Brussels

Howmanheyman

Anyone got a clue about this place? Me and my mate are spending wed night and Thursday night here after the match and after reading a few reviews and having a look on Google maps the place looks bit of a hole and apparently a red light district full of prossies and middle eastern immigrants so we'll feel right at home coming from Walker! ;) The hotel is near the Yser metro station so if anyone's got any tips on metro travel Brussels style give me a shout. I may yet cancel the hotel and just try for bruges but the connecting train from Bruges to Brussels is pushing it close for our Eurostar train check in on Fri morning.

Any help/tips welcome. (I'll even take the piss taking in good faith).

:D

I really liked it. Too long ago to remember specifics though. Hope this helps. :)

:lol: My contribution was going to be "I changed trains there once. Nice beer opposite the station." I'd say you've done great things here by comparison.

Thing is we don't get till 9pm then jump on a metro to a seedy part of town, ok on the wedneday night but coming back from Brugge late on the thursday night more than likely pissed as a twat after an all dayer in Brugge with my fellow Mags I'm not sure I fancy telling 'Dominique' I'm a married man whilst 'Mehmet' is behind me rifling my pockets with one hand whilst the other has a flick knife! :lol:

Anyone got a clue about this place? Me and my mate are spending wed night and Thursday night here after the match and after reading a few reviews and having a look on Google maps the place looks bit of a hole and apparently a red light district full of prossies and middle eastern immigrants so we'll feel right at home coming from Walker! ;) The hotel is near the Yser metro station so if anyone's got any tips on metro travel Brussels style give me a shout. I may yet cancel the hotel and just try for bruges but the connecting train from Bruges to Brussels is pushing it close for our Eurostar train check in on Fri morning.

Any help/tips welcome. (I'll even take the piss taking in good faith).

:D

Whats pushing it close? Reliability and keeping to timetables is usually a lot better in Europe. Travel through Brussels regularly (rarely stop) and the trains (national and regional are always on time). I dont want to advise you to definitely stay in Bruges because you dont want to miss the Eurostar but if the train from Bruges gives you half an hour, you'll be fine. Ignore the 'must check in by' time with Eurostar, if you turn up 20 mins before the train leaves, you're getting on. In business there is no time limit specified, you can be 1 minute before the train leaves.

If you end up in Brussels then you've just got to find a decent Moules Frites, its the mussel season now so the Zeelandaise mussels will be massive and lush. I'd recommend somewhere like here http://uk.chezleon.be/

Cheers Chez, :good: there's a train leaves Brugge just after seven in the morning getting to Brussels Midi at 8.20. Our Eurostar is at 8.52 but I've never been on the Eurostar so don't know how strict they are with the half hour check in time, plus a few of the Brugge hotels seem to be a bit strict with the late check in times, (basically we wouldn't get to Brugge till about 10.30 pm on wednesday if that's what we decided to do).

I'll have a little think and have a word with my pal.

P.S. I can't stand seafood! ;)

Edited by Howmanheyman

8.20 to 8.52 is cutting it fine but i'd be inclined to go for it.

http://www.eurostar.com/UK/uk/leisure/travel_information/at_the_station/stations/brussels_midi_zuid.jsp

If you look on the map of Brussels midi station, you're not far from Eurostar when you get off, maybe 5 minutes. Worth bearing in mind, Bruges is lush, Brussels is alright but you have to know where you are going or be lucky in finding somewhere. If you do end up staying in Brussels, let us know what you are looking for and i'll give you some addresses. Our policy think tank is based there and am good mates with one of the managers who likes a bevvy etc.

Mussels are lush, never thought i'd like them either so you might be surprised. With chips and lush Belgian beer, nowt better.

Cheers for the help folks, I cancelled the Brussels hotel and got a better one in Bruges for a bit cheaper, will just get an earlier train to make sure we're ok for the connection. Feel a lot happier about it now, mind. :D

Told my pal and now the easy stuff is out the way and sorted his first plan is to sort out the drink situation as "There's nee fucking way I'm paying train prices!" so it's going to be the old innocent looking bottle of coke laced with voddie job again by the looks of it. ;)

Edited by Howmanheyman

1.Digital Photography and Its Revolutionary Features

Photography has always been the form of art. It is in recent times with the change in technology through digital cameras that photography is accessible to common man. Internet has made it easy to click and upload pictures in order to share the moments with loved ones.Photography is the science of light. It is an art form which applies the knowledge of science in capturing a moment. Till the last decade photography was considered to be a medium of recreation. Apart from its use in journalism,Sacs pas cher, it was only seen as a form of art. What is that has changed in this field in the past decade?

Technology played a major role in bringing about a change in the attitude towards photography. Today all the mobile phones are equipped with cameras, this made clicking very easy,http://www.oksacpascher.fr. Digital photography was one of the major breakthroughs from the film photography. It drastically reduced the cost of clicking photographs. Earlier clicking a picture was followed by washing the film which in itself was a costly affair. There was no other way apart from getting a printed copy in order to see the pictures clicked. Today you click as many pictures you want and store them on your computer or an external hard drive; even the mobile memory card can store thousands of pictures at a time.

2.Where to Find Italy’S Art Scene…Outside of Rome and Florence

When you think of Italy, what comes to mind? A country rammed full of fascinating art and culture? This is almost certainly the impression most people have about Italy and with good reason; Florence is known as the birthplace of renaissance, whilst Rome boasts a huge number of exciting museums and galleries. These two cities might stand out as the forerunners for art in Italy but, in fact,sac pas cher, there are many other places throughout the country that offer a unique and interesting arty experience. So, where should you head if you're looking for a visually appealing excursion outside of Florence or Rome?

The narrow streets of Venice exude an arty significance which is evident in many of its architectural structures. In addition, the city's olde-worlde vibe allows you to pretend you have stepped back to another time. To continue this classic experience, head to the Accademia gallery where, if you're lucky, you can see Leonardo da Vinci's Vitruvian Man sketch on display. If, however,Sac a main, you are getting tired of historic art, then make sure you visit the Peggy Guggenheim Collection; a contemporary art museum exhibiting works by some famous faces from the modern art scene including Picasso, Dali, and Miro.