Bike shops in town

ADP

Any one know anywhere decent in town where I could pick up a second hand bike for cheap? The only place I know of that is Recyke Y'Bike in Byker, though could do with other options if possible. 200 quid budget. Cheers

The problem with Gumtree is a lot of the bikes are nicked. And the coppers can just take it off you if they get a serial number match on a bike that's been reported stolen.

I think if you're spending that sort of price combined with having a quick google of the buyers address then you're fairly safe.

Ie If it was someone on your estate selling it you'd be fairly confident it was legit.

Right so we're restricting him to buying off his neighbours.

No, Gumtree usually lists the street the seller lives on. If it looks rough as a badgers then you can decide not to chance it. If it looks like a decent estate then I think your chances of it being stolen are greatly reduced.

I think if you're spending that sort of price combined with having a quick google of the buyers address then you're fairly safe.Ie If it was someone on your estate selling it you'd be fairly confident it was legit.

What if he's a right bamp?