Souness - I want six players

Scottish Mag

Unlike me though Leazes, I don't seem to remember you stating Souness had it in for Robert and Bellmay from the off. Have you just twigged onto this? B)

:yes

79405[/snapback]

<<<<< speechless >>>>>>>>>

79408[/snapback]

Are you taking the piss? I've mentioned it several times on this board that I thought this was the case regarding Souness attitude to Robert and Bellamy.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The momentum swing has been negative since we blew the Champions League qualifyer in August 2004. We've had some pleasant little blips since then, but on the whole its been downhill.

We need to to something drastic to get things movung in a positive direction again.

Unlike me though Leazes, I don't seem to remember you stating Souness had it in for Robert and Bellmay from the off. Have you just twigged onto this? B)

79405[/snapback]

79408[/snapback]

Are you taking the piss? I've mentioned it several times on this board that I thought this was the case regarding Souness attitude to Robert and Bellamy.

79409[/snapback]

I said I wasn't taking the piss.......

if you have said this Ok, but the only noticeable poster, to me, thats said what I have said about Souness and Bellamy from day 1 is Renton

Had he spent the Owen and Luque money on perhaps 5 ~£5m players, earned his wages by managing Bellamy and Robert, plus kept hold of Hughes, I reckon we'd be doing pretty well to be honest. That would have given him 6 extra players in the squad to choose from. Egotistical twát never thought of that though, did he?

The man's a wanker, end of. To have spent £50m and then claim we still need 6 players shows just how fcuking incompetent this bloke is.

Still, he has his players and he's been given time, so some people are happy.

In Summer Souness spent £27m on 2 players where he could have bought 5. I'm not complaining about the signing of Owen, as the chance to sign England's best striker doesn't come around often; but you've got to think that strengthening the squad might have been a better idea?

79352[/snapback]

I have been saying exactly that since the moment we bought them both though, was slaughtered in the pub for saying it...

79360[/snapback]

I've been slaughtered in a pub many a time :yes

79363[/snapback]

I'd happily slaughter Souness anywhere. Pub, club, bar, battlefield, name a place and I'll name my fee.

Unlike me though Leazes, I don't seem to remember you stating Souness had it in for Robert and Bellmay from the off. Have you just twigged onto this? :P

79405[/snapback]

79408[/snapback]

79409[/snapback]

if you have said this Ok, but the only noticeable poster, to me, thats said what I have said about Souness and Bellamy from day 1 is Renton

79416[/snapback]

Sorry mate, it was meant to be a bit of a joke, I didn't say it from day one, I said a good while ago that I thought he'd had it in for them (or didn't afford them the 'clean slate') from day one, if you see what I mean. I know you've had it in for Souness from the off, I just meant you didn't make the specific point I made about him having it on for them two (feel free to point out my joke wasn't funny though B) ). Anyway, I've never wanted Souness myself although I confess I sat on the fence initially since I knew we were stuck with him for a while. Perhaps you see that as me backing him, but I never really have in all honesty.

79405[/snapback]

79408[/snapback]

79409[/snapback]

79416[/snapback]

?

Had he spent the Owen and Luque money on perhaps 5 ~£5m players, earned his wages by managing Bellamy and Robert, plus kept hold of Hughes, I reckon we'd be doing pretty well to be honest. That would have given him 6 extra players in the squad to choose from. Egotistical twát never thought of that though, did he?

The man's a wanker, end of. To have spent £50m and then claim we still need 6 players shows just how fcuking incompetent this bloke is.

79417[/snapback]

I can't understand why he never bought Boa Morte tbh, cheaper than Luque and proven in the Premier League. Plus, we'd been tracking him for ages only to stump up £2million more for a player hardly anyone in this country had heard of.

79405[/snapback]

79408[/snapback]

79409[/snapback]

79416[/snapback]

?

79421[/snapback]

??

79405[/snapback]

79408[/snapback]

79409[/snapback]

79416[/snapback]

?

79421[/snapback]

??

79423[/snapback]

????

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

79434[/snapback]

Incorrect, the next one in the sequence should have been 16 ?'s :yes

79435[/snapback]

You're obviously prone to long-winded waffle. One ? was enough.

79446[/snapback]

What did you mean then?

79417[/snapback]

I can't understand why he never bought Boa Morte tbh, cheaper than Luque and proven in the Premier League. Plus, we'd been tracking him for ages only to stump up £2million more for a player hardly anyone in this country had heard of.

79422[/snapback]

Fulham wanted £6m UP FRONT. We wanted to pay it in installments. That's the only reason. The player himself was wanting the move.

That's a joke btw B)

79450[/snapback]

Making jokes on the NUFC forum makes you not a real supporter you know Alex.

79451[/snapback]

I disagree. What a shite attitude, that is.

79453[/snapback]

:yes The irony! It was you that told me I wasn't a real supporter when I make a light-hearted remark you didn't like. Priceless!