Landline

Christmas Tree

you can dial 0800 from a mobile but it'll normally still charge you

the charge for most call plans are minimal, i've a uk and ireland one for a few quid a month and it gets me free calls to the republic.

but basically it's a bit like sky, the different between paying for sports by itself or sports+everything else is like £3/ phone with no plans or phoneline with evening and weekends ... not enough of a saving to not take it.

0800 0500 free with giff gaff

We've never bothered using our landline since the last phone we had plugged in died a death a few years ago. It lasted surprisingly long for something that cost about £3. Couldn't even tell you what our number is as we haven't used the landline since we moved in about a year and a half ago.

The only 2 people that use my landline are my dad because he has no concept of modern technology and the bairn's daddy who calls him every night at bedtime.

Annoyingly, I've lived in this house for 10 months and I receive calls on a daily basis for "Mr Heald" I'm sick to bloody death of telling them that I have no idea who he is, that he must have had this number from Virgin Media before me and that he's NOT HERE! Despite all this, one thick cow still asked me if she could leave a message for him after I'd told her all that...

We've never bothered using our landline since the last phone we had plugged in died a death a few years ago. It lasted surprisingly long for something that cost about £3. Couldn't even tell you what our number is as we haven't used the landline since we moved in about a year and a half ago.

i wouldnt go giving your number out on here though anyway

The only 2 people that use my landline are my dad because he has no concept of modern technology and the bairn's daddy who calls him every night at bedtime.

Annoyingly, I've lived in this house for 10 months and I receive calls on a daily basis for "Mr Heald" I'm sick to bloody death of telling them that I have no idea who he is, that he must have had this number from Virgin Media before me and that he's NOT HERE! Despite all this, one thick cow still asked me if she could leave a message for him after I'd told her all that...

We've had calls for a Mr. Janice Samuel (yes, "Mr.") for more than four years now. Like you say, some cold callers just cannot grasp the concept. Fortunately the only people who use our landline are the fella's family and they tend to call on Sunday night when they do, so the landline phone literally gets ignored the entire rest of the time. It's daft really.

The wife and mother in law are the only 2 people that ring in either direction on it.

They have a "secret" ring to let them know it's them and then ring again to get an answer.

It's mainly the mother in laws fault. I keep telling her Giff Gaff calls are all free to each other at all times and the line rental is a fraction, but she won't have it.

We sometimes get calls for 'Grainger games' and they seem a bit reluctant to accept we aren't the shop when we tell them. angry-man-on-phone.jpg"Wha you mean this izn Grainja Games? Wha you mean??!!!"

Just take their card details and tell them their game will be delivered in 3-5 days ;)

Just take their card details and tell them their game will be delivered in 3-5 days ;)

A friend of mine had a number one digit away from a local takeaway and her parents would often pretend to take an order. :lol: It was years back so people always re-dialled the number to ring to chase it up (rather than calling the last number dialled on your mobile) so they'd never get the second call where they complained it hadn't showed. :lol: Must've been some very confused and hungry people in the NE12 area.