Player form...

StellarStripes

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He hasn't got the ability to do that though....and nor have any of our subs at this level.

You're gonna love this chart.

Amazingly our 2 wingers have had exactly the same number of touches of the ball. 413. Ben Arfa loses it more...because he's more adventurous. Gutierrez doesn't score or create assists, but he's extremely effective at retaining posession in the opponents half and leaving it to more skilful players like Cabaye and Ben Arfa to supply balls into the box....

653jgl.jpg

http://www.whoscored.com/Teams/23

Wasting your time trying to convince me of anything. Jonas is the cancer in our team. Its why there is no flow, no balance and we we are gash. Most of his safety retaining possession passes probably happen in our half.

If thats what does it for you then great, but for me I would rather have Obertan, Ferguson, Sameobi etc out on the wing chucking in great balls for for the Dembas. I think Ferguson with his three assists and Obertan with his fine display against Bordeaux, have shown what we are missing on the left.

Each to their own though I guess.

I can't believe that any sane person would like to see obertan playing for us based on everything we have seen from him so far.

Actually Obertan has put in more crosses per minute and more successful crosses per minute than any player in our squad, so it's consistent with his point.

Yes, I've seen just about every appearance obertan has made.

The league is full of players that have done a couple of decent things and have made a career out of it. Obertan, so far, is nowhere close to deserving a place.

obertan looks ok in europe. generally he's been dreadful in the premier league. it's not like he hasn't had a few chances either.

jonas has limitations; final ball being the main one. but he does a good job for the team. ideally we'd have an out and out winger with a better delivery to play wide left but we don't.

he looked canny playing more centrally in a 4-3-3 last season. he's got the engine to play that role, but we seem to have persisted more with 4-4-2 this season.

Actually Obertan has put in more crosses per minute and more successful crosses per minute than any player in our squad, so it's consistent with his point.

he's gash though isn't he? in the league at least. how many good games has he had? one maybe?

Yes, I've seen just about every appearance obertan has made.

The league is full of players that have done a couple of decent things and have made a career out of it. Obertan, so far, is nowhere close to deserving a place.

The managers job should be to utilise his squad to win games. Imo Pardew has been found out so far this season as a coward. Given three straight assists from Ferguson he should leave him at left back, move Santon to right back, (where he looked decent) and given us the opportunity to create from both flanks.

Obertan ahead of Ferguson and Santon and Ben Arfa on the right would terrorise defences, leave gaping holes all over midfield for Cabaye and Tiote to control and create chances galore for the strikers.

Honestly I have to stop discussing this as its pissing me off :lol:

How many times per minute has obertan caused moves to break down because he runs up a blind alley and loses the ball or plays some shite ball just to get rid of it?

I'm sure stat geeks must have that data as well

The managers job should be to utilise his squad to win games. Imo Pardew has been found out so far this season as a coward. Given three straight assists from Ferguson he should leave him at left back, move Santon to right back, (where he looked decent) and given us the opportunity to create from both flanks.

Obertan ahead of Ferguson and Santon and Ben Arfa on the right would terrorise defences, leave gaping holes all over midfield for Cabaye and Tiote to control and create chances galore for the strikers.

Honestly I have to stop discussing this as its pissing me off :lol:

Aye....if Obertan was any good.

Sounds good on paper, not in practice.

Ba playing wide on the left of a 433. He wont play there this year.

Jonas hasn't played in an attacking role in the last two games and we've still look toothless attacking wise and played negative tactics. Fault lies at Pardew's door.