Tiote or Hamann?

Baggio

Better NUFC player  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Nah, there's definitely a blatant disregard for any team building and the progression that comes with that that you don't find in the club's we're hoping to compete with. You compare us to Spurs when it suits your argument but they told Chelsea to fuck off when they offered silly money for Modric for example.

There is no real evidence (as yet) of a blatant disregard for "team building".

:lol:

Brb selling our star player and not getting a replacement in the 7 month period they had

Brb not signing a back-up CB when one of our 1st choice CB has been injured longer than hes been fit for the past few year

Brb only signing replacements and not a few more players to bulk up what little squad we had

If thats not disregarding team building, i dont know what is tbh

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, there's definitely a blatant disregard for any team building and the progression that comes with that that you don't find in the club's we're hoping to compete with. You compare us to Spurs when it suits your argument but they told Chelsea to fuck off when they offered silly money for Modric for example.

Brb selling our star player and not getting a replacement in the 7 month period they had

Brb not signing a back-up CB when one of our 1st choice CB has been injured longer than hes been fit for the past few year

Brb only signing replacements and not a few more players to bulk up what little squad we had

1, I assume you mean carroll, I would suggest BA was the replacement (Maiga is the supplement)

2, We had a back up centre back and you would hope that the "reserves" would be better. No outcry at the time as I recall, only now that all 3 main CB's were injured at the same time (for one game) is their gnashing of teeth and woe. (Taylor has a history of injury, but it's not like it all related tweaks and pulls in the same area, he's unlucky as he gets major shit happening to different parts of his body - shoulder, nose, achilles). But it's good to have a gripe with the benefit of hindsight.

3. Would suggest the "replacements" are actually upgrades tbh with the exception of Enrique (but he chose to leave). Just like everyone else you can only have 25 plus kids.

The team/squad is better than it was last year, that is progress. We have a set budget (within the means of the club) and within that, a major "high profile" overhaul is not possible, getting all excited about some policy that "should" be in place, but would, by definition, need to break the budget, is futile.

He is NOT going to change his policy, so all you can do is consider what can be done within that.

1, I assume you mean carroll, I would suggest BA was the replacement (Maiga is the supplement)

2, We had a back up centre back and you would hope that the "reserves" would be better. No outcry at the time as I recall, only now that all 3 main CB's were injured at the same time (for one game) is their gnashing of teeth and woe. (Taylor has a history of injury, but it's not like it all related tweaks and pulls in the same area, he's unlucky as he gets major shit happening to different parts of his body - shoulder, nose, achilles). But it's good to have a gripe with the benefit of hindsight.

3. Would suggest the "replacements" are actually upgrades tbh with the exception of Enrique (but he chose to leave). Just like everyone else you can only have 25 plus kids.

The team/squad is better than it was last year, that is progress. We have a set budget (within the means of the club) and within that, a major "high profile" overhaul is not possible, getting all excited about some policy that "should" be in place, but would, by definition, need to break the budget, is futile.

He is NOT going to change his policy, so all you can do is consider what can be done within that.

so what, exactly, is your re-assessment that you made on 1st September ?

"progress" would be to have put Ba alongside Carroll, put Cabaye into the midfield, and keep Nolan and Enrique by the way, not replace your best players, but this has been explained to you by many others too.

No, that would have been exceptional progress. Progress is defined as a word by movement in a direction towards a goal, it can either be slow or quick, small or large. Your example would certainly have been better progress but what has occurred instead can not be deemed as a failure to progress.

No, that would have been exceptional progress. Progress is defined as a word by movement in a direction towards a goal, it can either be slow or quick, small or large. Your example would certainly have been better progress but what has occurred instead can not be deemed as a failure to progress.

it wouldn't have been exceptional at all, it would have been basic progress, the type of ambition and progress that should be associated with Newcastle United. It would be exceptional progress for clubs who are half the size of Newcastle and have half the support or potential revenues. You continue to undersell and underestimate the club Chez, like others.

if, as stated, Ba is a replacement, rather than a striker to go alongside Carroll, which is what a supposedly big progressive club would have done, then where is the real replacement for Carroll, or the remaining 30m quid of the transfer ?

Edited by LeazesMag

it wouldn't have been exceptional at all, it would have been basic progress, the type of ambition and progress that should be associated with Newcastle United. It would be exceptional progress for clubs who are half the size of Newcastle and have half the support or potential revenues. You continue to undersell and underestimate the club Chez, like others.

It would have had us in the top 4 the christmas following our first season back after relegation. Thats exceptional and i wont explain why again.

This is my main point of contest with you, denying real progress is occurring because it doesnt go far enough.

It would have had us in the top 4 the christmas following our first season back after relegation. Thats exceptional and i wont explain why again.

This is my main point of contest with you, denying real progress is occurring because it doesnt go far enough.

I won't explain again why we aren't progressing and are a selling club.

Perhaps, the sale of Tiote/Krul/Colocinni [which will happen, its just a matter of time] and pocketing the cash again, like Carroll, will finally convince you.

Perhaps, the sale of Tiote/Krul/Colocinni [which will happen, its just a matter of time] and pocketing the cash again, like Carroll, will finally convince you.

Depends on the replacements. If its the same as Carroll/Ba and Barton/Cabaye, then it probably wont convince me.

so what, exactly, is your re-assessment that you made on 1st September ?

"progress" would be to have put Ba alongside Carroll, put Cabaye into the midfield, and keep Nolan and Enrique by the way, not replace your best players, but this has been explained to you by many others too.

Nolan wasn't worth the money he wanted and it was 100% right to get rid, unless of course you are saying he should have been paid what he got at WHU

As for Enrique, he wanted away, player in last year of contract holds all the cards.

We got good service out of Nolan but it wouldn't have continued for anywhere near as long as he wanted a contract for so we were right to sell in that respect. He'd have basically been sitting on his retirement pot if we'd given him what West Ham did. Also, by and large we wanted a different system anyway.

He'll be back in the Prem, but not for a top six side, so you have to ask why he would serve us any better if that's where we're attempting to get ourselves.

Enrique is obviously a different kettle of fish altogether.

It was pretty clear last season even when we had Carroll that we needed another striker, and then when he was sold we needed a replacement for him aswell, which became even more clear when all we had was Shola and Lovenkrands leading the line (and Leon Best for a short while) with Nile Ranger our only plan B.

I havent been calling for 1st choice CB as I know its not in Ashleys plans to go out and get one especially when we had Taylor and Colo with Williamson as back-up, but we all know that Taylors been out injured for most of the past few years and WIlliamson is a decent back-up. I think everyone knows that Perch shouldn't even be near the reserves nevermind the first team, but what could and should have happened is what I've said a few times on here was to get a young CB for cheap (e.g a type of signing like Bassong) where he there to get reserve games and early round cup games and then if he shows promise to push Williamson for the 3rd spot and possibly 2nd spot in our backline as currently we have no other promising CB's.

I never said the replacements arent as good (apart from Barton/Obertan and Enrique/Santon) but the main gripe of it is that our squad is paper thin and beyond the first team we are worryingly thin, which showed in the 2nd half of last season and is being shown now

Our squad is pitifully thin, and deliberately so. I'm pleased that people think Nolan, in view of his goalscoring record at the club and as captain of the club, wouldn't have came in useful as a squad member. This is what building a team and squad is all about, contrary to the absurd claim that there is no proof that the club is not attempting to build. Nobody is saying he's Peter Beardsley, but if he was sold with the managers agreement and/or knowledge, you have to ask again, where is the money for Carroll, Nolan and Enrique ?

For those who appear to have forgotten, Nolan only had 2 years of his contract left, the issue of him wanting a new one was irrelevant for the moment. The question is, where is the money ?

Edited by LeazesMag

Depends on the replacements. If its the same as Carroll/Ba and Barton/Cabaye, then it probably wont convince me.

I'm not going to explain again what being a progressive club actually means. Have you posted in the thread I started about Ashley and his apologists ?

Edited by LeazesMag

I wasn't arsed about Nolan going. I thought that the club done good on that one.

Me too. No way was he worth that amount of money (even if we were cash rich).

and we still are. So where is it ?

Our squad is pitifully thin, and deliberately so. I'm pleased that people think Nolan, in view of his goalscoring record at the club and as captain of the club, wouldn't have came in useful as a squad member. This is what building a team and squad is all about, contrary to the absurd claim that there is no proof that the club is not attempting to build. Nobody is saying he's Peter Beardsley, but if he was sold with the managers agreement and/or knowledge, you have to ask again, where is the money for Carroll, Nolan and Enrique ?

For those who appear to have forgotten, Nolan only had 2 years of his contract left, the issue of him wanting a new one was irrelevant for the moment. The question is, where is the money ?

I would say there is a good chunk left. I would also say some has gone on transfer fees,agent fees,wages,general running costs and maybe Ashley has paid himself back some of the money he loaned the club. I don't really give a shit about keeping track of it.

If we sell and we get decent replacements does it really matter if they cost £5m or £25m??

I would say there is a good chunk left. I would also say some has gone on transfer fees,agent fees,wages,general running costs and maybe Ashley has paid himself back some of the money he loaned the club. I don't really give a shit about keeping track of it.

If we sell and we get decent replacements does it really matter if they cost £5m or £25m??

We shouldnt be selling our main players though thats the thing, but Ashleys got some so well trained that theyre already expecting it and it cant go on forever that we sell a first teamer and get a replacement for a fraction of his selling price and turn out as good, if it did the likes of Man U etc would be doing it every season.

He's also got some so well trained that i think we must be the only fans eat up that it goes onto agent fee's etc

so we are a selling club ? And you too, don't understand what being a progressive club means and entails ?

As per the post from StonecoldStephenIreland, its unbelievable mate, it really is, that what he and I are saying here continues to have to be repeated over and over and over again.

Edited by LeazesMag

We shouldnt be selling our main players though thats the thing, but Ashleys got some so well trained that theyre already expecting it and it cant go on forever that we sell a first teamer and get a replacement for a fraction of his selling price and turn out as good, if it did the likes of Man U etc would be doing it every season.

He's also got some so well trained that i think we must be the only fans eat up that it goes onto agent fee's etc

exactly

If a team higher up the pecking order comes in everyone sells their players (unless they can afford not to, a'la Spurs/Modric, but even that one's not played out yet as he hasn't signed his new deal) even more so when the players contract is winding down. The clubs have little say.

Man U can pay top dollar because they make top dollar with interest and a cherry on top. Their success and income makes them a bad example to use in comparison to anyone tbh.

It's not about "training" it's just good old fashioned realism.

Edited by Toonpack

so we are a selling club ? And you too, don't understand what being a progressive club means and entails ?

As per the post from StonecoldStephenIreland, its unbelievable mate, it really is, that what he and I are saying here continues to have to be repeated over and over and over again.

Every player has a price so get used to it

If a rich club comes offering mega money plus massive wages to the player they will want to go, not rocket science. We are not a champions league club, we are not and have not been for years, a club that can win the league. Deal with it and move on.

Every club sells players, Arsenal,Man U, Dippers, everyone. Its who replaces them that counts

If a team higher up the pecking order comes in everyone sells their players (unless they can afford not to, a'la Spurs/Modric, but even that one's not played out yet as he hasn't signed his new deal) even more so when the players contract is winding down. The clubs have little say.

Man U can pay top dollar because they make top dollar with interest and a cherry on top. Their success and income makes them a bad example to use in comparison to anyone tbh.

It's not about "training" it's just good old fashioned realism.

In recollection though I'm sure Modric signed a 5 year contract last season, so his contract wasn't running out therefore Spurs weren't pushed into a corner regarding the transfer and because they saw him as vital to where they want their club to go so they refused to let him go. Which is pretty much the same situation in which us and Tiote will be in if a bigger club comes calling having signed a 6 and a half year contract (Could be wrong on the length of the contract) especially if we are to build a team and head in the right direction of building a team to compete and the higher end of the table which is where every fan wants us to be.

I used Man U as an example because if the transfer strategy worked and was successful of selling top players and replacing them with cheaper replacements, they along with the other European elite would be doing it even if they did have all the money in the world.

Every player has a price so get used to it

If a rich club comes offering mega money plus massive wages to the player they will want to go, not rocket science. We are not a champions league club, we are not and have not been for years, a club that can win the league. Deal with it and move on.

Every club sells players, Arsenal,Man U, Dippers, everyone. Its who replaces them that counts

its actually, how much backing they give their managers as opposed to how much money is pocketed from sales, that counts.

You still consider Newcastle to be a selling club and unable to act bigger than the likes of Bolton, Blackburn etc.

Edited by LeazesMag