Congratulations England!!!=)

aaalan

Havent gone to the stadium today as has to study!! ;)

Having said that will be there from tommorow hopefully. ;);)

will try and get some pictyres too :slap::slap:

At lunch...Eng 50odd for the loss of 1w. Seems to be boring...The heat :slap: is slutry

i must say!! :no

B) rocks

21032006002.jpg

21032006006.jpg

I am last in the brown Tshirt(couldnt wear the toon shirt cozz of the climate)

21032006005.jpg

INDIAN TEAM HURDLE AFTER FLINTOFF WICKET :o

21032006004.jpg
Edited by aaalan

Guest CrimsonFault

Eng-ger-land.

Is it only me, or has the nation given up on cricket after the cricket and don't give a monkeys about cricket anymore? Just like with rugby and tennis. Makes me sick these part time super fans tbh.

Eng-ger-land.

Is it only me, or has the nation given up on cricket after the cricket and don't give a monkeys about cricket anymore? Just like with rugby and tennis. Makes me sick these part time super fans tbh.

107844[/snapback]

I refer the gentleman to my post back in August, at the hight of Ashes fever:

If even a tenth of the people following the Ashes remotely gives a shite about how we're doing in India this winter I'll fly over there, strip naked and wave my cock in Tendulkar's face while he's taking guard.

;)

Anyway, nice to see we are doing well, 212-1 (although it's effectivley for 2 if Shah's injury doesn't improve, I hope it does though, he should have been in the winter squads anyway IMO), after Dravid did a Nasser and put us in on a belter. :o

Anyway, nice to see we are doing well, 212-1 (although it's effectivley for 2 if Shah's injury doesn't improve, I hope it does though, he should have been in the winter squads anyway IMO), after Dravid did a Nasser and put us in on a belter.  :o

107849[/snapback]

Wasnt Shah using the 'Beast' bat by Kookaburra, which was the graphite bat that was banned on the 12th of March this year by the ICC. After all the fuss before the Ashes series about Ricky Pontings bat, surely they cant just forget about this as he doesnt have the profile that Ponting has?

Maybe not his fault as he didnt have any bats as i read he came from the West Indies or something and was probably not thinking he would get a game but still surely the ECB should of informed the player so arrangments could of been made.

Anyways Australia beat South Africa yesterday to take a 1-0 lead in the test series against South Africa.

Oh and India are in trouble!

Havent gone to the stadium today as has to study!! ;)

Having said that will be there from tommorow hopefully. ;)  ;)

will try and get some pictyres too :slap:  :slap:

At lunch...Eng 50odd for the loss of 1w. Seems to be boring...The heat  :slap: is slutry

i must say!! :no

B) rocks

107839[/snapback]

:o:no

Back from the match... ;):o;)

Left for home inbetween when certain genius in my avatar gave a catch to the wicketkeeper.

Not going to take part further...its a draw.

;) whens the livpool match :slap:

Cmon India! Save this bastard test. England are 2/31 with a lead of 152 i think it was so anything could happen from here. Either a draw or an unlikely Indian win would do me down to a tea :lol:

Cmon India! Save this bastard test. England are 2/31 with a lead of 152 i think it was so anything could happen from here. Either a draw or an unlikely Indian win would do me down to a tea  :lol:

108330[/snapback]

:lol: Still bitter about the summer or is it the woeful Aussie performance so far in the Commonwealth Games that's getting you down? :lol:

Cmon India! Save this bastard test. England are 2/31 with a lead of 152 i think it was so anything could happen from here. Either a draw or an unlikely Indian win would do me down to a tea  :razz:

108330[/snapback]

:lol: Still bitter about the summer or is it the woeful Aussie performance so far in the Commonwealth Games that's getting you down? :razz:

108334[/snapback]

:lol::lol::blush::nufc:

Why have England a) scored so slowly today without ever really going on the charge even when they were 7 or 8 wickets down, and b ) put India in to bat with only 9 overs in the day remaining? Can one of the cricket soopans please explain? :lol:

Why have England a) scored so slowly today without ever really going on the charge even when they were 7 or 8 wickets down, and b ) put India in to bat with only 9 overs in the day remaining?  Can one of the cricket soopans please explain? :lol:

108608[/snapback]

Fear. Plain and simple. With 'the turbanator' and Kumble bowling, England always had the chance of collapse.

What was necessary was to keep plodding away and taking time up. If India had got in with two or so hours left this evening and managed to crack 50 -60 runs off then they could well have fancied giving the win a go tomorrow.

When tomorrow comes (I'm sure there's a song there somewhere) we only have Hogg, flintoff and Anderson worth anything in respect of decent bowling - Udal and Panesaar (sp) just don't frighten anybody. Once the medium-quicks have tired then India are in easy street.

Oh, and was it The Eurythmics that had that line in one of their songs??

But snakey, losing the series 1-0 or 2-0 makes no difference? Surely they needed to give themselves as much time as possible with as high a score as possible to have a bowl at India? Plus it gives the bowlers a go today, then a rest before tomorrow, rather than having to do it all in one go tomorrow with only 3 bowlers looking capable of taking wickets.

Why have England a) scored so slowly today without ever really going on the charge even when they were 7 or 8 wickets down, and b ) put India in to bat with only 9 overs in the day remaining?  Can one of the cricket soopans please explain? :lol:

108608[/snapback]

A ) It's pretty standard on the sub-continent especially on a slow turning wicket like this one. Basically, it's hard to score quickly under those circumstances.

B ) England were bowled out, although it may work in our favour as the batsmen have little to gain and everything to lose by batting for a short period before the close.

But snakey, losing the series 1-0 or 2-0 makes no difference?  Surely they needed to give themselves as much time as possible with as high a score as possible to have a bowl at India?  Plus it gives the bowlers a go today, then a rest before tomorrow, rather than having to do it all in one go tomorrow with only 3 bowlers looking capable of taking wickets.

108621[/snapback]

Good point. I'll get back on the phone to Boycs to see what his answer is now :lol:

108608[/snapback]

A ) It's pretty standard on the sub-continent especially on a slow turning wicket like this one. Basically, it's hard to score quickly under those circumstances.

B ) England were bowled out, although it may work in our favour as the batsmen have little to gain and everything to lose by batting for a short period before the close.

108623[/snapback]

A) You've obviously never seen me as a 10 year old with my junior County cricket set (only one stump at the bowler's end) knocking sixes all over the shop in my back garden - very uneven wicket and about a 3 ft gradient from one end to the other. Admittedly the bowling was underarm, but still! I would have been hitting boundaries galore in Mumbai this morning!

:lol: I would have thought they would have declared though. Especially batting on with Panesar and Anderson after Flintoff was out - just wasting time, surely. :lol:

Cmon India! Save this bastard test. England are 2/31 with a lead of 152 i think it was so anything could happen from here. Either a draw or an unlikely Indian win would do me down to a tea  :lol:

108330[/snapback]

:lol: Still bitter about the summer or is it the woeful Aussie performance so far in the Commonwealth Games that's getting you down? :lol:

108334[/snapback]

Still bitter :blush:

Why would our Commonwealth games performance be woeful when we have won a shit load of medals and i dont even rate the Comm Games, waste of time.

108330[/snapback]

108334[/snapback]

Still bitter :blush:

Why would our Commonwealth games performance be woeful when we have won a shit load of medals and i dont even rate the Comm Games, waste of time.

108635[/snapback]

Wellsy is seething :nufc:

i agree with gemmil. we should have been far more aggressive and declared early.

i can see this one heading for a draw, especially with the wall still to come in. he can hang around at the crease all day if required.

i agree with gemmil. we should have been far more aggressive and declared early.

i can see this one heading for a draw, especially with the wall still to come in. he can hang around at the crease all day if required.

108675[/snapback]

Was kindda funny to c Flintoff hang in there at such a slow run rate...

It is England who needs to win...

Not quite sure wot the plan was....I thought they should have taken a chance and gave us a target that was tempting enough to chase.Atleast 4 sessions to get India out.

Thinkin of going tommo after lunch if my batsman r going for a win :lol: