Feminazis

Park Life

Just found out about the Greer thing at Cardiff Uni.

Obviously, Greer should not be censored just because her ideas may cause offence. However, I do kind of enjoy it that the militant feminists are starting to cannibalise their own.

This is the manifestation of the modern notion that every 'idea' is an avenue toward causing offence. It's the ridiculousness of reducto ad absurdum practised entirely without irony. Professional offence takers are attempting to kill freedom of expression. They misrepresent arguments, aggressively avoid dialogue, and attempt to censor by way of accusations of bigotry. The discussion in the Saudi thread is an example of this crap.

There is nothing wrong with the core of feminist ideas. It's about equality. Every society should strive for equality.

The notion of feminism, however, has been hijacked by fuckwits. Every nobly intentioned minority group is suffering the same fate. The atheist community, for example, suffers from the same infiltration of left-wing regressive nutjobs. This forum has HF. ;) It's everywhere.

Anyway, my main concern is that, in the end (tinhat on), governments will use this bullshit to justify further censorship of the media, and, especially, the internet.

I knew a girl at university that thought the term history should be banned, apparently it should be personstory. It never even occurred to me the his part of the word referred to gender. She took offence at fucking everything. Pretty lass too but had hairy arm pits and legs. Anyway, she was obviously ahead of the curve cos this was 25 years ago.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just found out about the Greer thing at Cardiff Uni.

Obviously, Greer should not be censored just because her ideas may cause offence. However, I do kind of enjoy it that the militant feminists are starting to cannibalise their own.

This is the manifestation of the modern notion that every 'idea' is an avenue toward causing offence. It's the ridiculousness of reducto ad absurdum practised entirely without irony. Professional offence takers are attempting to kill freedom of expression. They misrepresent arguments, aggressively avoid dialogue, and attempt to censor by way of accusations of bigotry. The discussion in the Saudi thread is an example of this crap.

There is nothing wrong with the core of feminist ideas. It's about equality. Every society should strive for equality.

The notion of feminism, however, has been hijacked by fuckwits. Every nobly intentioned minority group is suffering the same fate. The atheist community, for example, suffers from the same infiltration of left-wing regressive nutjobs. This forum has HF. ;) It's everywhere.

Anyway, my main concern is that, in the end (tinhat on), governments will use this bullshit to justify further censorship of the media, and, especially, the internet.

:lol:

So what you're saying is fuckwits are stifling speech with name-calling? Nutjobs censor with accusations of personality disorders?

giphy.gif

No. That's not what I'm saying.

Shall we move on to avoiding dialogue? Or go straight to you calling me a racist/sexist/islamophobe?

You're allowed to with a safety wink eh.

I never called anyone racist/islamophobic in the Saudi thread either btw :)

[emoji38]

I'm not even sure there's much point arguing with someone who, by their own admission, doesn't understand the topic.

Here I am begging for a dialogue, opening the debate, wanting to learn, and understand your perspective, and you shut it down.

I wasn't fussed really, but you stepped to me :D

Here I am begging for a dialogue, opening the debate, wanting to learn, and understand your perspective, and you shut it down.

I wasn't fussed really, but you stepped to me :D

You have a funny way of attempting to engage in a discussion.

:lol:

So what you're saying is fuckwits are stifling speech with name-calling? Nutjobs censor with accusations of personality disorders?

giphy.gif

This is a sincere request to engage in dialogue, huh? Yeah, right. :lol:

Come on, HF. If you want to attempt to take the high ground you need to remember what you've said.

Fwiw, I think HF is a good guy. I enjoy his articles that he posts on here non-stop. ;)

HF: My original point was that criticism of ideas is a good thing, yet debate about sensitive topics is increasingly difficult to find. I feel like the expression of balanced opinion is being drowned out by 'social-justice warriors', who, in lieu of adopting a defensible position of their own, deflect and run interference with low-brow bullshit.

I'm not saying that's what you do/did in the Saudi thread. I was joking.

We cool?