Jump to content

Nintendo Switch


Ayatollah Hermione
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Rayvin said:

Theyll get all that onto the switch in the end though IMO. That said you can probably pick up a Wii u for a tenner these days.

If Bomberman didn't have such disappointing ratings I'd just get a Switch now but I can always buy one in 6 months if they allow the games I mentioned to be downloaded digitally or ported.

 

4 hours ago, Andrew said:

That's definitely a mistake.

I'm defo still in decision mode and easily talked in/out of it.  Keep in mind I'm only interested in this for local multiplayer with the girlfriend preferably with the games mentioned above (but obviously if there are games of a similar ilk that's fine too).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, adios said:

If Bomberman didn't have such disappointing ratings I'd just get a Switch now but I can always buy one in 6 months if they allow the games I mentioned to be downloaded digitally or ported.

 

I'm defo still in decision mode and easily talked in/out of it.  Keep in mind I'm only interested in this for local multiplayer with the girlfriend preferably with the games mentioned above (but obviously if there are games of a similar ilk that's fine too).

 

You can make multiplayer work on the portable version of the same ;) Just saying.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm actually surprised at the 3rd party support, considering how barren the WiiU was. You could have bought a Switch at release and had one very good downloadable title bought per week. Granted, it's lagging behind the PS4 and Xbox One due to its release date but you have the heavy hitters like Rocket League and Stardew Valley and the latter is at a better advantage since that's the perfect portable game.

 

Also, Ocarina of Time is still fine but knowing that game inside out helps it a lot; I can't imagine playing it with fresh eyes and trying to traverse around. Star Fox 64 still holds up as a shit hot game though. I imagine the Virtual Console will get filled out but knowing Nintendo, they'll make it so your past purchases don't cross over and yes, I will buy Star Fox 64 despite being able to emulate it easily.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

How many of these shrines involve the motion controls because good fuck, they are the most unintuitive I've ever handled in my life. That's using the controller grip and the tablet itself. Which way is up? That's literally all it has to tell me but I can do the same thing twice and have two different results.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

From memory, it might be relative to the starting position of whatever you're rotating. Sometimes I had to 360 the whole tablet around to get the desired result. I did think it made sense, but it was almost too much for the human mind to handle at times.

 

Anyway, I think less than 10.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

It has Rocket League. Seriously, I know I harp on about this game all the time but if you don't have it on another format you'll get plenty of enjoyment out of it.

 

Also Skyrim if you didn't play that first time around.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I will have a look at getting one soon I think. I fancy that splatoon game as well. This Zelda is the only one I’ve never played. 

 

I finished Skyrim on the PC first time round, and not really interested in rocket league, sorry rayvin 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, strawb said:

I will have a look at getting one soon I think. I fancy that splatoon game as well. This Zelda is the only one I’ve never played. 

 

I finished Skyrim on the PC first time round, and not really interested in rocket league, sorry rayvin 

 

Fair enough - I've never been sold on splatoon mind. If you didn't have a Wii U there is also Mario Kart - but it's a rehash so only worth the money if you didn't have it previously.

 

10 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Everyone who is decent at Rocket League has been playing it for 3 year, you'll get your arse bashed. All of the Nintendo titles have been good standard so far, as far as I can tell. Just dipping into Mario now and finding that absolutely fantastic, as expected.

 

I think the matchmaking in RL prevents you from "getting your arse bashed" - there's no way you should be up against people who have been playing for years. Unfortunately though, the low ranking communities are toxic as fuck, so idk how enjoyable it is down there anymore.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Rayvin said:

 

I think the matchmaking in RL prevents you from "getting your arse bashed" - there's no way you should be up against people who have been playing for years. Unfortunately though, the low ranking communities are toxic as fuck, so idk how enjoyable it is down there anymore.

2

Unless you team up with people who've been playing for years.  That was quite an experience! :lol:  

 

Finally got around to getting a new controller (XBone) so will be running drills again soon.

 

I see that toxicity in poker too btw.  Unbelievable what people say to each other when I sweat a friend at lower limits.  There's defo an inverse correlation between shit talking and ability.

 

Z1r0RE1.gif

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, adios said:

Unless you team up with people who've been playing for years.  That was quite an experience! :lol:  

 

Finally got around to getting a new controller (XBone) so will be running drills again soon.

 

I see that toxicity in poker too btw.  Unbelievable what people say to each other when I sweat a friend at lower limits.  There's defo an inverse correlation between shit talking and ability.

 

Z1r0RE1.gif

 

 

:lol: You did well in those games, although it was all defending from us. Intense shit. Nice anyway, they've added a few new cars and stuff this season. Classic Batmobile for one...

 

And yeah idk what it is. Toxic players are intensely annoying in all games, even if they're on your team, and it definitely does happen further down the skill levels. I'm obviously expecting you to be one of the worst offenders in RL ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Got one today, traded in my Wii U and some games and paid £106 for a boxed one at CEX.

 

Playing Golf Story now, got Stardew Valley as well and will be getting Zelda off a mate to play again on Tuesday.

 

YAAAAAAYYYY

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.