UtdForNewcastle

Craig

Guest Your Name Here
Copy and paste job from the previous meeting?

Yes, that was from our first meeting. For those who hadn't seen it before.

Why wasn’t UFC formed earlier and what do they offer that NUST doesn’t?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- The club has guaranteed us they will, at very least, look into relocating the singing section in another part of the stadium, likely Leazes but they'll look at the entire situation.

That meeting was on the 18th February, well over a month ago. How long does it take to review the situation? no time at all. They know whats required for a singing section, they know the legal implications, the safety aspects and where the potential places for it are. Therefore a proper "look into the situation" would have entailed a meeting of the decision makers and a yay or nay from there.

This is, sadly where UtdForNewcastle have fallen down, the meeting the other day should have been on their terms, they needed to be more aggresive in the method. I dont mean offering him outside but making it clear that the club have had time to review it and should be in a position to give an answer.

Guest Your Name Here

Would it be fair to say UFC are a one issue pressure group who only represent the interests of the small minority of NUFC supporters who have seats in the soon to be no more singing section?

So you dont support the idea of a Supporters Association then?

A single "voice of the fans" will never work, thats been proven on more than one occasion, especially if that voice starts from protest (as perfectly proven by NUSC).

The only way forward is for a collective of groups/ fanzines/ websites etc which never looks to take forward one particular "political agenda" but has enough clout and contacts to agree a strategy when required and move things forward when they're needed.

The nusc showed that once many parties are involved the in fighting is too much and nothing effective whatsoever is done.

This small group have impressed me more in a couple of months than the nusc has in almost 2 years. Keep it up boys.

Edited by Happy Face

A single "voice of the fans" will never work, thats been proven on more than one occasion, especially if that voice starts from protest (as perfectly proven by NUSC).

The only way forward is for a collective of groups/ fanzines/ websites etc which never looks to take forward one particular "political agenda" but has enough clout and contacts to agree a strategy when required and move things forward when they're needed.

The nusc showed that once many parties are involved the in fighting is too much and nothing effective whatsoever is done.

This small group have impressed me more in a couple of months than the nusc has in almost 2 years. Keep it up boys.

I would disagree that totally.

NUSC worked, its problem was that the club refused to deal with them as they took offence to the early protest position, there was no in-fighting with NUSC and even when it became NUST and then imploded it wasnt down to different groups being involved.

NUSC/T did its homework, we knew that dealings with Esland were merely PR, they were done though, members of NUSC had regular meetings with him and still do they arent however classed as dealing with the club or at least not any part of the club that had clout. If you deal with Esland then you're basically dealing with a receptionist, the man who you can pass your thoughts on, he'll take them away and write them up into club speak to his boss, who may then pass it onto his and so on until finally it drops on Dekkas desk and he bins it.

Hes a nice bloke, SE but he is simply a PR man, he will give the clubs message out, he doesnt have clout or say or anything to do with the decisions made. As a result anyone can have a meeting with him, Toontastic could schedule in a meeting and discuss stuff over a coffee. It would mean fuck all though and we'd be no nearer to sorting anything out. He'd take away our concerns, tell us the club are working towards great things and put on the nice, caring face of the club. Once he gets back into his office though he might as well file the notes of the meeting straight in the bin.

I would disagree that totally.

NUSC worked, its problem was that the club refused to deal with them as they took offence to the early protest position, there was no in-fighting with NUSC and even when it became NUST and then imploded it wasnt down to different groups being involved.

NUSC/T did its homework, we knew that dealings with Esland were merely PR, they were done though, members of NUSC had regular meetings with him and still do they arent however classed as dealing with the club or at least not any part of the club that had clout. If you deal with Esland then you're basically dealing with a receptionist, the man who you can pass your thoughts on, he'll take them away and write them up into club speak to his boss, who may then pass it onto his and so on until finally it drops on Dekkas desk and he bins it.

Hes a nice bloke, SE but he is simply a PR man, he will give the clubs message out, he doesnt have clout or say or anything to do with the decisions made. As a result anyone can have a meeting with him, Toontastic could schedule in a meeting and discuss stuff over a coffee. It would mean fuck all though and we'd be no nearer to sorting anything out. He'd take away our concerns, tell us the club are working towards great things and put on the nice, caring face of the club. Once he gets back into his office though he might as well file the notes of the meeting straight in the bin.

So it's just another communication breakdown from NUST then?

I had no idea they were talking to anyone at the club at any point after that meeting with Llambias they gatecrashed. I see what you say about him being just a PR man....but I don't see that as a problem at all....when Hugh Fernley gets someone from Tesco to talk about their tuna fishing, it's not David Reid or Philip Clarke...it''s a PR spinner who bumbles some platitudes then feeds it up to the bigwigs.

If I'd known there was any dialogue whatsoever between the club and NUST, and if I'd seen an outline of those discussions regularly, or if they'd said or done ANYTHING about the enforced seat move rather than waiting for a facebook group to start a petition they could support, then I might have considered renewing.

If the NUST do have these meetings is it just so they can be ITK with their mates in the pub or have I missed the write-ups?

And if there's no infighting between the current/recent committee team, then a lot of posts in the NUST thread are misleading. And it's not just that thread giving the impression. The lad i went to my first NUST meeting with said on Saturday it seems like the Judean peoples front.

Guest Your Name Here

Time will tell but I’m sure NUST will be around long after UFN’s moment in the limelight has passed.

Would it be fair to say UFC are a one issue pressure group who only represent the interests of the small minority of NUFC supporters who have seats in the soon to be no more singing section?

This is by no means a single issue pressure group, this is something that we think somebody should be doing something about and have taken it upon ourselves to do so. Our primary goal is to improve communication between the club and the supporters.

• 3 months later...

If this bunch really want to make some progress and do something that could be affective, why don't they just put together a information portfolio with photos and whatever and show the passion of the club, the fans and the pride it has present it to wealthy people like anil ambani and so on through there companies and see if it would get us anywhere.

Also have the portfolio explain exactly what we have had to put up with in the past aswell. I no it would be a shot in the dark, but surely it's better than doing a protest with those who spell words wrong on their spunky bed sheets.