How To Buy A Football Club

LoveTheBobby

Corrupt millionaires in being corrupt shocker. Only Robson comes out this looking stupid IMO. The show didn't really reveal anything life changing.

I don't purport to understand a lot of financial goings on generally, nevermind football-wise but like to question things . In this prog it really raises so many questions (not least events at our place) but my initial reaction is that is I'm gobsmakked at what I've just seen - especially with the faces involved .

Given what's going on in the political, media and police shocker at the moment , my lack of knowledge on the subject or whatever - this was still pretty sensational stuff that gets you thinking to say the least !?

Corrupt millionaires in being corrupt shocker. Only Robson comes out this looking stupid IMO. The show didn't really reveal anything life changing.

y missed your 'tell me something i don't know , meh - i'm having a cuppa' icon off so here it is :lol:

:D

Well it's not going to bring a sudden change in the people at the FA who were so feckless they permitted this flagrant flaunting of the principles set out by the FA, now is it?

It's not going to stop those unscrupulous folk buying up clubs with nothing but bad intentions.

Aye I agree it won't necessarily bring change, but the multi-club schwizzle and the ACTUAL owner - vs - who is the public face of a club issues it raised were eye-opening for starters though ?

Either way - it was a good program for a Monday night :lol:

Decent program, but I don't feel any great surprise. Of course Shinawatra is dodgy as fuck, of course the millions pouring into the game have opened it up to abuse. Like I said, it's only really Robson that's come out of this looking stupid. Everybody else will hide behind the veil of plausible deniability.

I didn't really watch a lot of this but what was the deal with Ferguson? Basically he would loan players out to people he was mates with? Is that frowned upon? Surely they will still get game time which is the point?

It's hard to find the real owners. Investments and the law can makenthings possible to track. You can track down owner after owner after owner all around the world and still not know who is the proper owner. Even Newcastle United isnt directly owned by Mike Ashley, instead its by St James Park holdings and somehow from there it will boil back to Ashley

It's hard to find the real owners. Investments and the law can makenthings possible to track. You can track down owner after owner after owner all around the world and still not know who is the proper owner. Even Newcastle United isnt directly owned by Mike Ashley, instead its by St James Park holdings and somehow from there it will boil back to Ashley

This is it. If Southapton is registered as being owned by a deceased person anything's possible.

Who 'fronts' a club and who actually owns it aren't necessarily the same thing .