Neil Taylor Transfer Saga & Other Adventures...

@yourservice

I think Newcastle and Everton's relative outlay for wages is going to be very very close.

Everton are skint and Ashley is running a very tight ship.

Yeah our wage limit is about £50k a week for a key 1st team player. Arteta is on £70k a week but that looks like it was a mistake after being crap for most of last season. The rest are on about £50k - £55k or less.

We too are looking to reduce costs though, and with Piennar off the books now, and Yak & Yobo looking likely to be shipped out we clearly can't afford to have so many players on such large contracts... I agree with that though tbh, but I can't understand Ashley's stance with some of your more established key players.

We seem to be shipping out the deadwood (bar piennar who wanted to leave), whereas Ashley's approach seems to be to get rid of key players and bring in relative unknowns. Seems a risky strategy to me?

So your best player is on £20,000 a week more than our best player, who would be your best player if he played for you. No one signed in the last 3 years at Newcastle is on more than 50k a week, I'd be astonished if Ba's basic is more than 40k for instance. Our wage bill will be less than yours without a doubt, yet our turnover this year will easily be £20m more there's the difference.

Our last reported wage bill was £50m, Nolan has left since, and Smith on the way, which probably covers the three new buys plus another possibly. You last reported wage bill is £54.3m. So despite having a significantly smaller income, infrastructure and everything else that goes with it, you are stretching yourself wage wise more than we are, and clearly pay the extra dollar to get players in to the club, which highlights the irony of your massive histrionics regarding the Ba salary the other day. Argument over - no come back.

Are u still banging on about this? I thought we'd moved on... That must be a tasty bone eh? Grrr!

I'll indulge you one last time though just for shits n giggles.

If you knew what you were talking about you'd realise that the players on large contracts are ones that have been at the club for many years I.e Arteta, Cahill, Baines, Jagielka, Howard, Neville etc, and have been rewarded for their loyalty and dedication to the club. It's how you build a good team that constantly finishes in the top 6 or 7 of the league.

We don't pay big wages to new signings, but dont let that get in your way of a good rant eh?!

So it was a complete fabrication that Andy van der Meyde was on 55k a week. It's the only way you could've got him at the time, and he turned out to be a true Everton player didn't he? In the Gareth Farrelly mould.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Newcastle and Everton's relative outlay for wages is going to be very very close.

Yeah our wage limit is about £50k a week for a key 1st team player. Arteta is on £70k a week but that looks like it was a mistake after being crap for most of last season. The rest are on about £50k - £55k or less.

We too are looking to reduce costs though, and with Piennar off the books now, and Yak & Yobo looking likely to be shipped out we clearly can't afford to have so many players on such large contracts... I agree with that though tbh, but I can't understand Ashley's stance with some of your more established key players.

We seem to be shipping out the deadwood (bar piennar who wanted to leave), whereas Ashley's approach seems to be to get rid of key players and bring in relative unknowns. Seems a risky strategy to me?

So your best player is on £20,000 a week more than our best player, who would be your best player if he played for you. No one signed in the last 3 years at Newcastle is on more than 50k a week, I'd be astonished if Ba's basic is more than 40k for instance. Our wage bill will be less than yours without a doubt, yet our turnover this year will easily be £20m more there's the difference.

Our last reported wage bill was £50m, Nolan has left since, and Smith on the way, which probably covers the three new buys plus another possibly. You last reported wage bill is £54.3m. So despite having a significantly smaller income, infrastructure and everything else that goes with it, you are stretching yourself wage wise more than we are, and clearly pay the extra dollar to get players in to the club, which highlights the irony of your massive histrionics regarding the Ba salary the other day. Argument over - no come back.

Are u still banging on about this? I thought we'd moved on... That must be a tasty bone eh? Grrr!

If you knew what you were talking about you'd realise that the players on large contracts are ones that have been at the club for many years I.e Arteta, Cahill, Baines, Jagielka, Howard, Neville etc, and have been rewarded for their loyalty and dedication to the club. It's how you build a good team that constantly finishes in the top 6 or 7 of the league.

We don't pay big wages to new signings, but dont let that get in your way of a good rant eh?!

So it was a complete fabrication that Andy van der Meyde was on 55k a week. It's the only way you could've got him at the time, and he turned out to be a true Everton player didn't he? In the Gareth Farrelly mould.

Erm yes a complete and utter fabrication... quite possibly just plucked from thin air by you there i'd imagine?

Also you really want to talk about unsuccessful transfers? Really?! HAHAHAH yeah please go there as that would be an interesting and VERY one sided argument :icon_lol::icon_lol:B)

That's quite enough of that.

Erm yes a complete and utter fabrication... quite possibly just plucked from thin air by you there i'd imagine?

Also you really want to talk about unsuccessful transfers? Really?! HAHAHAH yeah please go there as that would be an interesting and VERY one sided argument :icon_lol::icon_lol:B)

I'm not even on about shit transfers I'm on about your wage bill.

"he turned out to be a true Everton player didn't he" would suggest you were talking about shit transfers would it not?

And the example you used about our wage bill was wrong.

You're starting to bore me now, please run along and play with some other children

"he turned out to be a true Everton player didn't he" would suggest you were talking about shit transfers would it not?

You're starting to bore me now, please run along and play with some other children

You bore me with every post you're like a scouse computer program with some type of virus man. Everything you say is predictable and when challenged you have no come back ya daft cunt.

My main points were and are for clarification:

• Everton fans are wanks
  • You're a scabby club full of shellsuit wearing arrogant tramps
  • Every time we sign a player who you want you think it's because we offer them more wages
  • Mike Ashley wouldn't offer Messi 70k a week you stupidest of cunts
  • Your wagebill is HIGHER than ours, while having a significantly lower turnover
  • Pipe down

Also you really want to talk about unsuccessful transfers? Really?! HAHAHAH yeah please go there as that would be an interesting and VERY one sided argument :lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

You bore me with every post you're like a scouse computer program with some type of virus man. Everything you say is predictable and when challenged you have no come back ya daft cunt.

My main points were and are for clarification:

• Everton fans are wanks
  • You're a scabby club full of shellsuit wearing arrogant tramps
  • Every time we sign a player who you want you think it's because we offer them more wages
  • Mike Ashley wouldn't offer Messi 70k a week you stupidest of cunts
  • Your wagebill is HIGHER than ours, while having a significantly lower turnover
  • Pipe down

Oooh scary!

So what is your point exactly? you dont like Everton? Whoopty fucking do! You keep banging that drum if it gives you pleasure though.

You're aaful at this andy, get back to the photography section. :lol:

Haha its a bit dead in there these days, so thought i'd pop in here for a bit of crack :icon_lol:

See you were expecting £6m for Yobo, but they'll not pay more than £2m. I can't think who would actually want to sign for such a skint club. I'd sack Fellaini personally if you could get what you paid, at least you'd have £15m to play with then, then maybe have a look round the CCC. Someone like Peter Whittingham or Snodgrass could do a good job for Everton, and maybe Bothroyd/Shane Long etc..

Haha its a bit dead in there these days, so thought i'd pop in here for a bit of crack :icon_lol:

See you were expecting £6m for Yobo, but they'll not pay more than £2m. I can't think who would actually want to sign for such a skint club. I'd sack Fellaini personally if you could get what you paid, at least you'd have £15m to play with then, then maybe have a look round the CCC. Someone like Peter Whittingham or Snodgrass could do a good job for Everton, and maybe Bothroyd/Shane Long etc..

Don't say that man. We'll sign the last two now. :icon_lol:

I think Long is a canny player as it happens. Not sure about in the PL though.

Don't say that man. We'll sign the last two now. :icon_lol:

I think Long is a canny player as it happens. Not sure about in the PL though.

I tell you what though Long has looked a better player at 23 than Sewpa Kev and Marcus Stewart did at 27, both of whom were top Premiership scorers. Sewpa Kev in 2000, was nothing short of phenomenal. I reckon at the right club early doors he could've been a top England player. I worked in Sunderland about 2001 time and got a free ticket for their opening game of the season in our box against Ipswich right, I know I know well I went hoping they'd lose of course, but I watched Sewpa Kev warming up, and he hit 10 shots from 20 yards every one right in the top corner. It was Lilian Laslandes debut he came with a big reputation he missed the goal every time with red seats taking a pounding, Sewpa Kev was fucking absolutely class, that's my point, and I reckon having a gamble of promising strikers outside the top flight is worth taking.

What has us wanting £6m for Yobo (which is the fee agreed in the loan agreement) got to do with anyone wanting to sign or not sign for us?

Fellaini may be sold, depends on if we can afford to offer him a big contract or not. Personally I'd sell him now and use the money to fund players coming in. Someone has to go if we want to sign anyone for an actual transfer fee. Rodwell had been expected to be the one to get the chop, but due to a poor season and Man U signing Jones I think its unlikely anyone will offer a decent enough wedge for us to be tempted to sell him now...Wow see its possible to have a nice conversation isn't it?

I dont have a problem with signing players from the lower leagues, Cahill, Lescott, Jagielka (ok techincally a PL player, but relegated after just one season) have all been big sucesses. Beckford scored double figures despite being a donkey so even he was a fairly sucessful signing. Coleman won young player of the year and was bought for £60k from Sligo Rangers.

Moyes has an eye for a good prospect and a shrewd transfer, and unlike you I wouldn't turn my nose up at a player just because he doesn't have a fancy french name and no-one's ever heard of him before.

As Alex said Long is actually pretty highly rated, although for the money i'm not sure i'd want to take that much of a risk on him, but if Moyes thought he was good enough then that would do for me.

You're aaful at this andy, get back to the photography section. :icon_lol:

What has us wanting £6m for Yobo (which is the fee agreed in the loan agreement) got to do with anyone wanting to sign or not sign for us?

Fellaini may be sold, depends on if we can afford to offer him a big contract or not. Personally I'd sell him now and use the money to fund players coming in. Someone has to go if we want to sign anyone for an actual transfer fee. Rodwell had been expected to be the one to get the chop, but due to a poor season and Man U signing Jones I think its unlikely anyone will offer a decent enough wedge for us to be tempted to sell him now...Wow see its possible to have a nice conversation isn't it?

I dont have a problem with signing players from the lower leagues, Cahill, Lescott, Jagielka (ok techincally a PL player, but relegated after just one season) have all been big sucesses. Beckford scored double figures despite being a donkey so even he was a fairly sucessful signing. Coleman won young player of the year and was bought for £60k from Sligo Rangers.

Moyes has an eye for a good prospect and a shrewd transfer, and unlike you I wouldn't turn my nose up at a player just because he doesn't have a fancy french name and no-one's ever heard of him before.

As Alex said Long is actually pretty highly rated, although for the money i'm not sure i'd want to take that much of a risk on him, but if Moyes thought he was good enough then that would do for me.

:lol: Because you don't have any money. Carlos Kickaball comes in "OK 50K I sign for Leeverpoo I mean Evatonnn, tell me who else we sign?" Regardless how many mercenaries there are players will want to know what the plans are, and you can't really invest till you sell. Obvious what my point was tbh.

Nice conversation, I find it hard to have a nice conversation with someone from a less club who has done nothing but patronise my club for two years. Was looking at the predictions thread the other day "Newcastle I'd be amazed if you came 17th" haha we were above you for 3/4's of the season as well.

and unlike you I wouldn't turn my nose up at a player just because he doesn't have a fancy french name and no-one's ever heard of him before

Read above that post, it contradicts what you've just written, about Sewpa Kev/Stewart etc...

FWIW I think Everton's best signing of the last 10 years is Jagielka I really do, and you were the only ones willing to take a gamble.

Stick to taking photo's of parks mate eh?

Haha its a bit dead in there these days, so thought i'd pop in here for a bit of crack B)

:lol: Because you don't have any money. Carlos Kickaball comes in "OK 50K I sign for Leeverpoo I mean Evatonnn, tell me who else we sign?" Regardless how many mercenaries there are players will want to know what the plans are, and you can't really invest till you sell. Obvious what my point was tbh.

Nice conversation, I find it hard to have a nice conversation with someone from a less club who has done nothing but patronise my club for two years. Was looking at the predictions thread the other day "Newcastle I'd be amazed if you came 17th" haha we were above you for 3/4's of the season as well.

You might need to be a bit clearer in future as to what your point is.

Yeah some players would want to know who you are signing, others would look at the excellet group of players already there, the stability in a club, and the regular high finishes, a manager who will develop them and not be sacked after just 6 months to be replaced by yet another nomark who may or may not play them.

There's a million reasons why a player would sign for a club, I dont think you can generalise and say no-one decent would want to sign for us because we dont have millions to throw at it.

Have I done nothing but patronise your club for 2 years? You have a long memory seeing as I hardly post in here, and only ever really post in the photography section, and even thats not that common an occurance. You must really hate Evertonians (or just me) to be storing up all this aggression?

Yeah you were above us for a long time, we finished comfortably above you in the end though and I took £40 off 2 of your lot after successfully predicting they had unrealistic expectations as per usual.

I'm pretty sure I stated that any team who's just been promoted should be happy with 17th as it means securing PL status and allows a club to build from there. I would say the same about every club thats just been promoted. yet some on here thought top 6 was possible :icon_lol: , and no doubt will think next season it is.

You might take that personally, infact it seems you have. Doesnt bother me that much though tbh, I dont think there's anything wrong in stating a newly promoted team should be happy with 17th.

and unlike you I wouldn't turn my nose up at a player just because he doesn't have a fancy french name and no-one's ever heard of him before

Read above that post, it contradicts what you've just written, about Sewpa Kev/Stewart etc...

FWIW I think Everton's best signing of the last 10 years is Jagielka I really do, and you were the only ones willing to take a gamble.

I haven't written anything about "sewpa kev / stewart etc"

I dont take photo's of parks but thanks for the suggestion

No but I did, oblierating your point about me turning my nose up at people who don't have fancy French names.

No but I did, oblierating your point about me turning my nose up at people who don't have fancy French names.

You wrote a post which was derogatory about Championship players, and then use the argument that 2 premier league golden boot winners from ages ago proves that you dont turn your nose up at Championship players?

Cool argument bro! :lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:B):icon_lol::icon_lol:

Edited by ajax_andy

Haha its a bit dead in there these days, so thought i'd pop in here for a bit of crack B)

Yeah some players would want to know who you are signing, others would look at the excellet group of players already there, the stability in a club, and the regular high finishes, a manager who will develop them and not be sacked after just 6 months to be replaced by yet another nomark who may or may not play them.

There's a million reasons why a player would sign for a club, I dont think you can generalise and say no-one decent would want to sign for us because we dont have millions to throw at it.

Have I done nothing but patronise your club for 2 years? You have a long memory seeing as I hardly post in here, and only ever really post in the photography section, and even thats not that common an occurance. You must really hate Evertonians (or just me) to be storing up all this aggression?

Yeah you were above us for a long time, we finished comfortably above you in the end though and I took £40 off 2 of your lot after successfully predicting they had unrealistic expectations as per usual.

I'm pretty sure I stated that any team who's just been promoted should be happy with 17th as it means securing PL status and allows a club to build from there. I would say the same about every club thats just been promoted. yet some on here thought top 6 was possible :icon_lol: , and no doubt will think next season it is.

You might take that personally, infact it seems you have. Doesnt bother me that much though tbh, I dont think there's anything wrong in stating a newly promoted team should be happy with 17th.

Firstly I don't hate you, why would I hate you. Patronise you arguably, but hate, I could never hate a happy clapper sky fanboy type mate, you are what you are.

See this is what lets you down, not one person on here said we'd come top 6, and this is where you lack personality it's as big a myth as we're all fat cunts with tattoo's on our bellies. Show me a post before the season started of someone saying we could come top 6, or apologise to this forum for being a "bad ted" as the dippers say.

You wrote a post which was derogatory about Championship players, and then use the argument that 2 premier league golden boot winners from ages ago proves that you dont turn your nose up at Championship players?

Cool argument bro! :lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:B):icon_lol::icon_lol:

Derogatory about Championship players??!??! What? Is saying it's worth taking a risk on CCC players look at Stewart/Sewpa Kev, a derogatory comment? Are ye breakdoon son?

Firstly I don't hate you, why would I hate you. Patronise you arguably, but hate, I could never hate a happy clapper sky fanboy type mate, you are what you are.

See this is what lets you down, not one person on here said we'd come top 6, and this is where you lack personality it's as big a myth as we're all fat cunts with tattoo's on our bellies. Show me a post before the season started of someone saying we could come top 6, or apologise to this forum for being a "bad ted" as the dippers say.

As if I dont have better things to do with my time then search through hundreds of pages just to prove something to you?

Anyway a lot of you said you'd finish above us, we came 7th, so therefore that means you'd of had to come 6th... there you go that saved me some time.

I'm glad you dont hate me, or my club, or my fellow supporters... maybe we could all get along in a lovely footballing eutopia one day!

"Someone like Peter Whittingham or Snodgrass could do a good job for Everton, and maybe Bothroyd/Shane Long etc.."

Advising we sell Fellaini and that the above players could "do a good job for Everton", would suggest that you were having a dig at Championship players not being very good, but thats the level of Everton... i.e not very good

Its not just me who picked up on that, as Alex also defended Long in his post... maybe you weren't saying that, but as 2 of us picked up on it you can see why I thought that?

As if I dont have better things to do with my time then search through hundreds of pages just to prove something to you?

Anyway a lot of you said you'd finish above us, we came 7th, so therefore that means you'd of had to come 6th... there you go that saved me some time.

I'm glad you dont hate me, or my club, or my fellow supporters... maybe we could all get along in a lovely footballing eutopia one day!

Why are you telling lies? Explain to this forum why you are telling lies. Not one person at the start of the season said we'd finish 6th. Not one person said we'd finish above Everton, explain what thought process compels you to tell lies about that, what do you have to gain from it?

It's went from we said we'd come 6th, to some random person who doesn't exist saying we'd come above you, therefore because you come 7th, half the forum claimed we'd come 6th. Are you mentally stable mate?

"Someone like Peter Whittingham or Snodgrass could do a good job for Everton, and maybe Bothroyd/Shane Long etc.."

Advising we sell Fellaini and that the above players could "do a good job for Everton", would suggest that you were having a dig at Championship players not being very good, but thats the level of Everton... i.e not very good

Its not just me who picked up on that, as Alex also defended Long in his post... maybe you weren't saying that, but as 2 of us picked up on it you can see why I thought that?

Where did I suggest that? Where did I suggest any level of Everton, I went on to say Sewpa Kev was the best marksman in the league for a short while, a player signed for 250k from Watford. Alex didn't really defend Long he thought he was decent but questioned whether he could do it in the Premiership.