Those friendly Ultras

Asprilla

r1718459675.jpg

Smog 'victim'

107056[/snapback]

He's notorious, him. Although he appears to have grown some hair.

I think in this case, the Boro fans were the victims like, but trouble is following them around Europe. This isn't meant to sound all high-horsey-braggy, so don't take it that way.. When we got back into the Champs League, I went to all of the aways, then the following season, went to all of the UEFA cup aways. The season after (last season) I could only afford one, Heerenveen. That's a total of 14 (I think) different european towns. Out of them, I neither saw or heard of anything very serious. There were definitely small incidents at places like Feyenoord and Milan, but nothing as bad as this Boro incident. I wonder if they attract it?

r1718459675.jpg

Smog 'victim'

107056[/snapback]

He's notorious, him. Although he appears to have grown some hair.

I think in this case, the Boro fans were the victims like, but trouble is following them around Europe. This isn't meant to sound all high-horsey-braggy, so don't take it that way.. When we got back into the Champs League, I went to all of the aways, then the following season, went to all of the UEFA cup aways. The season after (last season) I could only afford one, Heerenveen. That's a total of 14 (I think) different european towns. Out of them, I neither saw or heard of anything very serious. There were definitely small incidents at places like Feyenoord and Milan, but nothing as bad as this Boro incident. I wonder if they attract it?

107398[/snapback]

Soopafan tbh

:o

Aye, I was wondering the same thing about the Boro fans tbh. Don't know what happened with this incident obviously and they may well be completely innocent, but they do have a reputation for having some proper idiots that follow them.

107398[/snapback]

I've been to most of the euro trips apart from the last two UEFA seasons when I only went to a couple but I've seen a few isolated incidents almost everywhere. It has to be said that if Boro are like us then all their daft lads see Euro trips as a must - I know a few of ours from years back and they all seem to make Europe.

A couple of places have had potential for a "Roma" but mainly through luck have turned out okay - Cologne (for Leverkusen) and the first Belgrade trip were the dodgiest I've seen.

I've been to most of the euro trips apart from the last two UEFA seasons when I only went to a couple but I've seen a few isolated incidents almost everywhere. It has to be said that if Boro are like us then all their daft lads see Euro trips as a must - I know a few of ours from years back and they all seem to make Europe.

A couple of places have had potential for a "Roma" but mainly through luck have turned out okay - Cologne (for Leverkusen) and the first Belgrade trip were the dodgiest I've seen.

107539[/snapback]

I stayed in Cologne like, but saw nowt. What was all that about? I was lucky enough to be too young to do the Belgrade number 1 trip like.

You're right about daft lads 'n aal, cannit fail to spot them in Europe.

107539[/snapback]

I stayed in Cologne like, but saw nowt. What was all that about? I was lucky enough to be too young to do the Belgrade number 1 trip like.

You're right about daft lads 'n aal, cannit fail to spot them in Europe.

107604[/snapback]

Irish bar in the cobbled square - we'd been in ages when it filled up with a full complement of you know who. Cologne had been at an away match (night before our game) and when they returned they turned up outside - cue mass exodus to the classic "the Jormans are outside, howay" and a return 10 minutes later to a resounding "that was fun" (We didn't bother being sensible/soft).

Funny thing was we were talking to a good mate of ours at the match who is one of the daftest who reckoned we should have been in Dusseldorf as evry lunatic on the planet was there and had a great time. I think the fact it was our first chance to visit Germany meant an extra special effort all round.

The thing about Belgrade and the like is that even though they are shitbags you tend to "trust" the coppers in Italy, Spain etc but in Easten Europe it seemed more "foreign" to me. Having said that, thats also what made the trips as a whole lot more interesting.