Madjeski here we come

Rob W

Reading promoted so its the M4 next year lads (or a direct Virgin train I guess)

Just remember we OPENED their stadium for them - the only time Rudd G played in a black & white shirt (and bloody good he was to)

Guess they'll sell it out pretty much every week - 5 Lahndahn clubs plus the Midlands clubs and maybe Pompey all within 90 minutes drive

You're obsessed with them more than Brock is, and he's a die hard Reading fan!

110493[/snapback]

He's not man. This is Robs trick: Find something that's current and topical. Do 10 minutes frantic research online into the latest goings-on. Post on here and appear all knowledgeable and superior when actually he didn't know where Reading was 12 minutes ago....

:)

110493[/snapback]

He's not man. This is Robs trick: Find something that's current and topical. Do 10 minutes frantic research online into the latest goings-on. Post on here and appear all knowledgeable and superior when actually he didn't know where Reading was 12 minutes ago....

110500[/snapback]

Busted!

I was at said NUFC match, 2-2 whilst being a very even affair with me sitting in the west stand (I now sit in the North). Ruud was booed by both sets of fans. :)

It hasn't sunk in yet! Reading going up! Now if they can win the league it'll be magical!!! :)

110493[/snapback]

I go to Reading occasionaly and deal with a bunch of Reading types on the phone so I HAVE to saty up with the chat

110493[/snapback]

110500[/snapback]

BUGGER!! My cunning methods exposed for all to see .... :):unsure:;):panic:

(but see above - I HVAE been to the Majeski))

It's also pronounced:

Mad aysh ki

110584[/snapback]

I thought it "yes Massa, Sir!"

Brock - how long did the announcer last after he F****** up the opening when we were there - Mr M didn't look very pelased IIRC

I was reading that Madejski put in £ 40 million - but that was back in the early -mid 90's

presumably he would get a lot more for the club now.............

I was reading that  Madejski put in £ 40 million - but that was back in the early -mid 90's

presumably he would get a lot more for the club now.............

110886[/snapback]

Do you reckon they'd be worth much more than £40million? I'm not so sure.

Well a premiership club, some serious income next year, parachute payments etc etc......................

110894[/snapback]

How much are we worth btw? Mind Reading probably own the land their stadium's on :)

Edited by alex

Well a premiership club, some serious income next year, parachute payments etc etc......................

110894[/snapback]

How much are we worth btw? Mind Reading probably own the land their stadium's on :)

110896[/snapback]

Madejski paid £ 1 for the land for the stadium.................

"The Madejski Stadium opened in August 1998 at a total cost of £45,000,000. The stadium is named after current Chairman John Madejski who paid for nearly half the stadium himself. One particular interesting fact about the stadium is that it was built on top of a refuse dump. The land cost £1 to buy off the council but £10,000,000 to turn into land that could be built on"

Its now surrounded by serious office developments & must be worth zillions

"In February Madejski, 62, purchased a sculpture by Edgar Degas, La Petite Danseuse de Quatorze Ans, at Sotheby's. With the buyer's premium included, the bronze figurine set him back more than £5m but he considers it a bargain.

Madejski promptly loaned it to the Royal Academy for display in the Fine Rooms at Burlington House, restored to their 18th-century glory after a £3m donation from the tycoon

Visit Reading and his influence is inescapable. He is chairman of Reading football club and has spent £40m on the First Division side's Madejski stadium. His name is also attached to a hotel, an art gallery and a lecture theatre in the town. Madejski launched Auto Trader magazine in 1977. In 1998, he netted £174m from the sale of its parent company, Hurst Publishing.

Madejski now has business interests around the world from a hotel in the Galapagos Islands to a bottling plant in China and is easily worth £305m.He owns a large number of luxury cars, owning a couple of Rolls-Royces, two Bentleys, four Jaguars, an AC Cobra and a pair of Ferraris, including a red 328 which sits inside a glass case in the gym of his home."

If they invest in some new defenders (not enough cover at the back, I also wonder whether Ingimarsson and Murty will be suitable) then Reading will stay up.

Reading do own the land the stadium was built on and it did indeed cost Mr Mad

£1 :)

Suggest you don't play poker with him - its all offices and shopping centres down there now - and he paid a £ 1............................