Somewhere interesting to go on holiday in December

ajax_andy

The missus and I were planning on going to New York for a week in December but I don't think we'll be able to afford it sadly.

She's mentioned Paris but I'm not 100% convinced it'll be all that fun and more of a weekend rather than a weeks type of holiday (could be wrong tho?). Also it'll be wet and cold just like here so not keen for that reason.

Does anyone have any recommendations for somewhere quite cultural but also where the weather wont be rank?

The missus and I were planning on going to New York for a week in December but I don't think we'll be able to afford it sadly.

She's mentioned Paris but I'm not 100% convinced it'll be all that fun and more of a weekend rather than a weeks type of holiday (could be wrong tho?). Also it'll be wet and cold just like here so not keen for that reason.

Does anyone have any recommendations for somewhere quite cultural but also where the weather wont be rank?

Could go for the other end of the stick. Somewhere like Norway/Iceland where you know it'll be snowy but no shit drizzle/half and half that annoys us during December. Thermals and boots etc and you'll be boiling and going through somewhere interesting. Cabins with fire etc. Proper winter. Alternately if you want winter sun Malta is apparently nice, get the right places though obviously. I spent the other winter in Sri Lanka though and I've got to admit einter sun aint all it's cracked up to be.

Barcelona or Valencia.

Could go for the other end of the stick. Somewhere like Norway/Iceland where you know it'll be snowy but no shit drizzle/half and half that annoys us during December. Thermals and boots etc and you'll be boiling and going through somewhere interesting. Cabins with fire etc. Proper winter. Alternately if you want winter sun Malta is apparently nice, get the right places though obviously. I spent the other winter in Sri Lanka though and I've got to admit einter sun aint all it's cracked up to be.

Cheers mate quite like the log cabin & fire idea... will have a look in to it :)

Prague the week before xmas is lush. Full of couples instead of stag do's and the xmas markets are up. Definitely recommended

I love Prague but me and the missus have already been twice unfortunately... plus been to Krakow & Tallinn too so might give eastern Europe a miss for a while :)

I love Prague but me and the missus have already been twice unfortunately... plus been to Krakow & Tallinn too so might give eastern Europe a miss for a while :)

The Christmas markets thing is a good idea. Apparently Salzburg and Cologne are particularly good.

Tbh I've never really considered going to Germany for a holiday... maybe I should look in to it? Have a mate who's been and loved it, but I think the fact my wifes dutch parents go caravaning there always puts me off a little