20 Seasons of the Premier League

Nyff

I think there's also the school of thinking that each player should be judged over a concerted period. Some of Duff's performances at Chelsea, for us and at Fulham go some way to negating his better form at Blackburn and to a lesser extent Chelsea if you ask me.

Thinking of the best goals, what are some of the other crackers we've seen from Newcastle? That Oba Martins goal under Roeder at White Hart Lane springs to mind. Never looks quite as good as it was live, was probably partly influenced by the fact we were totally out of that game and then he just got the ball, raced forward and absolutely wallied it in.

http://www.vidhub.net/play.php?vid=12776

Solano's against Everton. :nufc:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there's also the school of thinking that each player should be judged over a concerted period. Some of Duff's performances at Chelsea, for us and at Fulham go some way to negating his better form at Blackburn and to a lesser extent Chelsea if you ask me.

Thinking of the best goals, what are some of the other crackers we've seen from Newcastle? That Oba Martins goal under Roeder at White Hart Lane springs to mind. Never looks quite as good as it was live, was probably partly influenced by the fact we were totally out of that game and then he just got the ball, raced forward and absolutely wallied it in.

Shearer had a tendency under Sir Bobby to just absolutely take the piss with some of his strikes. Villa, Everton, Chelsea, Man U, those freekicks with Solano. One of my favourite Toon goals from the back end of Shepard is Sibierski's piss-taking dribble and finish in Europe. Think it's Zulte Waregem and it was so out of the blue. Remember him scoring a lot of our goals in that campaign.

We're moving away from Premier League but if that Nobby shot that hit the bar in the San Siro had went in, I'd still be rewatching it now.

Ha ha, fantastic. What were you doing in the players' lounge there like? I've been in Nottingham the last couple of years

Tickets were like gold dust but me Dad managed to get some in the away end off someone at the club who also got us passes for the players' lounge. I had a spare so I took this lad I knew who was a Newcastle fan. He was canny starstruck but I was just fucking gutted as that was the league pretty much handed to Man Utd that night.

Aye, it's never really left my mind that one, as much as I've tried to have Forest as my second team. They beat us just after I'd moved there in the Championship as well.

That Solano curler was a beauty. A Laurent Robert first time volley against Coventry could it have been (?) has sprung into my mind as well. Sibierski became an absolute hero here

Aye, it's never really left my mind that one, as much as I've tried to have Forest as my second team. They beat us just after I'd moved there in the Championship as well.

Ian Woan. He did it against us in the cup as well. I wouldn't care but he's a fucking Man Utd-hating Micky Mouser. He barely celebrated that screamer at the City Ground if I remember rightly. Don't mind Forest like as I always had time for them under Clough.

That Solano curler was a beauty. A Laurent Robert first time volley against Coventry could it have been (?) has sprung into my mind as well. Sibierski became an absolute hero here

Spurs was the mental Robert volley. His whole performance that game was world-class. Scored two absolute screamers and set the other two up. Unplayable.

Spurs was the mental Robert volley. His whole performance that game was world-class. Scored two absolute screamers and set the other two up. Unplayable.

Two goal of the season contenders in the same game.

His 'dolphin kick' against Fulham too was just impossible!