After the game yesterda

LeazesMag

does anybody know what the song was as we were leaving, the first one after the final whistle.

"Baby Lee" by Teenage Fanclub, the best band in the history of the world

you used to say that about the Happy Mondays in every edition of True Faith man !!!!!

Anyway, that song rang a bell, and Teenage Fanclub......I thought I'd heard it before but can't remember when.

does anybody know what the song was as we were leaving, the first one after the final whistle.

you used to say that about the Happy Mondays in every edition of True Faith man !!!!!

Anyway, that song rang a bell, and Teenage Fanclub......I thought I'd heard it before but can't remember when.

I think you're confusing me with someone else; presumably the editor - while I saw Happy Mondays a few times, I didn't rate them that much.

My musical heroes come through the semi-acoustic folk rock lineage; The Byrds, Gram Parsons, Fairport Convention, leading to Teenage Fanclub, Belle & Sebastian and other such bands

I think you're confusing me with someone else; presumably the editor - while I saw Happy Mondays a few times, I didn't rate them that much.

My musical heroes come through the semi-acoustic folk rock lineage; The Byrds, Gram Parsons, Fairport Convention, leading to Teenage Fanclub, Belle & Sebastian and other such bands

Joy Division ?

you used to say that about the Happy Mondays in every edition of True Faith man !!!!! Anyway, that song rang a bell, and Teenage Fanclub......I thought I'd heard it before but can't remember when.
I think you're confusing me with someone else; presumably the editor - while I saw Happy Mondays a few times, I didn't rate them that much. My musical heroes come through the semi-acoustic folk rock lineage; The Byrds, Robson & Jerome, Gram Parsons, Dollar, Fairport Convention, Rick Astley, leading to Teenage Fanclub, Belle & Sebastian and other such bands

That's a varied line up, there, Gene.

fairly obscure stuff mate, try listening to Free Live

Just downloaded the Teenage Fan Club song btw, ta very much !!!

Edited by LeazesMag

fairly obscure stuff mate, try listening to Free Live

Just downloaded the Teenage Fan Club song btw, ta very much !!!

obscurity is where genius lies...

wasn't Free Live recorded at the mackem Mayfair?

some of it, some of it at Croydon

Oh I still love Joy Division; my other musical strand is post punk - the stuff that started on Rough Trade in 1978, then Fast Product 79, Factory 1980, Postcard 81 etc

Ah the sound of young scotland

How I wish I was young again..........

"Blue Boy," "Simply Thrilled Honey," "Poor Old Soul" - has there ever been a finer trio of singles?

Oh I still love Joy Division; my other musical strand is post punk - the stuff that started on Rough Trade in 1978, then Fast Product 79, Factory 1980, Postcard 81 etc

Ah the sound of young scotland

How I wish I was young again..........

"Blue Boy," "Simply Thrilled Honey," "Poor Old Soul" - has there ever been a finer trio of singles?

absolute perfection