If you cancelled your ST in the last 3 year, will you renew next season?

Happy Face

Still not tempted:

1. Still don't want to give money to Ashley - I've loved this season vicariously but still won't forgive him - mainly for Keegan

2. Couldn't be bothered with the travel any more.

3. I couldn't take my old seat in the Milburn as I won't sit in a family section - would have the hassle of finding a seat in the East Stand (much prefer watching football side-on).

Having said that I got an email off the club today saying tickets were available for Man City (subject to being a member) and I thought about it for about 5 seconds. In the end despite thinking I've earned the right to be there over all the years I felt it wouldn't be right to jump in at the end of this season like some kind of glory hunting cunt.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I chucked it this season as I'd had my fill of all things sportsdirect and the multiple decisions this regime made that I hated. The biggest factor at the end was that I was told I couldn't renew my seat in L7. I've had a seat in different parts of the ground for one off matches in the past and I've felt zero connection with a large percentage of my fellow 'toon' supporters so in the end that was the final straw. As it happens and despite the great season we've enjoyed it's proved a decent decision for a few non-football factors, one of the biggest being I've worked an absolute boat load of sundays and will for the near future as well as having a couple of months where I was on the bones of my arse with a family to support.

I miss the games but I'll live. Could really do with getting a couple of aways in but it's too expensive a day out and tickets/travel is a pain in the arse getting sorted.

I'm doing the opposite- had a ST for 7 or 8 years now but binning it this summer, I expect to be down south for the foreseeable so will be picking and choosing as many Saturday 3pm games as I can make next year. I'm probably screwed for getting European tickets but there are always ways and means.