Sports Personality of the Year

catmag

I thought it was absolutely great (and I haven't watched it in years). We'll be lucky if we see another sporting year as good as 2012. I think on balance Bradley Wiggins was a just winner but any one of them would've probably been fair enough.

I find the notion that the whole thing is a great and worthy title a bit funny. It's a phone in poll run by a telly station. Of course it's nice to win it etc but the way people harp on about it your have thought Wiggins will value this as much as his TDF. God knows what the overseas winner thinks of it all.

It's a nice show with the review if the year though and this year's would have been great, pity I couldn't watch it as I was on nights.

I think its mentioned further back in the thread that Greg Rusedeski has won it but Murray won the US Open and the Olympics in the same summer and only got 3rd :lol:....but as you say, will he be that fuckin bothered?....if he wins another major next year he'll piss it in 2013 anyway...

I think its mentioned further back in the thread that Greg Rusedeski has won it but Murray won the US Open and the Olympics in the same summer and only got 3rd :lol:....but as you say, will he be that fuckin bothered?....if he wins another major next year he'll piss it in 2013 anyway...

In fairness it is called Sports Personality of the Year. That probably goes some way to explaining why he didn't win it.

In fairness it is called Sports Personality of the Year. That probably goes some way to explaining why he didn't win it.

:lol:

using an anachronism from the 1950s to beat him with now...

Michael Owen and Nigel Mansell being past winners sort of pisses on your parade though.

Edited by PaddockLad