Safe from Relegation

Rob W

Any chance of a breakdown of money in to the club since Ashley took it on HF ? i.e. tv money, shirt sales,premiership finish, advertising (i know) without including transfer money please. Just i'd be interested to know how much has come in and why nothing or very little's been paid off the neverending loan.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In terms of earned money leaving the club, there's little to criticise Ashley for.

He made the £29m loan to subsidise relegation repayable within 1 year when he could have added it to the interest free £111m already in place. He didn't demand it within a year though and kept rolling it over until the club could afford it. This left the club £30m short on what it could have spent on the pitch these past 4 years, which has been a pain, but he's a businessman not looking to spend his own money, like the Glazers and Shepherd and that. He's not having fun and trying to build a dynasty like Mansour or Abramovic.

Date published at companieshouse.gov.uk

11/03/2014 GROUP OF COMPANIES' ACCOUNTS MADE UP TO 30/06/13

08/04/2013 GROUP OF COMPANIES' ACCOUNTS MADE UP TO 30/06/12

13/03/2012 GROUP OF COMPANIES' ACCOUNTS MADE UP TO 30/06/11

01/04/2011 GROUP OF COMPANIES' ACCOUNTS MADE UP TO 30/06/10

..so still a few weeks until we're past all the last few dates, but aye, they're normally announced to the press by now.
My guess is the club are understaffed due to cost cutting so the filing has been sat in a "to do" pile somewhere for ages :D