Favourite sporting books

Tooj

This is coming out soon and is written by Paul Brown who is pretty much the go to author when it comes to Victorian Football in the UK. Think it will be a really good read.

awsfcoversml.png

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is coming out soon and is written by Paul Brown who is pretty much the go to author when it comes to Victorian Football in the UK. Think it will be a really good read.

awsfcoversml.png

Often pick this up when nowt else is on the shelf, pretty much month by month on the early years of the club:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Toon-Complete-Newcastle-Football-ebook/dp/B00CP5BOH6

I like the title of your one, I think I'm right in saying that The Blaydon Races is almost certainly the oldest song still regularly sang at football matches in the UK, which probably means on the planet as well.

• 1 month later...

Been reading this over the last week or so.

he Auteur of Säbener Straße: A Book Review of Perarnau’s Pep Confidential | Bundesliga Fanatic -http://bundesligafanatic.com/book-review-perarnau-pep-confidential/

It's fucking excellent like. Goes into quite a lot of detail on Guardiola's philosophy and his own quest for footballing perfection. For anybody that likes an insight into the tactical side of the game, this is a must.

Aye :lol:

It worked out like that but with players he was using it ended up pretty much all over the shop! It shouldn't have found a balance at all but fucking hell it did.

When reading the book it's really amazing how much attention to detail he puts on things and he actually does a lot of defensive work despite what people think of his teams.

As in his opinion he wants his full-backs as high up as possible so they can nullify any counter attacks by winning the ball back before they get chance to launch it over the top.

So much more of an inventive way of defending than the cretin in charge of us who makes everybody just drop so deep and inviting pressure.

• 4 months later...
Btw I'm a bit late to the party with this, but got given it as a birthday present and started on it yesterday.

51R-qDiLNrL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-stic

Can't put it down so far. Highly recommend it. :up: