how come

peasepud

I think the only bonfires allowed now are those arranged by the council which have been through months of health and safety planning. Unfortunately no-one told the little shits that nicked my wheelie bin when I lived in Manchester and put it on their very own bonnie in the field opposite my house.

every year we used to build a massive bonfire on the stretch of land going between Broadwood Rd and the West Road (what is now the A1). Ours was always at the bottom end while another group of kids would build one at the top. Every year both would be bigger than the last, there'd also be numerous ones in lemington, Dumpling Hall and West Denton which we'd often neb at or nick bits from.

It became a community thing and you'd lean new skills equipping you for adulthood. Many a structural engineer started out building bonnas.

Guest CabayeAye

When I was a bairn, we'd have bonnys every year on the field out the back of my parents house. Loads of people collected and built and there was never any trouble, even though you wouldn't know half the people there. We'd bury potatoes wrapped in tin foil in there too so we could eat them when the fire cooled down a bit.

These days, it just seems that kids want to be cunts and smash peoples' stuff up rather than have a good time.