survival sunday™ - Newcastle crowned North East Top Dogs™ for the 4th year in a row!

Green's career thus far is the product of his own choices, ergo you arguing his choices should have no bearing on his future career would appear to be one of those logical fallacies you hate so much. You're entitled to believe he performed well this season, and no doubt that can be proven with one set of OPTA stats, while ignoring others. I'm sure there's no reasoned reply to that which you'd accept, and I'm sure we'll never see you explain how an OPTA based performance pay scheme would work in enough detail to critique it. I'm sure if he's played as well as you think he did, he'll soon be joining another PL club, although it will be interesting to see which one, given there's nobody in the bottom half really chucking any money around this time, except perhaps West Ham, who undoubtedly wouldn't want him back.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This image is white.

102005.jpg

Have at it. :jesuswept:

Nah its not, because of some other completely irrelevant point. Also I believe that up is in fact, down. So there.

Green's career thus far is the product of his own choices, ergo you arguing his choices should have no bearing on his future career would appear to be one of those logical fallacies you hate so much. You're entitled to believe he performed well this season, and no doubt that can be proven with one set of OPTA stats, while ignoring others. I'm sure there's no reasoned reply to that which you'd accept, and I'm sure we'll never see you explain how an OPTA based performance pay scheme would work in enough detail to critique it. I'm sure if he's played as well as you think he did, he'll soon be joining another PL club, although it will be interesting to see which one, given there's nobody in the bottom half really chucking any money around this time, except perhaps West Ham, who undoubtedly wouldn't want him back.

You're now deliberately missing the point re: Green.

You're boring me now Mako, but I'll try again, out of charity.

Player X performs well all season, Team X still conspire to finish 18th because of failures top -down, from boardroom to backroom, financier to fullback, and are relegated.

Your rule would unlawfully, unworkably and unfairly punish Player X

Justify yourself fuckface

Because the scenarios where Player X is blameless offered up so far have been piss poor weak. This is why you fail to hear me whenever I ask for some evidence to back up your theories, just like you just failed to hear me about your OPTA performance related pay plan. You don't so much fail to get my points, as deliberately sidestep them, when it's convenient. That's what is tedious about debating with you.

Are you actually joking? You still won't admit your dumb idea is dumb?

Ok, how's this, Green, Ings, Austin, all consistently produced good performances in the Premier League and your unlawful, unworkable and unfair rule would restrict their free movement.

There, as fucking simple as it's possible to be without using crayons and flash cards.

I will also get round to demolishing your constructed strawmen eventually, but I'd rather focus on one idiotic thing at a time.

That's you providing evidence? Simply restating what you said? Fucking hell man, and you call me obtuse. I didn't ask you to put your theories into simpler language - they weren't exactly indecipherable before, no matter how many times you claimed I missed the point.

Evidence? Evidence of what? Of players who've performed well and who shouldn't have their movement restricted by your retarded plan? I gave you three, you moronic lovechild of Baldrick & Baldrick's stupider cousin Lee.

Hay

Zeus

Christo

Also, as its your fucking plan, shouldn't the burden of proving its worth lie with you?

My performance related (which needn't be restricted to OPTA stats, despite your strawman to the contrary) is workable, legal and fair.

You're clearly just a stubborn gobshite.

Let's have a little respect here, Fish.

This is a self-crowned genius you're dissing.

Was I this annoying when I was in 1st yr of Uni?

OK, I suppose it's no surprise you returned to simple restatement. I've had a look for some evidence myself, and it appears that Chelsea thought Green played well enough to earn their backup spot. Not exactly high praise for a proven PL keeper who is nowhere near retirement age, but it's the best I could find to back up your theory that he deserves another chance in the PL. It is all couched in the language of the summer transfer window however, inserted as a factoid in an interview given by him, so I guess we'll see next season whether this supposed interest is merely the product of his agent, who will undoubtedly lose out if the more likely option pans out. It's quite funny to read the interview, I recommend it - he's got a quite deluded view of their collective performance over the season (they tired their hardest in 99% of games! they only had 4 bad performces!), which unsurprisingly won't be found being replicated by any serious analyst, because it's bonkers.

On the other issue, now you're back tracking from the OPTA angle, let's hear what excuse you'll offer up this time around for not being able to explain in any detail how the non-stats based part of your proposed performance related plan would work.

OK, I suppose it's no surprise you returned to simple restatement. I've had a look for some evidence myself, and it appears that Chelsea thought Green played well enough to earn their backup spot. Not exactly high praise for a proven PL keeper who is nowhere near retirement age, but it's the best I could find to back up your theory that he deserves another chance in the PL. It is all couched in the language of the summer transfer window however, inserted as a factoid in an interview given by him, so I guess we'll see next season whether this supposed interest is merely the product of his agent, who will undoubtedly lose out if the more likely option pans out. It's quite funny to read the interview, I recommend it - he's got a quite deluded view of their collective performance over the season (they tired their hardest in 99% of games! they only had 4 bad performces!), which unsurprisingly won't be found being replicated by any serious analyst, because it's bonkers.

On the other issue, now you're back tracking from the OPTA angle, let's hear what excuse you'll offer up this time around for not being able to explain in any detail how the non-stats based part of your proposed performance related plan would work.

You have spectacularly avoided the point once again. Your first paragraph doesn't come up with anything to refute my assertion that Ings, Austin and Green played sufficiently well to deserve another season in the Premier League. Rather than answer that, you agree that Chelsea want him as a back-up (no slight as their current back-up is Peter Cech) which, in fact, supports my statement.

You're yet to respond to my statement that; "Your rule is unlawful, unworkable, and unfair." either. I suppose it's because you have no answer and would rather attempt to steer the conversation away from you justifying yourself, in favour of me expanding on my idea. No surprise as you find it far easier to scrutinise others' ideas, rather than answer scrutiny of your own.

Oh and you're a boring cunt :good: