Clark signs on..

Scottish Mag

Newcastle have handed former star Lee Clark a short-term deal at St James' Park.

Clark has penned a one-month deal with The Magpies after impressing in training.

The 32-year-old has been without a club since leaving Fulham earlier this summer.

Clark spent eight years at Newcastle after coming through the youth ranks, before he moved on to local rivals Sunderland.

The talented midfielder will help out with the reserve team, as well as being available for the first team, and Clark is delighted to return to his boyhood heroes.

"I've signed a short-term deal initially, but hopefully I'll be able to extend that," Clark told the club's official website.

"It was disappointing the way things worked out at Fulham. I was captain down there, but they decided to trim the wage bill and unfortunately they couldn't offer me anything.

"I enjoyed my time at Fulham, and after that there were a couple of offers here and there from different clubs when I was released.

"But once the opportunity came along at Newcastle, obviously it was something that I couldn't turn down."

Newcastle have handed former star Lee Clark a short-term deal at St James' Park.

Clark has penned a one-month deal with The Magpies after impressing in training.

The 32-year-old has been without a club since leaving Fulham earlier this summer.

Clark spent eight years at Newcastle after coming through the youth ranks, before he moved on to local rivals Sunderland.

The talented midfielder will help out with the reserve team, as well as being available for the first team, and Clark is delighted to return to his boyhood heroes.

"I've signed a short-term deal initially, but hopefully I'll be able to extend that," Clark told the club's official website.

"It was disappointing the way things worked out at Fulham. I was captain down there, but they decided to trim the wage bill and unfortunately they couldn't offer me anything.

"I enjoyed my time at Fulham, and after that there were a couple of offers here and there from different clubs when I was released.

"But once the opportunity came along at Newcastle, obviously it was something that I couldn't turn down."

6422[/snapback]

as long as he isnt costing us very much I cant see any problems with this. Its been pretty evident that at present we just need numbers to make up a full squad, we can worry about getting the quality in later :lol:

6422[/snapback]

Fat Fred will be soon be announcing the new candidates for the next geordie managers course