What sums up Newcastle United for you?

The Fish

Cheers for the answers, I asked because there was a thread like this on RTG, and a notable amount of them mentioned beating us in their answers. Not one of us have mentioned getting a results against the mackems.

So them beating us 'sums their club up?' What about when we beat them? :lol:

I love a derby win as much as most on here and probably more than the ooters who don't have to mix with Mackems or have not been brought up on the rivalry, however the derby does not define this club and never has.

So them beating us 'sums their club up?' What about when we beat them? :lol:

I love a derby win as much as most on here and probably more than the ooters who don't have to mix with Mackems or have not been brought up on the rivalry, however the derby does not define this club and never has.

http://www.readytogo...2#post-16477293

http://www.readytogo...2#post-16477361

http://www.readytogo...3#post-16477524

A yo-yo held by a gormless kid who's all thumbs and can only make it go up & down sums up Newcastle for me.

Up an' doon - up an' doon - up an' doon.

Oh, I didn't drive a car back then it was always me bike.

Edited by Noelie

First game at SJP - 2-2 v Norwich.

2-0 up and flying, ridiculously loud noise from the crowd and then an implosion which gifted a pretty crap team two goals. Think that sums up my experience as a Newcastle fan through and through.

Also seeing Smith score a header and his only NUFC goal v Sampdoria and thinking he might be a decent signing after all. :lol:

Coming out of Wembley after the Charity Shield in 96 - we deserved to lose but I thought 2-0 was about right - then they hammered two very late goals and about 20 yards outside the exit the heavens opened up for a biblical monsoon. I'm an Atheist fundamentalist but for 10 seconds I was 100% sure God existed and he a cunt.

On the positive side the Derby Co/Coddington 4-1 was probably the proudest I've ever been and that Pompey game was proably the best atmosphere I've been involved with - I guess these two probably sum it all up - bloody-minded defiance in the face of adversity and/or minor triumphs.

I suppose I lose a couple of points for saying I get what Fish says about the Mackem response and I don't define it as summing us up but my favourite moment is still O'Brien's free kick.

Coming out of Wembley after the Charity Shield in 96 - we deserved to lose but I thought 2-0 was about right - then they hammered two very late goals and about 20 yards outside the exit the heavens opened up for a biblical monsoon. I'm an Atheist fundamentalist but for 10 seconds I was 100% sure God existed and he a cunt.

On the positive side the Derby Co/Coddington 4-1 was probably the proudest I've ever been and that Pompey game was proably the best atmosphere I've been involved with - I guess these two probably sum it all up - bloody-minded defiance in the face of adversity and/or minor triumphs.

I suppose I lose a couple of points for saying I get what Fish says about the Mackem response and I don't define it as summing us up but my favourite moment is still O'Brien's free kick.

Nah mate, that's your favourite moment, it doesn't sum up Newcastle.

You're still in the black.