Newcastle insist on cash deal for Faye

Scottish Mag

The chairman of Newcastle, Freddy Shepherd, has told his Portsmouth counterpart, Milan Mandaric, to put up the money if he wants to re-sign the Senegal international midfielder Amdy Faye.

It has been suggested that the new Pompey manager, Harry Redknapp, has put Faye close to the top of his shopping list as he attempts to rebuild for a Premiership survival campaign in January.

However, talk of a loan deal has been scotched by Shepherd, who insisted he would only consider a cash offer for a player who arrived on Tyneside from Fratton Park in January.

"If Portsmouth - or anyone else for that matter - want any of our players in January, then they will have to put their money on the table," he said.

The 28-year-old's chances of regular first-team football for Newcastle appear slim with summer signings Scott Parker and Emre Belozoglu likely to forge a regular central midfield partnership once the Turkish international returns from injury.

Faye will link up with Senegal for the African Cup of Nations next month and will be missing for several weeks. But with speculation mounting that Lee Bowyer could move from Tyneside during the transfer window, the club may be reluctant to offload too many players.

Nicky Butt, Laurent Robert, Hugo Viana and James Milner are all out on loan for the season and the Magpies are unlikely to want another of their players away from the club on a temporary basis.

definitely both. Milner seems to be coming on well with Villa and I dont think he would have offered less than Solano (no criticism of Solano). We could have done with Vianna as an understudy to Emre this season already. He's no less physical than him and he would certainly give us something we're lacking. All this on the assumption that we'd have a manager who would get the best out of them and the fact that they'd want to come back too.

definitely both. Milner seems to be coming on well with Villa and I dont think he would have offered less than Solano (no criticism of Solano). We could have done with Vianna as an understudy to Emre this season already. He's no less physical than him and he would certainly give us something we're lacking. All this on the assumption that we'd have a manager who would get the best out of them and the fact that they'd want to come back too.

68189[/snapback]

I think Emre is more physical, has quicker feet and needs less time on the ball, way more suited to the Premiership. Having said that I don't think Viana was given a fair chance with Newcastle. Anyone know how he's getting on this season?

Who've you been talking to like? Skol's mam?  ;)

68301[/snapback]

:icon_lol: Nothing so prestigious, it was in a couple of the papers over the summer, I think.

68189[/snapback]

I think Emre is more physical, has quicker feet and needs less time on the ball, way more suited to the Premiership. Having said that I don't think Viana was given a fair chance with Newcastle. Anyone know how he's getting on this season?

68302[/snapback]

Il never forgive him for that ridiculous attempt at a header that lost us the game against marseille.

68189[/snapback]

68302[/snapback]

Il never forgive him for that ridiculous attempt at a header that lost us the game against marseille.

68506[/snapback]

I thought Hughes was to blame for the Marseille result, with his hilarious attempt at thinking about a tackle on Drogba....

'Shall I, no, maybe, maybe now, no, too late, what about now, yes now, NOW, no missed it, wha......fuckit, he scored. Why me, why me.....?'

I thought Hughes was to blame for the Marseille result, with his hilarious attempt at thinking about a tackle on Drogba....                   

'Shall I, no, maybe, maybe now, no, too late, what about now, yes now, NOW, no missed it, wha......fuckit, he scored. Why me, why me.....?'

68746[/snapback]

You can't be slagging Hughes like, it's like saying God doesn't exist in the middle of mass. Get your tin hat, you can't bad mouth the Greatest Centre Half in the World™. :lol:

68746[/snapback]

You can't be slagging Hughes like, it's like saying God doesn't exist in the middle of mass. Get your tin hat, you can't bad mouth the Greatest Centre Half in the World™. :lol:

68804[/snapback]

I think calling him a centre-half is an insult, he can play anywhere. FACT!

68746[/snapback]

You can't be slagging Hughes like, it's like saying God doesn't exist in the middle of mass. Get your tin hat, you can't bad mouth the Greatest Centre Half in the World™. :huh:

68804[/snapback]

I think calling him a centre-half is an insult, he can play anywhere. FACT!

68806[/snapback]

:lol:

Sorry, I'm off to the Hughes Shrine forthwith where I'll go to confession and say 4 Hail Aarons.