Smoking outdoors banned

Happy Face

'Cuzz, like, the people are, like, against it and, like, and stuff.

Always good to have an articulate counterargument. ;)

The complaining councillor at the end is obviously petrified that pies will be next.

When you're someone who's flirted with tabs for half your life, and can easy fall back in to that trap, it's not good seeing people smoking. Especially when you go in to a pub, and you can smell it people smoking at the door, you want one.

Guest alex
City officials say the ban is designed to curb people's exposure to second hand smoke

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-13538166

The 24 hour gridlocked traffic is fine though ;)

I'd ban it everywhere in Britain like other than ya own hoose.

Don't you think that might have a more detrimental effect on the kids of smokers etc. than the current situation? This is an absolute joke imo.

I can just about see the litter argument, but just charge people for littering. Stopping people smoking in the open air to prevent second hand smoke is a canny bullshit argument. And I'm a fan of the ban on smoking in pubs and restaurants.

Guest alex
When you're someone who's flirted with tabs for half your life, and can easy fall back in to that trap, it's not good seeing people smoking. Especially when you go in to a pub, and you can smell it people smoking at the door, you want one.

Should just ban pubs because some people are recovering alcoholics then. Same logic ;)

City officials say the ban is designed to curb people's exposure to second hand smoke

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-13538166

The 24 hour gridlocked traffic is fine though ;)

I'd ban it everywhere in Britain like other than ya own hoose.

Don't you think that might have a more detrimental effect on the kids of smokers etc. than the current situation? This is an absolute joke imo.

Good point to be fair. Perhaps they could implement a garage smoking rule.

I can just about see the litter argument, but just charge people for littering. Stopping people smoking in the open air to prevent second hand smoke is a canny bullshit argument. And I'm a fan of the ban on smoking in pubs and restaurants.

I know what a Die Hard fetishist you are. You know what fucked me off about Die Hard. You know the one where the kraut crashes all the planes, number two is it? The story line in the film is they crash a British Airways plane, why didn't they let that one land safely the yank cunts, but even worse everyone on the plane had yellow teeth and was smoking, was almost racism how we were portrayed, but thinking back to when I was a kid, it's amazing that you were ever allowed to smoke on planes, or even in pubs it just seems amazin now, and it's only been what 7 or 8 years.

Guest alex

I know what a Die Hard fetishist you are. You know what fucked me off about Die Hard. You know the one where the kraut crashes all the planes, number two is it? The story line in the film is they crash a British Airways plane, why didn't they let that one land safely the yank cunts, but even worse everyone on the plane had yellow teeth and was smoking, was almost racism how we were portrayed, but thinking back to when I was a kid, it's amazing that you were ever allowed to smoke on planes, or even in pubs it just seems amazin now, and it's only been what 7 or 8 years.

The smoking ban only came in about 4 years ago didn't it? In pubs, that is. Only goes to highlight your point like, i.e. it's hard to imagine what it was like beforehand. It also makes me wonder about how old the fucker is if there are ashtrays on the arms of the seat when you're flying.

The smoking ban only came in about 4 years ago didn't it? In pubs, that is. Only goes to highlight your point like, i.e. it's hard to imagine what it was like beforehand. It also makes me wonder about how old the fucker is if there are ashtrays on the arms of the seat when you're flying.

;) aye. Am I right in thinking you could smoke at the pictures, gaps in my memory are mental. Seems longer. Aye you're right. July 2007. Seems a lot longer.

My main reason I gave up in 2005 was how it makes you look and general health, I chucked it again this March so pleased I did. It's not nice kissing a smoker too. We've all been younguns in toon pissed and run out of tabs, so pissed you feel no shame in asking someone for a cigarette. Well you always knew who to ask because especially the ones slightly older, cos it's written all over their face that they're a smoker. Me sister reads all this Cosmopolitan bollocks and those daft upper class supplements and what not, she was saying to me smoking is like wiping shite on your face.

Guest alex

;) aye. Am I right in thinking you could smoke at the pictures, gaps in my memory are mental. Seems longer. Aye you're right. July 2007. Seems a lot longer.

My main reason I gave up in 2005 was how it makes you look and general health, I chucked it again this March so pleased I did. It's not nice kissing a smoker too. We've all been younguns in toon pissed and run out of tabs, so pissed you feel no shame in asking someone for a cigarette. Well you always knew who to ask because especially the ones slightly older, cos it's written all over their face that they're a smoker. Me sister reads all this Cosmopolitan bollocks and those daft upper class supplements and what not, she was saying to me smoking is like wiping shite on your face.

Upstairs on the bus man. ;) It used to stink.

So pleased wor lass has given up as well, just because it's so bad for you long term. And aye, you could smoke at the flicks but I can only remember it being certain screens where you could smoke.

Upstairs on the bus man. ;) It used to stink.

So pleased wor lass has given up as well, just because it's so bad for you long term. And aye, you could smoke at the flicks but I can only remember it being certain screens where you could smoke.

I had smokers all around me in the Leazes before I started smoking, was aaaaaful. Chain smokers. Am pretty sure I had a tab now in 2005/06 at the match, think it was banned at the start of the next season.

Guest alex
I had smokers all around me in the Leazes before I started smoking, was aaaaaful. Chain smokers. Am pretty sure I had a tab now in 2005/06 at the match, think it was banned at the start of the next season.

It was banned in the seats at the ground before it was banned in public buildings. Shepherd again showing what a visionary he was tbh.

It was banned in the seats at the ground before it was banned in public buildings. Shepherd again showing what a visionary he was tbh.

;)

One thing I would say though to people, I'm all for the bannings, but if you've never smoked regularly, you don't understand the pleasure you can get out of a tab. That first tab when you're on the drink.

I got hoyed out and my season ticket took off me for smoking in the Leazes stairwell.

Had to go up the stadium geet sheepish during the week to get it back.

I got hoyed out and my season ticket took off me for smoking in the Leazes stairwell.

Had to go up the stadium geet sheepish during the week to get it back.

Got caught a few times mesel earlier this season, but I always put the charm on and they pipe down.

One thing I would say though to people, I'm all for the bannings, but if you've never smoked regularly, you don't understand the pleasure you can get out of a tab. That first tab when you're on the drink.

......or the first one of the day with a cup of coffee.

Aw I miss the cigs, I still love the smell of a ciggy. (not the smell of stale smoke on clothes or breath though)!

for me it was the cigarette and coffee in the morning.....ahhhh.

oooops....see TR knows what i'm talking about.

Edited by tooner

Shite and a spliff for me.

ahhhh the spliff, indeed although the ratio is key, i like the tobacco as an accent not the meat of the spliff

certain people over here just don't understand the spliff, they say it's sacreligious to sulley the weed with tobacco.

Edited by tooner