Salary Caps for Teams

Mayor Steve

I don't see how the EPL couldn't have a salary cap for each club. What the EPL does should have no bearing on the leagues in other countries and I don't see how it would violate any labor laws, of course my knowledege of European labor law is next to zero. It could be implemented just like major league baseball if your first team salaries are over a certain limit, you pay a luxury tax that is distributed to all the other teams that are at or under the cap. Simple enough really. I don't know food for thought.

98286[/snapback]

Ah the American way > the right way.

Hey look there's that funny country Iraq, they don't want to follow our ways, let's bomb the fuck out of them.

The premier league better watch themselves B)

98294[/snapback]

There is no need to get nasty. I didn't say it was the right way, just one way.

98431[/snapback]

Take no notice, he's Australian ;)

98435[/snapback]

Not that you would know it at the moment, this place seems more and more like the 52nd state ot the good old US of A everyday.

98966[/snapback]

I take it you mean the 51st state as there are only 50. Unless you are counting Australia as 51 and England as 52. :blush:

I take it you mean the 51st state as there are only 50. Unless you are counting Australia as 51 and England as 52.  ;)

98984[/snapback]

No I mean the 52nd. The the have already claimed the UK as the 51st state, so thus we are next.

Don't forget Iraq 53rd and soon to be Iran 54th.

Sorry steve I know it's not your fault but it just a little out of control at the moment, don't you think?

I take it you mean the 51st state as there are only 50. Unless you are counting Australia as 51 and England as 52.  ;)

98984[/snapback]

No I mean the 52nd. The the have already claimed the UK as the 51st state, so thus we are next.

Sorry steve I know it's not your fault but it just a little out of control at the moment, don't you think?

98994[/snapback]

Talk about stating the obvious. Don't forget about 50% don't agree with the shit that is going on in the US.

Anyhow, before you get on yer high horse, Australia has its bomb hunting dolphin squad and other soldiers in Iraq, not so (750 men)? And the UK has about 10,000 troops.

People in glass houses and all that......

On the topic of salary caps etc, it could work if it were UEFA wide I feel. I think players outside of UEFA area would still come and play, as even with caps the salaries earned would still be higher than in the likes of Brazil & Argentina.

Also, salary caps would force teams to use the academy set up more widely, to bring through youngsters, as well as buying lower league players.

I think it could work....

Edited by NewJerseyMag

98984[/snapback]

98994[/snapback]

Talk about stating the obvious. Don't forget about 50% don't agree with the shit that is going on in the US.

Anyhow, before you get on yer high horse, Australia has its bomb hunting dolphin squad and other soldiers in Iraq, not so (750 men)? And the UK has about 10,000 troops.

On the topic of salary caps etc, it could work if it were UEFA wide I feel. I think players outside of UEFA area would still come and play, as even with caps the salaries earned would still be higher than in the likes of Brazil & Argentina.

Also, salary caps would force teams to use the academy set up more widely, to bring through youngsters, as well as buying lower league players.

99022[/snapback]

I know that, actually I have a mate who was there as part of the bomb disposal squad. He thought he was invincible before he went, he knows he's not now.

As for the glass house comment, remember who put us there and why. Politicians of smaller countries/economies (and this includes the UK now - Royal Britannia ruling the waves no longer exists) will always support their meal ticket, especially when it is run by a vindictive little man.

Look, like the states, they have salary caps on all the football codes here but they get around it by providing extras (housing/cars/credit cards) or by "employing" them and paying them a wage for their extra contribution. There are ways around it and clubs like Chelsea with extra funds will still come out on top.

Back to Bush:

bushposter2.jpg
Edited by sammynb

98984[/snapback]

98994[/snapback]

99022[/snapback]

I know that, actually I have a mate who was there as part of the bomb disposal squad. He thought he was invincible before he went, he knows he's not now.

As for the glass house comment, remember who put us there and why. Politicians of smaller countries/economies (and this includes the UK now - Royal Britannia ruling the waves no longer exists) will always support their meal ticket, especially when it is run by a vindictive little man.

Look, like the states, they have salary caps on all the football codes here but they get around it by providing extras (housing/cars/credit cards) or by "employing" them and paying them a wage for their extra contribution. There are ways around it and clubs like Chelsea with extra funds will still come out on top.

Back to Bush:

bushposter2.jpg

99024[/snapback]

Any country could have and should have said no, most of the European countries did, and rightly so.

This "special relationship" that allegedly exists between the US-UK is bollocks too, as far as I can see the UK is promised favours but never receives any.

Blair has no balls, he should have stood up to Bush like the French did. He went way down in my estimation that day.

Anyhow, havent you lot got Howard in charge? As far as I can recollect, he's like Thatcher with a dick.... (although some would claim Thatcher DID indeed have a dick).

On the salary cap thing, it works well here, not really any dominant teams in footbal and hockey, baseball is a different matter, as they have a TAX on overspending but not a cap.

John Howard is more like Les Patterson without hair. And I reckon Thatcher has a dick :P

99160[/snapback]

John Howard is actually just like Mr Garrison off South Park. He'd like the world to think he's the one with his hand up the puppet's arse but really he is the puppet!

Fucking hate him, I think I'd be happier with Blair ;)

Edited by sammynb

I certainly hope the next thread I start doesn't turn into a foreign policy debate like this one.

99543[/snapback]

Football, politics and religion all conversation starters, you should know that Mayor.

Edited by sammynb

John Howard is more like Les Patterson without hair. And I reckon Thatcher has a dick :P

99160[/snapback]

John Howard is actually just like Mr Garrison off South Park. He'd like the world to think he's the one with his hand up the puppet's arse but really he is the puppet!

Fucking hate him, I think I'd be happier with Blair ;)

99472[/snapback]

Doesn't that make him more like Mr. Hat? ;)