scout on board and I cant really see the likes of Villa, Sunderland, Everton etc etc having money to spend in the summer, then I do think we will improve and progress next year.

Krul or Foster

Simpson Colochini Enrique

Barton Ben-Arfa Tiote Nolan Ireland Gosling Jonas Lua-Lua

Couple of decent strikers and another Colochini and we'll be flying.

(Obv. Enrique might need replacing)

How come we've signed one good player and everyone seems to think weve got the greatest scout in the world?

Very good hardly equals worlds greatest :)

As far as I was aware he had a reputation as a good scout for Spurs and Man City, prior to joining us.

How come we've signed one good player and everyone seems to think weve got the greatest scout in the world?

Very good hardly equals worlds greatest :)

As far as I was aware he had a reputation as a good scout for Spurs and Man City, prior to joining us.

It wasn't quoted directly at you, it just seems that everyone's jumping on the bandwagon because he's signed one good player for us, and thinking he's gonna sign a Tiote every season when it's clearly not gonna happen

ALAN PARDEW has vowed to deliver a team the Toon Army will be proud of next season.

Pardew is not trying to win a popularity contest at St James’ Park but his footballing beliefs match the dreams of Newcastle United fans as he looks to build an attacking team along with the input of backroom figures John Carver and Steve Stone.

However, Pardew is aiming to impose a sensible soccer policy and make sure more clean sheets like the one against Man United this week are a regular occurrence – something which has been the achilles heel of teams of the past with shoddy defending suffocating any hope of glory for the Magpies.

The United boss has reiterated his deep desire to hold on to both Joey Barton and Jose Enrique, and believes stars such as Cheick Tiote, Hatem Ben Arfa, Kevin Nolan and Fabricio Coloccini give him an excellent platform to build on this summer.

Pardew has also been delighted with the efforts of colossal defender Mike Williamson and workaholic right-back Danny Simpson.

Pardew’s scouting network and backroom staff have been working around the clock to run the rule over summer targets.

However, the Chronicle understands United will not panic when it comes to incoming players this summer and will take their time to get their men.

“We want to wire players up in the wide areas like we did against Man U and get players through the middle and in on goal – that sort of movement is what you should have at St James’.

“We want to break teams down that way rather than committing defenders and leaving yourself exposed.

With United getting close to mathematical safety, we can reveal that talks with Barton and Enrique will take place soon.

Enrique promised to speak to the club as soon as survival was confirmed and that could unfold in the next eight days.

Pardew said: “I don’t want to go there just now. It has been a great few days for us after a big result against Man United.

“Obviously, I want Jose and Joey to stay and we will do everything we can to keep them at Newcastle.”

Pardew is confident a strong finish could also be the key to keeping his best players, with a top-10 finish looking a big possibility.

He added: “After what we have shown recently you would like to think there are a two wins left in us at least this season in the final four or five games.

“We really owe it to ourselves to finish the job strongly and owe it to the rest of the Premier League too.

“We are preparing for games right, we are warming up and down for games right, and if we play as well as we did against Man U we will win more than we lose.

“The minimum amount of effort we should be putting in is what we did against Man United.

Actions speaks louder than words and all that, but I still believe we have have a good group of players to build a team around.

Add to this we are expected to break even this season, we have money in the bank to spend, we have a very good scout on board and I cant really see the likes of Villa, Sunderland, Everton etc etc having money to spend in the summer, then I do think we will improve and progress next year.

Krul or Foster

Disgraceful omission of Ferguson from that list. For shame

Krul or Foster

Disgraceful omission of Ferguson from that list. For shame

Krul or Foster

:)