Bellamy - by Paul Gilder

Guest CrimsonFault

not necessarily, he had the problem of finding the finance to get rid of him.

121278[/snapback]

Problem? It was a simple task of plucking it from the money tree. Failing that he could have sent someone down into the bottomless pit with a briefcase.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I obviously can't also tell you the ex Blackburn player who tells about the potential leg breaking incident involving Souness when he was at Blackburn..

120144[/snapback]

Are you talking about the Dwight Yorke 5-a-sides incident LM?

Thought that one was pretty much public knowledge, might even be in Yorke's book.

120278[/snapback]

the fuckwit liar said it was a fair challenge though, the type that happens every day in training [words to that effect]

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ers/3518648.stm

The incident confirmed his psychopathic tendencies, which some of us pointed out before the Bellamy incident, and amazingly some people STILL thought Souness, was right, and sound of mind ... despite ALL the proof to the contrary

120283[/snapback]

Especially Shepherd....

120503[/snapback]

Money doesn't grow on trees, although many on here seem to think it does [not you though]

Interesting to note that NO ONE has yet suggested who the new Abramovic is that is going to save our club from only being the 5th most successful on and off the pitch in the last decade.....nor how ALL our old directors stretching back to the 1950's couldn't buy England players, fill the ground with 52,000 supporters and appoint England managers, and be bigger and better than all our big city rivals for 40 years bar 2

121278[/snapback]

I'm confused? We've been bigger and better than Liverpool, Man United, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs etc for 38 years?

I still don't see how we've been the 5th most successful team on the pitch in the last 10 years tbh, but I know you don't "do" stats so I guess it's a pointless argument.

I obviously can't also tell you the ex Blackburn player who tells about the potential leg breaking incident involving Souness when he was at Blackburn..

120144[/snapback]

Thought that one was pretty much public knowledge, might even be in Yorke's book.

120278[/snapback]

the fuckwit liar said it was a fair challenge though, the type that happens every day in training [words to that effect]

The incident confirmed his psychopathic tendencies, which some of us pointed out before the Bellamy incident, and amazingly some people STILL thought Souness, was right, and sound of mind ... despite ALL the proof to the contrary

120283[/snapback]

Especially Shepherd....

120503[/snapback]

Money doesn't grow on trees, although many on here seem to think it does [not you though]

Interesting to note that NO ONE has yet suggested who the new Abramovic is that is going to save our club from only being the 5th most successful on and off the pitch in the last decade.....nor how ALL our old directors stretching back to the 1950's couldn't buy England players, fill the ground with 52,000 supporters and appoint England managers, and be bigger and better than all our big city rivals for 40 years bar 2

121278[/snapback]

I'm confused? We've been bigger and better than Liverpool, Man United, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs etc for 38 years?

I still don't see how we've been the 5th most successful team on the pitch in the last 10 years tbh, but I know you don't "do" stats so I guess it's a pointless argument.

121479[/snapback]

On AND off...but on anyway if you like

Hmmm...well how many other clubs have qualified for europe and the CL so often, played in a couple of cup finals, been so ambitious in the transfer market, built a new training complex and re-developed their stadium to such an extent and expense.

Fairly straightforward if you think about it

Edited by LeazesMag

120144[/snapback]

120278[/snapback]

120283[/snapback]

Especially Shepherd....

120503[/snapback]

121278[/snapback]

121479[/snapback]

Hmmm...well how many other clubs have qualified for europe and the CL so often, played in a couple of cup finals, been so ambitious in the transfer market, built a new training complex and re-developed their stadium to such an extent and expense.

121499[/snapback]

Being ambitious in the transfer market, building a new training complex and re-developing the stadium isn't "on the pitch", which is what I was questioning.

Can you qualify your statement about being better than all of our big city rivals please. Who exactly would you claim are our rivals?

120144[/snapback]

120278[/snapback]

120283[/snapback]

Especially Shepherd....

120503[/snapback]

121278[/snapback]

121479[/snapback]

121499[/snapback]

Being ambitious in the transfer market, building a new training complex and re-developing the stadium isn't "on the pitch", which is what I was questioning.

Can you qualify your statement about being better than all of our big city rivals please. Who exactly would you claim are our rivals?

121521[/snapback]

So far as the chairman and directors are concerned, the overall performance of the club encompasses that of off the field and on the field , especially off the field as this is their particular area of expertise, rather than on the field, which is why they appoint a professional team manager. This point has been explained. If you and the others really think Shepherd is team manager, why are we looking for one, and why are you all posting about who it is going to be.

The off the field progress and setup of Newcastle United is one of the best in the country, and has made enormous strides under the current board, and its predecessor going back to 1992. Fact, not opinion.

On the field, we are the 5th most successful club in the premiership. Fact. Not opinion, fact. Nothing I have ever said about this current board of directors on this board is an opininon, everything is FACT. I ask you and others for fact, and you give me opinions. But I am asking for facts, opinions without facts to back them up are irrelevant.

Aston Villa, Man City, Spurs, Wolves, Birmingham, Sunderland, Leeds, Everton, Sheffield Wednesday, Southampton, Portsmouth, Forest, West Ham are all big city clubs like us, who in the 30+ years previous to 1992 all had periods, some lengthy ones and for the majority of the period in question, of attaining bigger crowds, better results, better league positions than us, and all of them bar 2 have won a domestic trophy since we have, some of them numerous trophies. Therefore they are all our rivals. If you like you can add smaller clubs who have had periods of doing the same ie Derby, Blackburn, West Brom, Stoke. We have topped ALL of these clubs since the Halls and Shepherd reversed our fortunes. Correct or not ?

The ONLY two other big city clubs who we have not caught up, other than on a fleeting temporary basis, is Arsenal and Liverpool.

I leave out Chelsea [now] and Manu for obvious reasons. Arsenal and Liverpool are the ONLY 2 clubs that were streets ahead of us that we could reasonably be exected to match and/or better at this moment now and recently.

Fact or not ? I have named these clubs, so many times, and still only one or two people have attempted to come up with a constructive debate, other than just a groundless factless opinion.

Only 4 clubs have done better than us since Shepherd became chairman. Fact. When we get the right manager in, or/and their current ones leave, we will challenge these clubs as we did under Keegan, but as I have explained before there are only 2 trophies [or 3 if you like], unfortunately after Chelsea and manu have cleaned up, that doesn't leave much for the rest of us, like it or not this is realistic. We do not have a divine right to finish top dogs, those of you who think we are, are just as ridiculous for saying so as the very chairman you castigate for saying the same thing.

Lastly, as some of you seem to think he is the team manager, don't you think congratulations are in order for the way he has turned the team around lately ...

And when you have finished counteracting any of these facts with proven discrepancies, if you can which you can't, I wouldn't mind asking what "statistics" you had in mind

Edited by LeazesMag

93/94 3rd

94/95 6th

95/96 2nd

96/97 2nd

97/98 13th

98/99 13th

99/00 11th

00/01 11th

01/02 4th

02/03 3rd

03/04 5th

04/05 14th

05/06 10th

Average of?

Please point me to the evidence of the FACT that we are the 5th most successfull Premiership team of all time.

From season 1998-99 until 2004-05 [awarded equiv of 20th if not in premiership]

=======================

Team total lge position / average lge position

1. Arsenal 12 / 1.7

2. Man U 13 / 1.8

3. Chelsea 27 / 3.8

4. Liverpool 30 / 4.4

5. Villa 62 / 8.7

Newcastle 61 / 8.7

7. Leeds 70 / 10.0

8. Spurs 75 / 10.7

9. Smoggies 76 / 10.8

10.Everton 87 / 12.4

You thought because our average was 8th-9th it meant we were 8th or 9th top didn't you ?

So much for statistics. There is the proof above.

BTW, I'm not totally against stats, some you can't ignore they are what determines things, but silly stats like saying someone is better than someone else because they scored 3 more goals, or made 6 more passes....utter shite.

Our Champions League appearance, other european appearances, and 2 Cup Finals have the edge over Villa I would say, wouldn't you agree ?

As for off the field, Villa are millions of miles behind us, millions, in terms of ambition and enterprise of the chairman and board.

Do you disagree or not ? Is this a fact or not? Are the above fact or not ?

Now, about my other points.

This board, pre-1992, took this football club from approx 20th position [nowhere] and selling all our best players to clubs which are now miles behind us. Fact or not ??

I see no one has answered the FACTS FROM THE LAST POST.

http://www.toontastic.net/forum/index.php?...21entry121621

Like so.

Well, answer them. And answer these statistics above too.

Of course if you go back to 1992-93, we are clearly above Villa, I didn't do that I took if from the 1998 Cup Final just to give you all a fighting chance ....

Edited by LeazesMag

Come on Fat Fred, you HAVE To deliver something to us now!

119845[/snapback]

you did get Owen to be fair.

I could be wrong as you saw way more of him than I did, but bellamy is playing consistently to a higher level for B'burn than he was for newcastle and considereing he was a trouble maker maybe it didn't seem the worst idea at the time.

He's now turning into the player i always thought that he should be but was never going to reach

Come on Fat Fred, you HAVE To deliver something to us now!

119845[/snapback]

you did get Owen to be fair.

I could be wrong as you saw way more of him than I did, but bellamy is playing consistently to a higher level for B'burn than he was for newcastle and considereing he was a trouble maker maybe it didn't seem the worst idea at the time.

He's now turning into the player i always thought that he should be but was never going to reach

121673[/snapback]

I think he is playing at the level he was when he first came to Newcastle. Its a myth peddled by cockney fuckwit journalists that players leave Newcastle and play better. They said it about Gazza, but the best Gazza EVER played is when he first got into the Newcastle team. I saw the youth cup final at Watford where we won 4-1 and Gazza was absolutely brilliant, it was obvious he was going to be a world star, the same as Wayne Rooney, only a blind man wouldn't see both of those examples.

And, [we've just been on about this in the pub tonight] Gazza came into the Newcastle team as an 18 year old kid and grabbed hold of senior professionals by the scruff of the neck and saved the club from relegation. He was the stuff that McKeag dreamed of, he preserved top league status on the cheap, single handed.

Without them spending a penny. Until the great directors let him go and we got relegated.

Magnificent player. Would the current board let him go ? Would they fuck. Would he want to go ? Of course not, even Gazza would have the sense to see that Newcastle United now are a club run by ambitious people who are desperate for the club to be successful and are prepared to show their ambition and determination with the colour of the money and prove it by tryin gto buy players of ability that are fit to play alongside him.

Luque eat your fucking heart out, in fact piss off back to Spain, Zoggy puts you to shame you worhless heap of crap.

And the comment from whykikideetoon, is so stupid and ludicrous, considering the money this board has gave its managers, that its not even worth commenting on.

What a tosser

Edited by LeazesMag

I think he is playing at the level he was when he first came to Newcastle. Its a myth peddled by cockney fuckwit journalists that players leave Newcastle and play better. They said it about Gazza, but the best Gazza EVER played is when he first got into the Newcastle team. I saw the youth cup final at Watford where we won 4-1 and Gazza was absolutely brilliant, it was obvious he was going to be a world star, the same as Wayne Rooney, only a blind man wouldn't see both of those examples.

And, [we've just been on about this in the pub tonight] Gazza came into the Newcastle team as an 18 year old kid and grabbed hold of senior professionals by the scruff of the neck and saved the club from relegation. He was the stuff that McKeag dreamed of, he preserved top league status on the cheap, single handed.

Without them spending a penny. Until the great directors let him go and we got relegated.

Magnificent player. Would the current board let him go ? Would they fuck. Would he want to go ? Of course not, even Gazza would have the sense to see that Newcastle United now are a club run by ambitious people who are desperate for the club to be successful and are prepared to show their ambition and determination with the colour of the money and prove it by tryin gto buy players of ability that are fit to play alongside him.

Luque eat your fucking heart out, in fact piss off back to Spain, Zoggy puts you to shame you worhless heap of crap.

And the comment from whykikideetoon, is so stupid and ludicrous, considering the money this board has gave its managers,  that its not even worth commenting on.

What a tosser

121727[/snapback]

i'm not a lazy london journo though. I don't think Bellamy was this prolific at newcastle. he was a good player but he didn't carry the level of goal threat he does now.

i'm not a lazy london journo though. I don't think Bellamy was this prolific at newcastle. he was a good player but he didn't carry the level of goal threat he does now.

He's improved his finishing a bit, but he's as much of a player for them as he was for us.

Rather have him than Owen tbh.

So we're the 6th most successful team then? Should Villa fans be happy?

121903[/snapback]

is that the best you can do to answer all those facts ?

121903[/snapback]

121973[/snapback]

I'll answer them when they're accurate. Can you answer mine?

121903[/snapback]

121973[/snapback]

122082[/snapback]

They are accurate. Are you saying they are not.

As for YOURS....I don't give a shit about Aston Villa, but I think the fans should be quite pissed off having a big club run by someone like Doug Ellis, another question is would you swap Shepherd for Doug Ellis ?

If you ain't going to answer my questions, having asked them so many times, and they ARE FACTUAL, then you're just being an arse Gol. And an evasive one, I'll take a no reply as proof of me being correct BTW, and anyone else with half a brain will realise the same.

You simply can't disprove FACTS, in my 2 threads.

121903[/snapback]

121973[/snapback]

122082[/snapback]

As for YOURS....I don't give a shit about Aston Villa, but I think the fans should be quite pissed off having a big club run by someone like Doug Ellis, another question is would you swap Shepherd for Doug Ellis ?

If you ain't going to answer my questions, having asked them so many times, and they ARE FACTUAL, then you're just being an arse Gol. And an evasive one, I'll take a no reply as proof of me being correct BTW, and anyone else with half a brain will realise the same.

122177[/snapback]

Hang on, you're saying it's fact that FS is a good chairman?

121903[/snapback]

121973[/snapback]

122082[/snapback]

122177[/snapback]

122298[/snapback]

what an arsehole

121903[/snapback]

121973[/snapback]

122082[/snapback]

122177[/snapback]

122298[/snapback]

what an arsehole

122377[/snapback]

That's something we do agree on. So he's an arsehole but a good chairman?