Complain to the BBC

Kevin Carr's Gloves

It may not be 'propaganda', but it is making excuses for Souness, yes. Don't you think that Souness is responsible for our appalling defence? Well, Lawrenson doesn't - basically, he says that it's not Souness' fault because we've always had a bad defence. Nonsense.

80569[/snapback]

He may have said that initially and surely he had a point, no? He isn't saying it now though and hasn't for a while. The fact he has criticised Souness's signing - Boumsong - proves this imo.

80572[/snapback]

Lawrenson apologist tbh.

80575[/snapback]

:rolleyes: Do you disagree though?

80577[/snapback]

I think Lawrenson and Hansen are blatantly sticking up for Souness because they're his mates, yes.

80578[/snapback]

Even when they have a go at Boumsong and the defence?

80580[/snapback]

Lawrenson having a go at Boumsong doesn't mean that he (and Hansen especially) aren't making excuses for Souness in general.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It may not be 'propaganda', but it is making excuses for Souness, yes. Don't you think that Souness is responsible for our appalling defence? Well, Lawrenson doesn't - basically, he says that it's not Souness' fault because we've always had a bad defence. Nonsense.

80569[/snapback]

He may have said that initially and surely he had a point, no? He isn't saying it now though and hasn't for a while. The fact he has criticised Souness's signing - Boumsong - proves this imo.

80572[/snapback]

Lawrenson apologist tbh.

80575[/snapback]

80577[/snapback]

I think Lawrenson and Hansen are blatantly sticking up for Souness because they're his mates, yes.

80578[/snapback]

80580[/snapback]

Come on Alex, how could he not criticize Boumsong? Even Goebbels would have difficulty with that one. The tone of Lawrenson is still that Newcastle have injuries, and Souness needs more time/money though. He's never been properly criticized for his gross incompetence as far as I can remember.

80584[/snapback]

Come on what? I accept they've been pro-Souness in the past but are you agreeing with Bombadil that when they've had a go at the defence and specifically Boumsong, they are putting forth pro-Souness propaganda? That's the point I'm arguing against. I don't understand how it's the case.

Come on Alex, how could he not criticize Boumsong? Even Goebbels would have difficulty with that one. The tone of Lawrenson is still that Newcastle have injuries, and Souness needs more time/money though. He's never been properly criticized for his gross incompetence as far as I can remember.

80584[/snapback]

I do reviews for mates at work and give them a glowing report when they spend more time on here than doing actual work. Lawro is helping a mate out, fair do's. His 2 minutes of debate about Newcastle on a Saturday night is NOT keeping Souness in a job though.

If Lawro came out and gave him a slagging Cascarino style would he be straight out the door? I think not. You need Shearer to slag him off.

80569[/snapback]

80572[/snapback]

Lawrenson apologist tbh.

80575[/snapback]

80577[/snapback]

80578[/snapback]

80580[/snapback]

Lawrenson having a go at Boumsong doesn't mean that he (and Hansen especially) aren't making excuses for Souness in general.

80588[/snapback]

See above.

Come on what? I accept they've been pro-Souness in the past but are you agreeing with Bombadil that when they've had a go at the defence and specifically Boumsong, they are putting forth pro-Souness propaganda? That's the point I'm arguing against. I don't understand how it's the case.

80591[/snapback]

I think maybe the point is that instead of aiming the blame at the central defenders it would be easier, and more obvious, to aim the blame at the manager who is putting them under so much pressure for 90 minutes by having no plan of attack and just trying to soak up pressure for the whole match. That's obvious to anyone who watches us who knows a bit about football, that's obvious to Lawrenson and Hansen, so why don't they say it?

80591[/snapback]

I think maybe the point is that instead of aiming the blame at the central defenders it would be easier, and more obvious, to aim the blame at the manager who is putting them under so much pressure for 90 minutes by having no plan of attack and just trying to soak up pressure for the whole match. That's obvious to anyone who watches us who knows a bit about football, that's obvious to Lawrenson and Hansen, so why don't they say it?

80598[/snapback]

OK, I can accept that.

80591[/snapback]

I see where you're coming from now, so - no, I don't think having a go at Boumsong and our current defence is putting forth pro-Souness propaganda. I never said that though. What I said is that blaming our poor defence on 'historical reasons' is 1) nonsense and 2) making excuses for Souness. Saying we've always had a bad defence shouldn't excuse Souness from being the one responsible for our current defence. Basically that's what Lawrenson says though.

80591[/snapback]

80598[/snapback]

Good point, yes.

80591[/snapback]

80598[/snapback]

Good point, yes.

80605[/snapback]

Shame it wasn't the one you were trying to make :yes

:rolleyes:

80591[/snapback]

I see where you're coming from now, so - no, I don't think having a go at Boumsong and our current defence is putting forth pro-Souness propaganda. I never said that though. What I said is that blaming our poor defence on 'historical reasons' is 1) nonsense and 2) making excuses for Souness. Saying we've always had a bad defence shouldn't excuse Souness from being the one responsible for our current defence. Basically that's what Lawrenson says though.

80604[/snapback]

OK, I think we're in agreement then :rolleyes:

Blaming the defence is the easy boring option that has been aimed at us for the last 10 years by pundits who never watch us. I personally don't think our defence is that bad, I feel sorry for both Boumsong and Bramble tbh. The over hyping of Taylor (a good player but not as Zico Hughes as some fans would lead you to believe) and the fact we can't keep the ball for longer than a minute means they've had extra pressure on them. It's not our defence that is the main problem at NUFC, it's the fact we're a tactically clueless team with no firepower when Owen is out. Again, this isn't highlighted because according to the BBC, the man up front for us is still World Class. That'll be the man with the BBC contract by the way.

Blaming the defence is the easy boring option that has been aimed at us for the last 10 years by pundits who never watch us. I personally don't think our defence is that bad, I feel sorry for both Boumsong and Bramble tbh. The over hyping of Taylor (a good player but not as Zico Hughes as some fans would lead you to believe) and the fact we can't keep the ball for longer than a minute means they've had extra pressure on them. It's not our defence that is the main problem at NUFC, it's the fact we're a tactically clueless team with no firepower when Owen is out. Again, this isn't highlighted because according to the BBC, the man up front for us is still World Class. That'll be the man with the BBC contract by the way.

80609[/snapback]

GREAT post! :rolleyes:

I've mentioned before that the lack of movement, the poor football we play and in particular the lack of goals put pressure on our defence. I still think we'll win fuck all with the likes of Bramble and Boumsong at centre-half though, even if we sort out the other areas of the team.

80609[/snapback]

GREAT post! :rolleyes:

80613[/snapback]

I don't go off on one very often so don't mock me bitch! :yes

ANOTHER THING...if anyone needs reminding just how out of touch BBC pundits are, see Garth Crooks on MOTD after the mackem game waxing lyrical about how good a player Ameobi is and how he's been class for a few seasons now. JESUS WEPT!

*inhale....exhale....inhale....exhale*

Better. :o

Unbelievable that Lawrenson still peddles the "this Newcastle team only knows how to play one way - attacking" line.  We've looked clueless in attack for a good two or three seasons now.

80614[/snapback]

That Chelsea dossier on us was much the same, either the scouts are watching old highlights or it's bogus!

Once again proving my other posts about certain fans being  :rolleyes: and preferring to slag off those of us trying to do something. Yes a one off phone call probably wont do anything. Which is why (enter whatever derogatory name you want here) I put the phone number on the post. So people could try and do something too. But no you and your  :yes mate just like having a go at others to hide your own inadequacies.

80553[/snapback]

Fine, I'm still at a loss as to what good it would do Newcastle, even if it were to succeed. Perhaps I shouldn't have had a go at you for doing it but surely you can't blame others for not following suit when it will make absolutely no difference to the plight of NUFC. I might add resorting to calling people a wanker reveals the inadequecy of your frail argument.

80563[/snapback]

I am not having a go at people for doing nothing I am having a go at people slagging off those who want to do something.

Edited by Kevin Carr's Gloves

Once again proving my other posts about certain fans being  :rolleyes: and preferring to slag off those of us trying to do something. Yes a one off phone call probably wont do anything. Which is why (enter whatever derogatory name you want here) I put the phone number on the post. So people could try and do something too. But no you and your  :yes mate just like having a go at others to hide your own inadequacies.

80553[/snapback]

Fine, I'm still at a loss as to what good it would do Newcastle, even if it were to succeed. Perhaps I shouldn't have had a go at you for doing it but surely you can't blame others for not following suit when it will make absolutely no difference to the plight of NUFC. I might add resorting to calling people a wanker reveals the inadequecy of your frail argument.

80563[/snapback]

I am not having a go at people for doing nothing I am having a go at people slagging off those who want to do something.

80625[/snapback]

I'm sorry for having a go then.

80609[/snapback]

GREAT post! :yes

80613[/snapback]

I don't go off on one very often so don't mock me bitch! :o

ANOTHER THING...if anyone needs reminding just how out of touch BBC pundits are, see Garth Crooks on MOTD after the mackem game waxing lyrical about how good a player Ameobi is and how he's been class for a few seasons now. JESUS WEPT!

*inhale....exhale....inhale....exhale*

Better. ;)

80622[/snapback]

:rolleyes: I was agreeing, but anything I'd said along those lines would be interpreted as "GREAT post!", so I cut out the middle man.

80553[/snapback]

80563[/snapback]

80625[/snapback]

I'm sorry for having a go then.

80627[/snapback]

Cool then I withdraw my emoticon.

My mate Souey

TBH

On MOTD on Saturday night he said the same thing, that Souness is close to the sack if results don't pick up but blames this on injuries rather than coaching. Top 6 if everyone is fit?  :huh:

83820[/snapback]

Not surprising coming from the man who said that "Newcastle's stunning transformation is a huge credit to manager Graeme Souness - and perhaps it is time for some of his critics to eat humble pie." (Souness critics must eat humble pie).

Stunning transformation indeed!

Our defence is better than the likes of Sunderland but I don't see our old friend Lawro making observations about their defence - with us it's a simple "we all know they cannot defend." Our defence has been the but of many footballing jokes, and it's become pretty easy to make jokes when you see the likes of Bramble making a mistake, that our former world-class defender Distin has been making countless times for the last couple of months.

Our defence is better than the likes of Sunderland but I don't see our old friend Lawro making observations about their defence - with us it's a simple "we all know they cannot defend." Our defence has been the but of many footballing jokes, and it's become pretty easy to make jokes when you see the likes of Bramble making a mistake, that our former world-class defender Distin has been making countless times for the last couple of months.

84014[/snapback]

Distin wasnt up to it either tbh.