20 Seasons of the Premier League

Nyff

Schmeichel

G.Neville Vidic Ferdinand A.Cole

C.Ronaldo Vieira Scholes Giggs

Henry Shearer

Same but I put Adam's over Vidic, the Centre mid was the toughest area for me.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Utterly shambolic that Moyes and Redknapp are both in the managerial category yet Keegan isn't.

Keegan took a newly promoted team to within 1 game of winning the title, all in the space of 3 seasons. An utterly astonishing feet. All while playing some of the best football ever seen in this country.

Utterly shambolic that Moyes and Redknapp are both in the managerial category yet Keegan isn't.

Keegan took a newly promoted team to within 1 game of winning the title, all in the space of 3 seasons. An utterly astonishing feet. All while playing some of the best football ever seen in this country.

i don't think keegan deserves to be anywhere near the manager award. failure and lack of tactical awareness cost him. was great fun when he was here first time around though. also redknapp doesn't deserve to ba up there at all. 3 great managers in the premier league... Ferguson Wenger and Mourinho.

Edited by canofbeans

i don't think keegan deserves to be anywhere near the manager award. failure and lack of tactical awareness cost him. was great fun when he was here first time around though. also redknapp doesn't deserve to ba up there at all. 3 great managers in the premier league... Ferguson Wenger and Mourinho.

If Moyes and Redknapp are there then why shouldn't Keegan be for what he done with us?

Agree about the other 3 though and of course Ferguson should walk it.

Some of the suggestions for best players were ridiculous.

Warren Barton is epitome of a 100%er but I'll be honest, he was fuckin shite in his first 2 years here. The crowd didn't like him, that's a washed under the carpet fact of life.

Solano was never that good though. Even when he was class for us he rarely performed away from home. I love Nobby as well.

I disagree he was the epitome of class. His form only dipped after trips to Peru, he was much too good for Aston Villa, and the fans loved him there too.

Aye, that bloke oozed class every time he was on the football field. The things he could do with that ball...and his delivery was second to none. Didn't have a manager section to vote on, though it's a moot point cos Fergie'll walk it, went for all the ones to do with us (positively) in the various categories.

Aye, that bloke oozed class every time he was on the football field. The things he could do with that ball...and his delivery was second to none. Didn't have a manager section to vote on, though it's a moot point cos Fergie'll walk it, went for all the ones to do with us (positively) in the various categories.

That game at Leeds when we won 3-4, he was 10/10, and I wouldn't have wanted that chance at the end to fall to anyone else in world football other than him.

This is one of my fav toon goals of all time.

Solano was never that good though. Even when he was class for us he rarely performed away from home. I love Nobby as well.

I disagree he was the epitome of class. His form only dipped after trips to Peru, he was much too good for Aston Villa, and the fans loved him there too.

It wasn't really a dig at Solano as such but I could see why Duff would get a nomination ahead of him as he was a top performer for a period in a side which won things (including the league). Stand by what I say about Nobby being a 'homer' though.

It wasn't really a dig at Solano as such but I could see why Duff would get a nomination ahead of him as he was a top performer for a period in a side which won things (including the league). Stand by what I say about Nobby being a 'homer' though.

Saw him have too many mint games away to class him as a homer. Duff wasn't brilliant at Chelsea imo, which is why his value depreciated to the tune of £12m in just three seasons. It's a game of opinions though, and I think Duff was fantastic for Blackburn.

I think there's also the school of thinking that each player should be judged over a concerted period. Some of Duff's performances at Chelsea, for us and at Fulham go some way to negating his better form at Blackburn and to a lesser extent Chelsea if you ask me.

Thinking of the best goals, what are some of the other crackers we've seen from Newcastle? That Oba Martins goal under Roeder at White Hart Lane springs to mind. Never looks quite as good as it was live, was probably partly influenced by the fact we were totally out of that game and then he just got the ball, raced forward and absolutely wallied it in.

Never mind Duff. Steve fucking Stone. :lol: I take it back about Nobby's non-nomination.

Aye, obviously i never saw an awful lot of him playing cos he was at Villa and Pompey I believe, both of whom I have no interest in whatsoever, but I was wondering if my memory was deceiving me that he was just a handy little player

Never mind Duff. Steve fucking Stone. :lol: I take it back about Nobby's non-nomination.

I love Nobby, I'm maybe a bit deluded about him, but he could've played for any club in the world in my view. Can you remember Real Madrid's alleged £10m bid for him?

Stone :lol: you know what it is, I can't even remember who he played for after Forest, that's the impact he had on me.

Best years were at Forest where I saw a fair bit of him, including the odd game in person. Decent but nothing special. Played the odd time for England at that time too. Think he might've made the Euro 96 squad as well.

I love Nobby, I'm maybe a bit deluded about him, but he could've played for any club in the world in my view. Can you remember Real Madrid's alleged £10m bid for him?

Stone :lol: you know what it is, I can't even remember who he played for after Forest, that's the impact he had on me.

Nobby would've been better suited in Spain like. He was fucking class when he played full-back under Roeder as well.

Oh aye of course! Completely forgot about Forest, I've written off the best of his career there like

I was in the players lounge at the City Ground after that game in '96. He came in dead apologetic afterwards. Some of his family were there. A lass, I assumed it was his sis, just took one look at him and told him to fuck off :lol: