The Labour Party

Park Life

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scots would be in. It would wipe out the SNP. :D

In fact the more I think about it the more it looks like genius. ;)

Labour would have a cause instead of all this austerity lite nonsense and everyone else would shit their pants.

Edited by Park Life

I'd put rejoining the EU in the manifesto. The UKIP defectors aren't coming back to Labour anyway and this tactic will put back into the game for Labour all the Remainers of whatever allegiance. Around this Labour can campaign on a true internationalist and inclusive platform. It has the added benefit of re-connecting with the strong social contract of the EU, ECJ, ECHR. This posits the Tories and their loony wing as the enemy and puts to bed most of the infighting in Labour.

Would need a new leader obviously. *

You're assuming that the EU would want us back. The last thing they want is a country yoyoing in and out of the union depending on who is in power.

Don't have a problem with that. However, this is more a case of signing up, voting in a fucking car crash of a leader then leaving again after alienating the people who been activists for years.

Don't have a problem with that. However, this is more a case of signing up, voting in a fucking car crash of a leader then leaving again after alienating the people who been activists for years.

I'd agree if that's all there was to it (I remain a member fwiw). But if they're leaving because of Brexit or because Corbyn isn't performing in the way they wanted, surely that's acceptable? Corbyn hasn't worked out at all, but it's not like any of them would know he wouldn't going into it. Even at the second time he was voted in, the PLP had done such a shit job at winning people over across the previous year that it was totally fair to put the party's woes down to that. And I still think that got us halfway to where we are.

Call them naive if you like, but I don't think they did anything wrong by rallying behind someone who they genuinely thought could offer positive change.

Edited by Rayvin

Fwiw the original comment wasn't aimed at you because I didin't even know you were a member.

Revealing that makes your position even more ridiculous however given you've already stated you wouldn't even vote for the party in an election :lol: :lol: :lol: Fucking priceless tbh

Are you sure I didn't say that I wouldn't vote for them once they'd ousted Corbyn? Because, as I've said before, my membership is contingent on them putting forward policies I agree with. As does my vote. If they replace him and I still agree with the policies, I'll vote for them. If not, both my vote and membership go.

If I've ever said that I have no intention of voting for them while Corbyn was in charge, then I either misspoke or was high or something. I don't remember it though.

Too principled to vote for them, too principled to stop paying £48 a year to be a member.

Well as I say, I can't remember saying it. It's certainly not a position I feel I hold presently so I can't imagine holding it previously. At best I've just said something ridiculous in the heat of the moment :D (but I'd be interested to see the post).