The NSA Leaks

Happy Face

The National Security Agency has obtained direct access to the systems of Google, Facebook, Apple and other US internet giants, according to a top secret document obtained by the Guardian.

The NSA access is part of a previously undisclosed program called PRISM, which allows officials to collect material including search history, the content of emails, file transfers and live chats, the document says.

The Guardian has verified the authenticity of the document, a 41-slide PowerPoint presentation – classified as top secret with no distribution to foreign allies – which was apparently used to train intelligence operatives on the capabilities of the program. The document claims "collection directly from the servers" of major US service providers.

Although the presentation claims the program is run with the assistance of the companies, all those who responded to a Guardian request for comment on Thursday denied knowledge of any such program.

PRISM-slide-crop-001.jpg

http://www.guardian....giants-nsa-data

It may just be the company line that they deny it...but dunno what's worse...that they gladly accept it or that they had no clue.

I recommend reading the full article. I particularly like this bit...

Some of the world's largest internet brands are claimed to be part of the information-sharing program since its introduction in 2007. Microsoft – which is currently running an advertising campaign with the slogan "Your privacy is our priority" – was the first, with collection beginning in December 2007.

:lol:

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How long have I been saying this? :lol:

Facebook: CIA front company (spyder networks was an idea they came up with in the canteen and took bets on it..)

Gates: Globalist and Microsoft have a special back door for the Nsa and have had for 2 decades.

Google: :lol: Think everyone knows what they have been doing for years now.

Those sat navs btw are work on military satellites and all your movements can be monitored (the only slight saving grace has been cost apparently).

Your mobile is your portable id chip..

The rfid in your passport 'talks' to terminals at airports, it isn't just what comes up on the screen at heathrow (so stop craning your neck to have a look)..;)

What they're working on now is plume..This is a kind of colour coded you...'a halo' that changes colour according to the flagging of your communications for the day..(what you've been doing on the above platforms and calls your making and to what country).

There is a virtual you out there.

Edited by Park Life

:lol: That Powerpoint looks like it was thrown together by an eight year old's school project.

Aye, the folks with top secret clearance clearly aren't keen to bring in techy folks who can make it look less like a website from 1995 for them. :D

When there is a 'reveal' it is always kind of magical or clunky. It's predictive programming at its best...You know those fictions where the graffiks aren't quite right.

I'm not sure what the companies would get out of this arrangement? Have they received any favourable treatment from the US government? It's also improbable that the government has been able to obtain all this data with the companies' participation.

I reckon the Guardian has been had.

Feel sorry for the guy who leaked it when the Guardian gives the Americans his full name and details.

I doubt the Guardian knows who it is. Glenn Greenwald says it is one of his readers who leaked the info direct to him. I can't see him giving them up, so unless the NSA have got to his encrypted mail they should be ok.

It'll be interesting to see what they try to do to Greenwald himself though. He's been a thorn in the side of the last 2 administrations and now they'll REALLY be after him. His connections with the ACLU and other transparency groups and his own experience as a lawyer would make it a great case to observe if they did chase him.

I'm not sure what the companies would get out of this arrangement? Have they received any favourable treatment from the US government? It's also improbable that the government has been able to obtain all this data with the companies' participation.

Of course one week from now this will have 'hoax' written all over it. That's standard. ;)

These aren't companies. These are nodes of the military industrial comlex. They might look and feel like companies but they aren't.

Their first reaction is bound to be denial. They'd have to get agreement from the government to admit the program exists.

There has already been official confirmation of yesterday's revelations about Verizon providing all metadata available to the NSA.

This information comes from the same leaker and writer so you can pretty much be assured it's authentic.

America has been preparing for major civil unrest for a couple of decades now..They are so ready for it they are gagging for it to kick off..Numerous totalitarian laws have been passed under Homeland security apparatus. Think 30,000 odd drones have already been ordered by the various services inc..China has been prepared to take over when America falls...This was all talked about in the 1930's...:lol: Sounds mad donnit? ;)

It's a massive leap though from collect call logs to actually having direct access to the contents of users' emails, facebooks etc.

It'll be interesting to see what becomes of this, surely it should make waves in the US media?

It's a massive leap though from collect call logs to actually having direct access to the contents of users' emails, facebooks etc.

It'll be interesting to see what becomes of this, surely it should make waves in the US media?

It's huge

Top story at...

http://www.foxnews.com/

http://www.cbsnews.com/

http://www.nbcnews.com/

and at http://www.cnn.com/ it's second only to a transgender Navy seal.

:jesuswept:

The media are bought and paid for. Things like the Guardian are an anomaly being a charity an all. This is just funny to me and no surprise whatsoever...The other thing they really like is 'angel' where your digital telly can make ambient/sublimal suggestions in the pixellation. Seem fantastic right?

Ultimately its really boring. Power just wants power.

US National Intelligence official statement on all this...

http://www.dni.gov/index.php/newsroom/press-releases/191-press-releases-2013/868-dni-statement-on-recent-unauthorized-disclosures-of-classified-information

I wonder if they understand that shouting "TERRORISTS!!" does not excuse it. This defence amounts to saying..."you are all presumed to be terrorists, and that assumption of guilt allows this".

The outraged tone in which they complain of inaccuracies is also ridiculous, how can they run this program for 6 years in total secrecy, and then get all bent out of shape that people don't just trust them? When it's revealed what they've been up to? Remarkable stuff.

How long have I been saying this? :lol:

Facebook: CIA front company (spyder networks was an idea they came up with in the canteen and took bets on it..)

Gates: Globalist and Microsoft have a special back door for the Nsa and have had for 2 decades.

Google: :lol: Think everyone knows what they have been doing for years now.

Those sat navs btw are work on military satellites and all your movements can be monitored (the only slight saving grace has been cost apparently).

Your mobile is your portable id chip..

The rfid in your passport 'talks' to terminals at airports, it isn't just what comes up on the screen at heathrow (so stop craning your neck to have a look)..;)

What they're working on now is plume..This is a kind of colour coded you...'a halo' that changes colour according to the flagging of your communications for the day..(what you've been doing on the above platforms and calls your making and to what country).

There is a virtual you out there.

Stick this up on your Facebook and I'll 'like' it for you.

US National Intelligence official statement on all this...

http://www.dni.gov/i...ied-information

I wonder if they understand that shouting "TERRORISTS!!" does not excuse it. This defence amounts to saying..."you are all presumed to be terrorists, and that assumption of guilt allows this".

The outraged tone in which they complain of inaccuracies is also ridiculous, how can they run this program for 6 years in total secrecy, and then get all bent out of shape that people don't just trust them? When it's revealed what they've been up to? Remarkable stuff.

We ARE the terrorists. [/O'Brien]

I care about this, why ???? If they are collecting everything (even this as I type now) that anyone anywhere in the whole world is producing via the social media/computer O/S's etc. in question, even with triggers on buzzwords in search programmes they'd need bazillions of folks employed to go through it. Don't give a shit personally (I'm not a baddy, nowt to hide) they can also stick a drone over my house 24/7/365 for all I care.

I care about this, why ???? If they are collecting everything (even this as I type now) that anyone anywhere in the whole world is producing via the social media/computer O/S's etc. in question, even with triggers on buzzwords in search programmes they'd need bazillions of folks employed to go through it. Don't give a shit personally (I'm not a baddy, nowt to hide) they can also stick a drone over my house 24/7/365 for all I care.

This is at odds with your rootin-tootin-gun-ownership-supportin stance though surely. I thought 'Mer'ca was all about the freedoms for you.