Ashley apologists and Match Attendees

LeazesMag

Why ask a question Leazes when you never actually listen to a response if it doesnt fit with your point of view.

One thing i will say, i reckon i've spent about the same as you so far this season on a pro rata basis on following the team. Bad week to put that sort of shit over with me. Thats just ticket and travel costs, your booze costs might be a bit higher.

my booze costs are minimal Chez. Don't make presumptions, some people don't like it, and may scold you for it, and we can all make presumptions.

In the long run, I stand by my views and how I see the future, as I have done for the last number of years. You will see.

There may be more match tickets for your selective viewing in another year or two by the way. Fat lot of good that will do for the accounts, unless he sells another player to recoup the lost money of course.

I was fucking mortal on saturday tbf, more to do with popping round to see alex like :lol:

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm more arse about on the pitch like. Being a football fan.

You completely missed , or missunderstood, the one begets the other then :rolleyes:

your lack of an answer actually replies to the question of the thread.

Your lack of brain cells (still active one's anyway) supplies the answer to lots of thingson this forum.

Other than the same old bullshit tirade, you NEVER rationalise, nor answer, anything.

on the contrary, everything I have said about the old and new owner is actually happening. Sorry to mention this again like, but the usual bog standard response from you demands this reply.

You have answered the question in the thread. You don't go to games, therefore you can take the club or leave it, and have different priorities to spending your cash going to games and hoping only to win as many as possible. You don't feel happy or pissed off in the club or pub after the game, you just switch to another TV channel.

You still don't answer my question about the transfer deadline. I know you said he is "recouping" but it goes deeper than that.

No it's not, you are so misguided it is untrue.

As for my priorities, it's a "time" thing not a cash thing and Oh yes I do get pissed off after a game (although this season not so much, and I see them all) I just don't happen to go to the pub (or the match).

I believe he is recouping, what more is there to say. The taking profits/vehicle for SD is bollocks IMO, it doesn't stack up. (if that's what you are referring to).

You talk about "pocketing" all the time as a very bad thing, (not that the current owner is) yet the irony of you, of all people, taking that position in itself zero's your credibility

well, if he is "recouping", what was he doing before September 1st ? Isn't "recouping" just another way of saying "selling our best players, not backing his manager, pocketing the cash" etc etc.......this is what you were told by myself and others BEFORE the transfer deadline........so I'll ask you again, what are your REVISED views of Mike Ashleys ambitions for the club since September 1st, and what were you hoping he would do to make you change those views when you were saying this BEFORE September 1st and the end of the transfer deadline ? What exactly has made you finally realise he is "recouping" if you didn't see it earlier ?

I'm quite enjoying us pushing for European qualification with a group of players that appear to be wanted by what the press consider the big 6.

A big improvement over what we had and where we were when he took over.

Fingers crossed we can keep progressing but we could do with the financial fair play rules to be enforced strongly for that to happen, since he's turned around what was a financial mess into a break even one.

Absolutely the right attitude that, especially the bit in bold, irrespective of whether you like the owner or not, or think he's doing it the right way or not, it's something we should all be able to agree on (or most of us anyway).

Why ask a question Leazes when you never actually listen to a response if it doesnt fit with your point of view.

One thing i will say, i reckon i've spent about the same as you so far this season on a pro rata basis on following the team. Bad week to put that sort of shit over with me. Thats just ticket and travel costs, your booze costs might be a bit higher.

my booze costs are minimal Chez. Don't make presumptions, some people don't like it, and may scold you for it, and we can all make presumptions.

In the long run, I stand by my views and how I see the future, as I have done for the last number of years. You will see.

There may be more match tickets for your selective viewing in another year or two by the way. Fat lot of good that will do for the accounts, unless he sells another player to recoup the lost money of course.

I was fucking mortal on saturday tbf, more to do with popping round to see alex like :lol:

Fuck off, you were 3 sheets to the wind when you turned up ;)

sounds like you spent more money on booze than I spend in a week then :icon_lol:

Thing is though Leazes, you argument is slightly disingenuous. What people wanted was someone to take over who could take the club forward in a way the old regime couldn't have. Even before the global financial crisis they were struggling to recover from letting Souness spunk £50m up the wall. Compared to their own previous highs it's pretty certain (imo at least) that they would have looked like failures in comparison.

Of course, the fact that someone with Ashley's money came in and made things even worse is a sad indictment on his running of the club too.

That pretty much sums up my opinion. IF there wasn't a regime change there is absolutely no way the club could have been able to carry on spending like it did on borrowed money. We wouldn't be competing with the top 4 either, anyone with half a brain and a bit of common sense can see that regardless of going to games or not.

fucking hell. You still don't get it.

I get you trot out the same old shit, time and again, regardless of weather or not it corresponds with a question another member asks you. You are a fucking crackpot

You completely missed , or missunderstood, the one begets the other then :rolleyes:

Your lack of brain cells (still active one's anyway) supplies the answer to lots of thingson this forum.

Other than the same old bullshit tirade, you NEVER rationalise, nor answer, anything.

on the contrary, everything I have said about the old and new owner is actually happening. Sorry to mention this again like, but the usual bog standard response from you demands this reply.

You have answered the question in the thread. You don't go to games, therefore you can take the club or leave it, and have different priorities to spending your cash going to games and hoping only to win as many as possible. You don't feel happy or pissed off in the club or pub after the game, you just switch to another TV channel.

You still don't answer my question about the transfer deadline. I know you said he is "recouping" but it goes deeper than that.

As for my priorities, it's a "time" thing not a cash thing and Oh yes I do get pissed off after a game (although this season not so much, and I see them all) I just don't happen to go to the pub (or the match).

I believe he is recouping, what more is there to say. The taking profits/vehicle for SD is bollocks IMO, it doesn't stack up. (if that's what you are referring to).

You talk about "pocketing" all the time as a very bad thing, (not that the current owner is) yet the irony of you, of all people, taking that position in itself zero's your credibility

well, if he is "recouping", what was he doing before September 1st ? Isn't "recouping" just another way of saying "selling our best players, not backing his manager, pocketing the cash" etc etc.......this is what you were told by myself and others BEFORE the transfer deadline........so I'll ask you again, what are your REVISED views of Mike Ashleys ambitions for the club since September 1st, and what were you hoping he would do to make you change those views when you were saying this BEFORE September 1st and the end of the transfer deadline ? What exactly has made you finally realise he is "recouping" if you didn't see it earlier ?

Fundamentaly NOT, I mean it's not even close. :icon_lol:

Therein lies your problem.

sounds like you spent more money on booze than I spend in a week then :icon_lol:

Judging by most of your late night ramblings I doubt that very much

Thing is though Leazes, you argument is slightly disingenuous. What people wanted was someone to take over who could take the club forward in a way the old regime couldn't have. Even before the global financial crisis they were struggling to recover from letting Souness spunk £50m up the wall. Compared to their own previous highs it's pretty certain (imo at least) that they would have looked like failures in comparison.

Of course, the fact that someone with Ashley's money came in and made things even worse is a sad indictment on his running of the club too.

That pretty much sums up my opinion. IF there wasn't a regime change there is absolutely no way the club could have been able to carry on spending like it did on borrowed money. We wouldn't be competing with the top 4 either, anyone with half a brain and a bit of common sense can see that regardless of going to games or not.

I get you trot out the same old shit, time and again, regardless of weather or not it corresponds with a question another member asks you. You are a fucking crackpot

now now, less of the abuse. I'm trying to give you constructive comments, of course, you're not trotting out the same old shit are you ? Still fooled and completely sold by a run of a dozen games or so, so much that it blinds you to the long term sustainability of it all.

so please tell us, where is the Carroll cash. What do you think he was doing before the end of the transfer deadline, and therefore what did you hope he would do when you said you would revise your opinion after the deadline ? What did you hope he would do when you said "he is now in a position to spend for the first time", where is this cash that wasn't spent ?

Therein lies your problem. You don't see the meaning of your own comments.

Edited by LeazesMag

I'm quite enjoying us pushing for European qualification with a group of players that appear to be wanted by what the press consider the big 6.

Fingers crossed we can keep progressing but we could do with the financial fair play rules to be enforced strongly for that to happen, since he's turned around what was a financial mess into a break even one.

Absolutely the right attitude that, especially the bit in bold, irrespective of whether you like the owner or not, or think he's doing it the right way or not, it's something we should all be able to agree on (or most of us anyway).

it is up to a point Alex, if the right things were being done to sustain it long term, it would all be very good indeed, but that just isn't the case.

it is up to a point Alex, if the right things were being done to sustain it long term, it would all be very good indeed, but that just isn't the case.

Look, you're cutting your nose off to spite your face if you don't enjoy it. Like I said that's irrespective of any qualms you might have about the way the club is run. My point is you can enjoy AND want Ashley out (or whatever). I know what you're getting at btw, and I agree.

Look, you're cutting your nose off to spite your face if you don't enjoy it. Like I said that's irrespective of any qualms you might have about the way the club is run. My point is you can enjoy AND want Ashley out (or whatever). I know what you're getting at btw, and I agree.

I AM enjoying it, thats why I'm pissed every night :icon_lol:

It's right though and I don't see the point in worrying about players leaving, in fact the way we've been scouting players over the past few years I feel confident that we could do a good job of replacing them anyway, I can remember people worried about Baye leaving but who gives him a second thought now? Or Given, or Nolan.

Some players have left that have bothered me like Enrique but it happens with all clubs, others have gone and we've not only replaced them but improved too with their replacements.

I feel similar about our scouting network as I did about Arsenal's a decade or so ago in that we've been able to sell what is considered our stars and replace them for less money while attempting to improve.

so please tell us, where is the Carroll cash. What do you think he was doing before the end of the transfer deadline, and therefore what did you hope he would do when you said you would revise your opinion after the deadline ? What did you hope he would do when you said "he is now in a position to spend for the first time", where is this cash that wasn't spent ?

:)

Carroll cash, spent. I would suggest some as contribution to running costs (and transfers) and some I suspect to reduce the debt to MA. The latter part being the element, or proportion, of the Carroll cash that was in the "position to spend" bracket, it seems he chose not to, but rather "recouped".

I seriously wonder why I bother tbh

It's right though and I don't see the point in worrying about players leaving, in fact the way we've been scouting players over the past few years I feel confident that we could do a good job of replacing them anyway, I can remember people worried about Baye leaving but who gives him a second thought now? Or Given, or Nolan.

Some players have left that have bothered me like Enrique but it happens with all clubs, others have gone and we've not only replaced them but improved too with their replacements.

I feel similar about our scouting network as I did about Arsenal's a decade or so ago in that we've been able to sell what is considered our stars and replace them for less money while attempting to improve.

That's the penny you won't get to drop in Leazes-world

Aye, whey I wouldn't go that far like :lol:

having a good scouting system AND keeping your best players is what a REAL good club would be doing.

Where does your DOF come in all of this then Baggio ? Do you still have those pro-Wise and anti-Keegan views you had ?

you and Baggio have another thing in common. Neither of you go to games, in the real world.

Aye, whey I wouldn't go that far like :lol:

Which part? I think we've brought in some fantastic players for not a lot of money and I'm confident it can continue too.

:)

Carroll cash, spent. I would suggest some as contribution to running costs (and transfers) and some I suspect to reduce the debt to MA. The latter part being the element, or proportion, of the Carroll cash that was in the "position to spend" bracket, it seems he chose not to, but rather "recouped".

I seriously wonder why I bother tbh

what did you say he wanted to do with the money AT THE TIME, when you said "this is the first time he has had money to spend". I repeat, what was it that you were hoping he would do with the money before the transfer deadline, that would make you say you would revise your views on his ambitions for the club ?

Edit.

I didn't hear you say before the deadline, that the Carroll cash would go to meeting costs ie a selling club, for a club that had the 14th biggest revenues in world football when he bought the club. What has he done to erode that ?

Edited by LeazesMag

you and Baggio have another thing in common. Neither of you go to games, in the real world.

You see, that's also irrelevant.

In the days when the only way to see the game was to go, you would have had a point on the validity of comments. Actually not going but seeing all the games on a TV gives a much better perspective than "being there", it's also less time consuming, warm and convivial. No objectionable comments or inhaling of unwanted beer farts from some scruffy pissed twat, it's bliss man.

now now, less of the abuse. I'm trying to give you constructive comments, of course, you're not trotting out the same old shit are you ? Still fooled and completely sold by a run of a dozen games or so, so much that it blinds you to the long term sustainability of it all.

Not fooled by a run of a dozen games, its only our second season back in the prem after being relegated. We finished mid table last season and could have easily been a few places higher if the game against West Brom not been thrown away.

We are playing some decent stuff, have a great team spirit and have not missed Barton,Carroll or Nolan one bit regardless of what people thought.

We have just had a tough 3 games against the leagues top sides and can consider ourselves unlucky not to have come out with a few more points.

I think you need to give a bit of credit to the players and manager instead of constantly bashing Ashley, as we all know what he's about

Which part? I think we've brought in some fantastic players for not a lot of money and I'm confident it can continue too.

We've done very well but I get the feeling (in fact, I know ;) ) that it's a bit of a one-man band, i.e. Graham Carr. Hence the reason we're concentrating on France atm, i.e. our resources are a tad thin on the scouting front, albeit Carr is well-connected. Arsenal's scouting network was more extensive I think with a far less restricted remit.

what did you say he wanted to do with the money AT THE TIME, when you said "this is the first time he has had money to spend". I repeat, what was it that you were hoping he would do with the money before the transfer deadline, that would make you say you would revise your views on his ambitions for the club ?

Edit.

I didn't hear you say before the deadline, that the Carroll cash would go to meeting costs ie a selling club, for a club that had the 14th biggest revenues in world football when he bought the club. What has he done to erode that ?

I hoped he would spend it, that said Ba for nowt (in transfer fee) and him reducing his exposure (if he has, as I suspect) as opposed to Ruiz for £10 Mill, for example, is perfectly fine, in fact it's even better.