Politics

Christmas Tree

Aye but what is he on about? He's not getting a majority, so he HAS to deal with the SNP.

I suspect this:

Ed Miliband says we are not going to do a deal or have a coalition

with the SNP or give into the SNP’s demands on Trident or the deficit.

But he did not rule out a vote by vote arrangement which could see the SNP keeping a minority Labour government on the road. Trident could

get through on the votes of Tory MPs as could deeper cuts than the SNP

want in a Labour budget.

I suspect this:

Ed Miliband says we are not going to do a deal or have a coalition

with the SNP or give into the SNP’s demands on Trident or the deficit.

But he did not rule out a vote by vote arrangement which could see the SNP keeping a minority Labour government on the road. Trident could

get through on the votes of Tory MPs as could deeper cuts than the SNP

want in a Labour budget.

BOOM! He jedi mind-tricked everyone.

Are you one of these people who think Labour can win this election by disowning their economic record?

Ed Milliband was part of Gordon Brown's economic policy circle. If he genuinely thought he couldn't do anything to affect what happened to the UK as a result of the global financial crisis, then what was he even doing in the job?

For me, the deficit was lower than it was during the previous Tory government up until the 2008 crisis. They were behaving responsibly, they were spending in line with what they could afford, but it's become an impossible position to argue sadly. Miliband has stated that the banks should have been better regulated, but I'm personally not convinced that the Tories would have been doing anything differently. Labour were very unfortunate to be holding the torch when the crisis hit, the Tories would have been obliterated for generations without it.

BOOM! He jedi mind-tricked everyone.

But actually, it puts him in a really strong position - the SNP can't effect any damaging influence and the Tories can be used whenever they're actually useful.

Clegg is doing fine. Being honest, more natural than either Ed or Dave, and unlike Ed is actually owning his mistakes and justifying them. There will be no wipeout, they will benefit from knowledgeable tactical voters and their strong local factor. And he's also been the only one of them brave enough to give a big F.U. to a question designed simply to mock him. the other two could barely manage to say, well, obviously I disagree, and even looked like they were weighing up whether to even dare say that. Cleggy is odds on for me to be having a say in who forms the next government.