Solid Foundations...

Deano

Who do you consider to be "Key" players in our team/squad which form the solid foundations we've built in the last two seasons?

---Harper---

-------*--------Taylor---Coloccini---Enrique

---Barton---Nolan---Tiote---Jonas---

---Ben Arfa---

-------*--------

GK: Harper, Krul and Forster

CB: Taylor, Coloccini, Williamson and Kadar...Could do with another experience CB

RB: Simspon, S.Taylor, R.Taylor and Gosling...Definitely need a new quality RB

LB: Enrique, Ferguson and Kadar...If Jose goes then we need a new Quality LB, even if he doesnt we could do with cover.

RM: Barton, Jonas, Barfa, R.Taylor, Guthrie, Gosling and Lua-Lua.

LM: Barfa, Lua-Lua and Ferguson...LM needed to challenge and cover.

CM: Tiote, Nolan, Barton, Guthrie and Gosling...Could do with another ball playing CM (not essential though)

FWD: Ben Arfa, Nolan and Jonas?

ST: Ameobi, Best and Ranger...100% NEED two new strikers!

So in short i think we have 9 of a very good premier league starting 11, need a new ST and RB to walk into the side. We have decent cover in all positions but could do with one more in each area to add quality in depth, to cover and to challenge the 1st team.

4-7 quality additions and we are a top 8 side. Whether that will happen is unknown. 7 is probably very optimistic, 4 is probable, level of quality is paramount however. Im confident that come the start of next season we will all be very VERY optimistic of the season ahead.

:lol:

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im confident that come the start of next season we will all be very VERY optimistic of the season ahead.

This'll be a worthwhile quote to pull out in 19½ weeks time. I sincerely hope you're right. I doubt very much you are...

Even Lawrenson made light of it on MOTD2 tonight. They know fucking well we'll not see that money.

We will be on fire next season without any shadow of a doubt. :lol:

With a good bench with players who can come on a turn a game if need be.

When you take our best team and add in and around that the likes of Ben Arfa, Gosling, LuaLua, Ferguson, a couple of good strikers and Nzog into left back if Enrique goes.......Awesome.

That's beyond optimism and a completely ridiculous statement.

Not really. Had we possessed two decent strikers this season and kept Ben Arfa fit I think we can all agree we would have been a lot higher up the table. And we know that we can take points of the top 6 teams.

Ofcourse its mostly down to opinion, but I think IF we add strikers (which looks likely), then we will be in a much stronger position than this year.

---Krul---

Van der Wiel---Taylor---Coloccini---Enrique

Barton---Nolan---Tiote---Jonas---

---Ben Arfa---

---Huntelaar---

Harper, Simpson, Williamson, Ferguson, Jarvis, Wickham and Shola

I'd come in my pants if that was out squad for the 1st day of next season.

We will be on fire next season without any shadow of a doubt. :D

Not really. Had we possessed two decent strikers this season and kept Ben Arfa fit I think we can all agree we would have been a lot higher up the table. And we know that we can take points of the top 6 teams.

Ofcourse its mostly down to opinion, but I think IF we add strikers (which looks likely), then we will be in a much stronger position than this year.

Absolutely 100%

I dont see how anyone can think otherwise tbh.

And no tecato...im not winding anyone up. Its my opinion and i believe in it. :lol:

You two have O.D'd on the happy pills.

Why would N'Zogbia suddenly decide he wants to be a leftback?

Why would Matt 'just had an England call-up' Jarvis want to sit on our bench? (esp. if Wolves stay up).

Do you not think other English clubs would blow us out of the water on fee & wages if & when a bidding war for Wickham breaks out?

Huntelaar :lol:

When you take our best team and add in and around that the likes of Ben Arfa, Gosling, LuaLua, Ferguson, a couple of good strikers and Nzog into left back if Enrique goes.......Awesome.

Why are you pinning your hopes on players you've hardly seen play?

Seriously, why?

---Krul---

---Ben Arfa---

---Huntelaar---

Where on earth have any Van Der Wiel/Huntelaar rumours ever come from? :lol:... VDW is top class but has Champs League football and Huntelaar... why would he come here!

---Krul---

---Ben Arfa---

---Huntelaar---

:lol:

Why are you pinning your hopes on players you've hardly seen play?

Seriously, why?

Because all of those players have the potential to be very exciting for us next season.

What are you pinning your hopes on or do you not have any?

Seriously :lol:

---Krul---

---Ben Arfa---

---Huntelaar---

Where on earth have any Van Der Wiel/Huntelaar rumours ever come from? :lol:... VDW is top class but has Champs League football and Huntelaar... why would he come here!

I dont for one second think we'd get both of them but that is the level of players we should be aiming at. Ambition.

No CT it's all down to your opinion, not mostly. Hence my comment that your statement is completely ridiculous. Given the fact this season hasn't yet ended let alone us know what the summer will yield and lose you can't possibly say we'll be on fire withouth any shadow of a doubt.

Ofcourse its mostly down to opinion

Absolutely 100%

First sensible thing you two idiots have posted tbh.

No CT it's all down to your opinion, not mostly. Hence my comment that your statement is completely ridiculous. Given the fact this season hasn't yet ended let alone us know what the summer will yield and lose you can't possibly say we'll be on fire withouth any shadow of a doubt.

But even a complete mongoloid could see that with Ben Arfa fit and two decent strikers this season would of been even better!

I can and I did. :lol:

Ofcourse its mostly down to opinion

Absolutely 100%

First sensible thing you two idiots have posted tbh.

Sensible is boring.

I don't know about hopes, but what I expect is for our two or three best players to be picked off every season and replaced by cheaper & inferior players, plus the occasional gem to be unearthed until the current ownership sells up / gets us relegated again. I have zero faith in their ambition to push on.

But even a complete mongoloid could see that with Ben Arfa fit and two decent strikers this season would of been even better!

We had a more than decent striker up until January and cashed in on him. Get used to it.

I don't know about hopes, but what I expect is for our two or three best players to be picked off every season and replaced by cheaper & inferior players, plus the occasional gem to be unearthed until the current ownership sells up / gets us relegated again. I have zero faith in their ambition to push on.

Surely buying Tiote and Ben Arfa was pushing on?

Surely filling the squad with exciting prospects is pushing on?

Surely replacing Ameobi and Best will be pushing on?

And yes we lost Carroll, but virtually everyone agreed that was a deal that was too good to turn down. (Couldnt hit a barn door today btw) :D